Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2019 at 10:29 AM
Default Using household bin will generate Sims with random sliders and face features?
Hey there! I'm currently trying to understand and change all this 'pudding' faces. I readed a lot of forums and I've seen that with SP I can get immigration using my bin folder. Since I recently started to populate an unpopulated world, I installed about 6/8 custom sims (most of them with slider use and some cc face features such as eyes, hair, clothes, etc) My world started to populate, and I can't really tell if I'm getting depudding faces since I never had notice the difference before. So, anyway, my question is, is it possible for my world to generate sims with features (such as sliders, custom lips and noses, clothing, etc) that I haven't used on my saved sims? As I said, I only installed about 6/8 sims so I'm not sure if that's enough. I already placed a default skin so that will definitely help, right?
Thank you so much in advance and sorry for the long post!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2019 at 1:00 AM
To tell if you are getting pudding (zero slider sims) for certain, bring some of the resulting sims into MasterController's version of CAS and examine the slider settings. If they are all or mostly zero, then you aren't getting much variation from EA standard.

The household bin method for genetics is going to partly depend on the sims with which you seed the bin. If you put zero slider sims or those that favor the same attributes as each other into the bin, then the resulting immigrants will be no more than blends of those features only plus or minus some variations that are controlled by SP's genetics settings under the Facial Blend Mutation ranges, SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Immigration/Emigration (note the one for Unset Blends). SP's Advanced Genetics, which requires the SP Population add-on module, adds more settings and blending options. But also be careful with those settings because with just a little too much mutation variation allowed for and depending on the sets of sliders in play, you can far too easily get a town full of sims who are certainly not pudding but whose facial features don't even begin to fit their faces and head sizes. Sometimes "less is more" when it comes to variations, mutations, and slider ranges.

There's also a bit more to it than that, all of the SP settings are spelled out and defined on the mod's master interactions page. Again, look under Options: Lots > Options: Immigration/Emigration for newly arriving immigrant sims, but under Options: Sims > Options: Immigration/Emigration for homeless Service Sims and Roommates, under Options: Pregnancy for sims to be born in-game.
http://www.nraas.net/community/Stor...on-Interactions

There is also a MasterController command that will randomize things on a specific sim or set of sims on demand in case there is still not enough variation being produced or not enough sliders being utilized per sim.
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Randomize Genetics (MC Cheats add-on module required)

For more guidance though, perhaps you could bring the questions to us at NRaas? These kinds of things often get as simple or as complicated as the player would like them to be.