Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:07 AM
OMG! That's what i call a beach. The colour is perfect, makes me want to swim in there lol.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 8:11 PM
lol dude! that's awsome. Great work.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 2:30 PM
this looks FAB!! my DH is playing GTA right now haha!

~ Nyn ~
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#54 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
I think FP has been busy with a couple of cars he just uploaded to his site yesterday. I'm sure he'll be back with Vice City very soon.

BTW, the cars are awesome!

I can't even begin to comment on any particular changes I see that need to be done, because I don't see any.

Ah well, keep it up FP, I'm looking forward to downloading this for Dex.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 3:32 PM
Please don't leave this fabulous project alone!
I would definitely download. This is the best creation I've ever seen!
Oh please, don't leave this project...

-Projects-
Humble Way
1 Humble Way-2 Humble Way-3 Humble Way-Humble Way Apartment Complex-Humble Way Spa
Theorist
#56 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
OH MY GOSH! This is absolutely amazing.. I think.. the water might be a bitt too light in places... but maybe that's just me, also.. how did you make the water light like that? Also, wait that's about it
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:19 PM
Default Bad News
Hey guys.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cancel this project.

Two days ago my computer left me with a 1 minute warning that it would shut down, and after that, my computer never worked. So I had to reinstall windows and I lost everything I had.

So, this project is no longer in progress. Unless I get a lot of inspiration and motivation to start all over again, but I doubt it. I apologize.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:44 PM
Noooooo! it can't be! say it ain't so! omg! The Pain! The pain! Oh FP that sucks....

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Inventor
#59 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Hey guys.

Two days ago my computer left me with a 1 minute warning that it would shut down, and after that, my computer never worked. So I had to reinstall windows and I lost everything I had.

So, this project is no longer in progress. Unless I get a lot of inspiration and motivation to start all over again, but I doubt it. I apologize.

Urgh, I know what that fels like. Had a crash like that years ago lost everything I had stored (about 6 gig) Back then I was into rendering software like Poser 4 and 3d Max i lost a lot of software i bought becuase of the crash.
It's devestating when it happenes, so much work, time and effort gone.

On the up side though, sometimes it's good to have a fresh start and begin all over again, best of luck wathever you decide.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:44 PM
This is why you have multiple partitions and never store anything on c drive and you can change the my documents path also.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Hey guys.

That really sucks :/ This project was really great, as GTA fan i was looking forward to it. Didn't you try to install windows on a different harddisk and plug in the broken one as secondary to attempt a filerecovery? But i guess i only pour salt into the wound with this, as you already formatted, damn that's a tough one, maybe you get the motivation to start over one day.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
#62 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:18 PM
This is a reason I always keep a linux live cd handy.

Any crash etc I can load up the linux OS from cd without making any permanent changes to the drives so I can see what's going on.
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:34 PM
Too good to be true

Flawless & Perfect
Divoply's Creations are here to stay
Field Researcher
#64 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:32 PM
aww I'm sorry to hear that..I hope you start over again sometime!!

~ Nyn ~
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:36 PM
So sad. Well, Thank you so much for trying.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:45 PM
Aww. Darn computers, you can't live with them and you can't live without them... I hope however that you continue making amazing stuff!
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:01 PM
Fresh Prince: I'll pay you $100 dollars via paypal if you restart the project. Just so EA won't get all uppity, we can even call the exchange "charity." What do you say?
Scholar
#68 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:02 AM
lol Logical-Master
OH NO!!!!! the AGONY!!!
Awz... I really wanted to see this world completed...

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Theorist
#69 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Logical-Master
Fresh Prince: I'll pay you $100 dollars via paypal if you restart the project. What do you say?

Yeah, good idea!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#70 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:37 AM
So sorry to hear F-P. I was really looking forward to this neighborhood. I might not have played Vice City, but boy my hubby did! I thought it would be neat to play "his" neighborhood in "my" game
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:57 AM
I don't check the forums here often but am aware when I get PM'd. If FP accepts my offer (which I'm also willing to add an additional $50 to), can someone PM me? Thanks.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:23 AM
*DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS*

Aw, FP. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:52 AM
Awww..sorry about the computer problems. I was reading this thread and showing it to my son. It was the first hood I wanted to play!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#74 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:16 AM
Logical-Master - $150, in the amount of time it takes to actually make a custom world, is, to be honest, kind of a joke. To really make a custom world, one could easily spend 100+ hours. $1.50/hour is kind of a crappy rate. In any case, this is a FREE site and we don't give people money to make content, even as an incentive. I know you're excited about the project, but dude... keep your wallet in your pocket, plz.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:36 AM
I remember the layout of this city perfectly from when I played this years ago! Awesomesauce!

Shame you couldn't recover any, you know even if you format a hard drive much of what was on it can still be recovered? Try recuva www.piriform.com
Locked thread
Page 3 of 30