Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#2126 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM
I truly hope major video game publications like IGN, Gamespot, PC Gamer and others call out EA on this pack, so they can garner some massive negative attention for TS4, the only kind of attention it deserves. I doubt things would improve, they didn't seem to improve for Star Wars Battlefront II, but at this point I just want The Sims 4 to crash and burn to ash instead of getting improvements.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2127 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
At this rate, Seasons will be chopped into an expansion, a game pack and two stuff packs.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
#2128 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:34 PM
Graham clarified on Twitter that the stuff pack only soft requires Cats & Dogs.
Gameplay Items: Only the base game is needed to access the new gameplay portion of the stuff pack.
CAS: Only the base game is needed to access all non-pet CAS items, you'll need the expansion (obviously) if you want the new pet clothes and shit.
Build: Only the base game is needed to access all Build/Buy stuff, however the objects intended for cats and dogs will not have interactions on them if you do not own the expansion.
Lab Assistant
#2129 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Gameplay Items: Only the base game is needed to access the new gameplay portion of the stuff pack.
CAS: Only the base game is needed to access all non-pet CAS items, you'll need the expansion (obviously) if you want the new pet clothes and shit.
Build: Only the base game is needed to access all Build/Buy stuff, however the objects intended for cats and dogs will not have interactions on them if you do not own the expansion.

Do they think this does make it better in any way?
Field Researcher
#2130 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
No offense, but with that mentality you're part of the problem. I don't care if people are gonna berate me for judging others on their personal purchases and likes, but voting with one's wallet is very much a thing, especially for EA. Buying these horrendous DLC's is only going to encourage EA to keep being a piece of shit company, damning the entire Sims community. If only the majority of Simmers would rise up and voice their dislike/dissatisfaction, similarly to how Elder Scrolls fans criticized Bethesda for that ratched Horse Armor DLC for Oblivion.

Absolutely Correct!!!!

I stopped buying their crap after that Backyard stuff pack piece of shit. And you know.... I've called EA/Maxis out on their crap so many times, and all I get is "well why are you here if you don't like the game?" Really??? If everyone just hands over their cash to EA for watered down versions of a game that used to be fantastic...then that is the problem. The entire sims community suffers everytime you give them money!! It's a seal of approval for a crap game. When you don't expect excellence and reward them for shit, then that is what you will continue to get. How does anyone justify shelling out money for 1 or 2 items in these packs???? Anything that they regurgitate up now for pets is just an insult to the fact that they already put out a Pets EP.... Everything should already be there!!! Small pets, wild animals, Fish, etc... Should have been included in the Pets EP!!

If you can't see this as a con to get more money than what this game is actually worth...then you are blind. This game was not made for the Sims community and dedicated players...This game was made for EA/Maxis and their wallets only.
Field Researcher
#2131 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
The game urgently needs a competitor which taken down a peg EA. It's suprising how the game which released 14 years ago may be better than modern game. But while a third-party competitor did not appear, TS3 and TS2 should be competitors of TS4.

(I hope I wrote everything correctly.)
Field Researcher
#2132 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:07 PM
Oh fuck... OH BLOODY FUCKING FUCK! I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!
This pack...this... this is basically our Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Part 2....and I was fucking joking about that a couple of months ago...

Field Researcher
#2133 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:14 PM
Oh fuck... OH BLOODY FUCKING FUCK! I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!
This pack...this... this is basically our Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Part 2....and I was fucking joking about that a couple of months ago...

LMFAO....

Oh man...I needed to laugh... thank you for that.
Instructor
#2134 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Ugh. I'm really fed up with this bullshit. I think I'm going to go back to the other sims games for a while.

I think TS2 Pets is better than TS4's, but that's because TS2 is just a better game overall.

Agreed. Because in The Sims 2 Pets, we can see their motives, memories, personalities, actions, etc. Also Pets don't count towards sims.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
#2135 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:19 PM
I just can’t even with this pack. The bulk of this pack is reserved for things that actually do require the EP, and if you don’t have it you’ll just be getting a bunch of non-interactive “pet themed” furniture. Did they let Grant produce a SP? I mean Jesus from start to finish this pack is just grab after grab. Nearly everything in this, including the hamster, could have been slapped into Cats and Dogs.

The fact that they reused the same meshes from C&D that they are selling again in this SP makes this the lowest quality stuff pack yet. And don’t even get me started on the bullshit damage control Graham is trying to pass on Twitter.
Instructor
#2136 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:22 PM

How I wish simguru Graham would leave Maxis sooner than later.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Top Secret Researcher
#2137 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
LOL they've totally gone bonkers. I'd accept it if they make a Small Animal Pack, complete with reptiles and birds, and offer all the Cats & Dogs new shit recolors as free DLC, but no, they've chosen to tread on a thin line.

