Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:08 AM
Default Looking for mod(s) - Random disaster (TS4)
Hello!

I love to add mods to my game to make it more realistic, random and challenging.
In real life, we usually don't always achieve success just by trying and doing. In the Sims world, it works very much this way. If you start going for a career you will always have money and succeed.
Therefore I am looking for a mod which can add luck to success... or the other way around.
The problem is that I would want to find a more in-depth mod that has many different scenarios that are not just "Ops, you lost this much money from your family account lmao" but more clever which forces your family to get success by luck, a lot of dedication or both. Could there possibly be any mods like that out there or could I just be a dreamer?
I appreciate any answer I could get
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:46 PM
I would suggest that you take use of the wonderful cheating engine of the game and your imagination. Sometimes give your sims a "motherlode" of money and think of it as an inheritance from your sim's long-lost relative :D.
Theorist
#3 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:48 PM
I think they're looking for something that makes the game -harder- not easier. I agree the game is ridiculously easy. When my sims' triplets were born they didn;t even have enough money to put furniture in the baby room. they had 18 simoleons left. by the time the triplets were children My sims finished building the entire second level on the house, bought all expensive furniture and appliances, built a gigantic pool in the yard and have almost 100k :\ the game is absolutely ridiculous.

The game is less of a "Life Simulator" and more of an "Instant Success and Perfect Happy Life Imaginatimatron."
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:35 PM
would love to see that implemented. I'm thinking of small event where disease is harder to cure, and could be lethal. I believe it could be modded, but yeah as long as we aren't good at modding, we can just dream.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
would love to see that implemented. I'm thinking of small event where disease is harder to cure, and could be lethal. I believe it could be modded, but yeah as long as we aren't good at modding, we can just dream.

I would LOVE for illnesses to be more than a minor annoyance. The most dangerous thing we have now is Gas n' giggles giving a +2 playful towards laughing yourself to death.

Where are all the sad, dramatic stories with orphans and dead siblings? Sims only covered the happy side of life, but that's the most boring part of it!

I mean, tbh, if something DID happen like that and you end up NOT wanting the outcome, you can always cheat to get rid of it, or quit without saving, right? For people who are like "oh shit. that's the one I didn't want to die!"
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:16 PM