Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I'mSimalicious!
Plus, FP said he wanted to make all the CC he uses.

I know that. I think you got me wrong so let me explain.

I was talking about AFTER the project is complete, starting a thread where creators can show off stuff that would look good in Vice City but is not part of the project itself. In other words adding stuff to 'the game' which is what creators do but making it Vice City themed and gathering links to it all in one thread. Just like a thread for World Adventures themed work or Las Vegas themed stuff.

I'm not for 1 second suggesting that FP use anyone elses work. I know he doesn't want to and I wouldn't recommend it. Anyway it's just a suggestion it's up to FP what he wants to do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#128 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 9:23 PM
Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying.

FP said he wants to make most of the CC, including buy mode, build mode, and Sims. If I understand correctly.

The only thing I don't understand is that since FP is planning on going full out, what's going to be left for other creators to do for the world when he's done?

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
There'll be loads in my opinion. I think FP would be trying to do too much if he tried everything. I think he should limit himself to stuff only he can do like the incredible cars he makes.
Banned
#130 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:02 PM
Wait, I'm confused. Did you find a backup or something?
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Wait, I'm confused. Did you find a backup or something?

Yes. If your refering to the news that FP's computer crashed and he lost everything, he found a back up on his brothers computer. Project is back on.
Banned
#132 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:14 PM
:O

heck yeah
Forum Resident
#133 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Murf
There'll be loads in my opinion. I think FP would be trying to do too much if he tried everything. I think he should limit himself to stuff only he can do like the incredible cars he makes.
Yeah, I don't think that's what his mentality is ATM. I feel like he wants to do as much as possible and make this a fully completed world. I think that's what his goal is.

But we'll see...

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Banned
#134 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM
FP, did you happen to see the tutorial I put together for custom water/sky colors? It looks like you're using terrain paint to make the water more tropical, but coloring the water would probably help a lot. The Vice City water has a very specific blue to it.
Forum Resident
#135 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:00 AM
Here's the link...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388840

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#136 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:03 AM
Yes, I don't plan on doing a hundred objects, but more so some little things that can add some more variety to the World, and as I'mSimalicious! said, Try as much as possible to make it a fully completed world.

And yes Claeric, I saw your tutorial, and then got mad that I didn't do it that way lol. I appreciate your tutorial, that may actually come in handy for the surrounding water I can't edit. Thank you! And thanks Chris for the link!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Murf : 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Yeah, I don't think that's what his mentality is ATM. I feel like he wants to do as much as possible and make this a fully completed world. I think that's what his goal is.

But we'll see...

We will see... Anyway, gotta go now, talk to ya another time.

Edit: wait.. I gotta bookmark that tutorial first, then I'm going.
Scholar
Original Poster
#138 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:32 PM
Oh, and Carlos, thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't work, because I don't really have any custom content in my game, just one sims3pack file which I installed on my newly reinstalled computer. And I can't wait to see your work! Good luck to you too.
Test Subject
#139 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:00 AM
How close is the project to being finished?
Top Secret Researcher
#140 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:02 PM
Carlos, those signs are very nice! I find a distinct lack of signs and objects to give the game that 'realistic' urban look. You are doing an amazing job with your world.
#141 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlosFilipePedro
Hi CharmingFirewaller, I received your private message but I can't seem to be able to reply. This is the message I get :
1.Invalid recipient username. Please press the back button, enter the correct username and try again. Click Here to See the Members List

There is no way in hell I'm going to spend the whole day going thru' thousands of names so if you read this message send me another message and include an e-mail
address so I can reply to you. Cheers Carlos

Hey Carlos. Sorry the PM system gave you such a hard time. I usually get messages from people just fine. I'll send you another one as soon as I'm done typing this.

Did you get the link, by the way? Hope it helped.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 10:54 PM
If you're starting a new world, CFP, then you should start a new thread.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
#143 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:29 PM
If you're starting a new world, CFP, then you should start a new thread.

We're sorry. He's just having trouble contacting me.

I love the custom Vice City so far, by the way.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
Well, yeah, if you guys are working on a new world, you should start a new world and show it off!

It seems pretty interesting.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
#145 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:48 PM
Oh, it's just his world. I was only trying to help out. He might start a thread though.

Anyway, I don't want Fresh-Prince to yell at me for going off-topic, so carry on...lol
Top Secret Researcher
#146 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:51 AM
I will look forward to Carlos' world post!
Mad Poster
#147 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:14 AM
Can't wait till this is done. Mind if I make some 'laidies' for the town? seems interesting :D
#148 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
Can't wait till this is done. Mind if I make some 'laidies' for the town? seems interesting :D

You mean like GTA prostitutes?
Mad Poster
#149 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:55 PM
pretty much why i said 'laidies'
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:56 PM Last edited by Murf : 6th Feb 2010 at 8:08 PM.
Hey FP.
I hope things are running smoothly so far. I know it can be hard work, especially on a computer that's been reinstalled. I just hope you're not having much bad luck or anything. And Thank you for doing it. Hope to see some new pics and updates soon, but take all the time you need. Even if it takes ages you still have my support.

I was right about their being a patch for the game but CAW doesn't seem to have one. And the patch that did come out is quite small. So I think it'll be okay to install and get it out of the way. I'd recommend you install it before the next one comes out because my launcher (which is not on auto-update) keeps trying to install older patches immediatly after it installs a new one . I can't stop it. Once it opens it starts. It almost broke my game again . Luckily the launcher had stayed open and I got the 'can't update while Sims 3 is running ' message preventing it from happening this time. Anyway thats probably just a problem with my 'pain in the neck' launcher so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Locked thread
Page 6 of 30