Not gonna buy this for a full price. Nuh-uh. Nope. Maybe at 70-90% off? Maybe.

Quoting a comment on Youtube that makes me LOL like a madman:
The next stuff pack is gonna require this 'My First Pet stuff pack' and it's gonna have outfits for the hamsters! Can't wait!

Also, that's a huge-ass hamster cage.
Scholar
#2138 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:57 PM
Well, I feel less bad about the pack now that Graham made the clarifications. From the blog post it wasn't clear at all that the hamster would be playable without the Cats & Dogs expansion. Now it's less like a scam and more like a really really stupid idea. For people that owns the expansion, the pack makes sense - if you like the idea of fugly pet clothes and the like - but for people that doesn't own the expansion? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Instructor
#2139 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:57 PM Last edited by Scobre : 6th Mar 2018 at 10:18 PM.
Checks calendar, too early for April Fools. I have to agree about it being a Katy Perry type of troll pack. Like seriously they wasted a time on making a SP on that piece of plum? I just can't take the Sims 4 seriously anymore. Sims 4 is an example of how to piss off your customers to the full extent I guess. Typical EA.

There is only one video to describe Simmers being Rick rolled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Theorist
#2140 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:58 PM
They are really creating a whole stuff pack just around pet outfits (a crime against nature itself, except for winter gear where necessary) and hamster cages?

Also the furniture looks absolutely hideous. Like I haven't paid that much attention ot the furniture in the recent releases, but does it all look like cheap Japanese dollhouse furniture?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#2141 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Well, I feel less bad about the pack now that Graham made the clarifications. From the blog post it wasn't clear at all that the hamster would be playable without the Cats & Dogs expansion. Now it's less like a scam and more like a really really stupid idea. For people that owns the expansion, the pack makes sense - if you like the idea of fugly pet clothes and the like - but for people that doesn't own the expansion? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I own Cats and Dogs and the pet outfits still doesn't make sense. Heck, it looks like one of those costumes that comes with a free patch that you usually ends up looking for a mod to hide them. But then again. I've seen some actual pets owners with those ridiculous costumes so maybe the pack is targeted to crazy cat ladies? I dunno lol.
Theorist
#2142 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pova
man, you know what the weird upside to this is, though? the sims 3 suddenly seems like a really great game.

Nice to see people finally converting. c:

Welcome to the dark side, we have CaSt and open world.

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Also the furniture looks absolutely hideous. Like I haven't paid that much attention ot the furniture in the recent releases, but does it all look like cheap Japanese dollhouse furniture?

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup. [ᴘᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴇxʜᴀʟᴇ]
Scholar
#2143 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I own Cats and Dogs and the pet outfits still doesn't make sense. Heck, it looks like one of those costumes that comes with a free patch that you usually ends up looking for a mod to hide them. But then again. I've seen some actual pets owners with those ridiculous costumes so maybe the pack is targeted to crazy cat ladies? I dunno lol.

Yeah, well that's why I added 'if you like the idea of fugly pet clothes'. I personally don't use pet clothes at all, but since they were a feature of the expansion, it makes sense in a way that they include those if you own the expansion.
If you don't own the expansion, then I'm not so sure.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#2144 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Yeah, well that's why I added 'if you like the idea of fugly pet clothes'. I personally don't use pet clothes at all, but since they were a feature of the expansion, it makes sense in a way that they include those if you own the expansion.
If you don't own the expansion, then I'm not so sure.

I'm pretty sure there are no circumstances under which any of this pack makes sense.
Field Researcher
#2145 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Nice to see people finally converting. c:

Welcome to the dark side, we have CaSt and open world.

And Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Mad Poster
#2146 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:22 PM
I love how even some of the YouTubers aren't okay with this.

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#2147 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 6th Mar 2018 at 10:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I love how even some of the YouTubers aren't okay with this.

That implies there are some that are okay with it, and that causes me multiple layers of pain, distress, and confusion.

Also...

[some preplies later]

Apparently some people are actually willing to defend not only the practice, but the price as well...

Lord preserve us.
Forum Resident
#2148 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 7th Mar 2018 at 7:27 AM.
Wanting dog houses makes you a horrible pet owner and a despicable human being.

Dressing your pets as bananas and astronauts is totally normal though!
Inventor
#2149 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:38 PM
They need money for the families????? WHAAAAT? I hope whoever wrote that is like... 10. Any older than that and I'll be seriously concerned about the kind of audience TS4 is attracting.
Lab Assistant
#2150 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:44 PM
Why does the Trailer even have 8K likes??
But I think EA has another Shitstorm coming their way, when even the Yibs/Influencers (or w/ever they're called now) are not ok with this.
Page 86 of 141