Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:53 PM
Default Having trouble logging in, staying logged in, and using site links.
This has been bothering me for the past month or two. I've tried everything to fix it. I've used 4 different browsers (all updated to the latest version): Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. I've disabled all extensions (which only apply to Chrome and Firefox. I run Opera and Edge vanilla. I only use them if I need to access a site that's hard to access with ad blocking software on), I've made sure I allow cookies, java, and flash on this site. I clear the cache whenever I close my browser so that's not an issue.

Opera is the only browser that the site even tries to work with and it just sometimes works a little. When it feels like it the sign in link will work and I can sign in. Usually once that happens I can use the site like normal but today that's not the case. I wanted to download something from a creator so I went to her page and I was logged off when I went to her page. If I pushed the back button I was logged back in but it wouldn't leave me logged in when I went to her page and the sign in link does nothing when I click in on her page. It did leave me logged in to come to the forums. Hopefully it lets this post.

The problem in all browsers is I can't log in and most of the site links don't work. When I click them they do nothing - except on the rare occasions when Opera decides it will let me log in. This is the only site that does this to me. I can't find a reason for it. It doesn't make sense.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:14 PM
Hi there

Sorry you are having so many issues. I'd like to address a couple of things:

1. You do not need to be logged in to download files from MTS. Logging in merely lets you favourite, follow, and track download history, as well as other things.
2. Usually in cases like this it's because of something screwing up with the cookies, but the fact that you are having issues across all browsers suggests something else is going on.

There is a special script that checks the basic cookie information to see if it's valid. It's located here: http://www.modthesims.info/testcookie.php

Can you go to that page and tell me what it says?

Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there

Sorry you are having so many issues. I'd like to address a couple of things:

1. You do not need to be logged in to download files from MTS. Logging in merely lets you favourite, follow, and track download history, as well as other things.
2. Usually in cases like this it's because of something screwing up with the cookies, but the fact that you are having issues across all browsers suggests something else is going on.

There is a special script that checks the basic cookie information to see if it's valid. It's located here: http://www.modthesims.info/testcookie.php

Can you go to that page and tell me what it says?

Thanks

Here's what it says: "Hello, Guest

Cookie list:
mts2userid........Not found or empty!
mts2username........Not found or empty!
mts2lastvisit........Not found or empty!
mts2lastactivity........Not found or empty!
mts2password........Not found or empty!
mts2downloadtype........Not found or empty!
mts2sessionhash........Not found or empty!
No login information detected!"

It looks like I don't exist.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:53 AM
Yup, your cookies are being eaten somehow. Do you use anything like Norton Internet Security or some other "Security" app? If so you might want to whitelist the site.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Yup, your cookies are being eaten somehow. Do you use anything like Norton Internet Security or some other "Security" app? If so you might want to whitelist the site.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm having health issues that cause severe fatigue and make me fall asleep constantly. Between that and the Dr. appointments I've been a little out of it the last few days.

Okay, I added this site as an exception in my firewall/antivirus program. I only have two extensions on Opera and one of them is a Password manager so it doesn't apply. The other one is an ad blocker so I disabled that in case it was an issue. I went into the browsers settings and turned off "do not track" and "protect from malicious sites" and all of that not only didn't help, it oddly made things worse. It would say I was logging on to this page but then when the page loaded it would say I was a guest. Each time I tried to log in it would tell me I was logging in as my user name, but then it would load me as guest. When I re-enabled the ad block, do not track, and protect from malicious sites, I was able to log in again and back to the original problem.

As for downloading as a guest, I can't. I can click on file but nothing happens. It's the same with Modding, Download, Upload, Community, Help, Site, and Search at the top of the web page. Nothing happens when I click those links. Same as nothing happening when I click the sign in link on any other Mod The Sims page besides the one I originally logged in on.

This is just the weirdest thing. It doesn't make sense to me. Usually I can figure this stuff out but I'm at a loss.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 4:06 PM
Changed thread category to To Fix