Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:32 AM
...A bed for three sims?
Hello! I 'm currently testing the polygamy mod... yep ... But, how to make a bed for 3 sims?
I've tested something like this (user xxsoulfire123) and "moveobjects on" but not working, the sim keep saying there's something in the way.... Any suggestion?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:47 AM Last edited by igazor : 9th Dec 2018 at 5:02 AM.
"The" polygamy mod? Have I been missing something?

But the thread linked to is for TS2. Which game are you playing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 6:03 PM Last edited by mdash : 9th Dec 2018 at 8:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
"The" polygamy mod? Have I been missing something?

Oh, not exactly "the polymagy mod", maybe I exaggerated a little hihihi sorry
it's just this script for allows multiple marriages.

But the thread linked to is for TS2. Which game are you playing?

I'm playing TS3.
Yes, the thread is for ts2. But I tried doing something similar as suggested in this thread ~beds together, omsp the blankets to clip together etc ~...but not work.
I think my Sims will have to take turns at bedtime. "I guess that's the price i pay for being indie" LOL
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 6:36 PM Last edited by igazor : 9th Dec 2018 at 6:47 PM.
Afraid I wouldn't recommend mods from that developer. I don't believe they ever updated them for patch levels beyond 1.55 and have since moved on from TS3. There are other things I could say here given the (really old) history on that one but it might be best if I just keep them to myself for now.

TS3, modded or otherwise, really isn't conducive to polygamy. There is one field for a sim's "partner," defined as Steady BF/GF or higher, and anything that interferes with that tends to lead to relationships that aren't really stable. This includes in-game provisions that EA put there on purpose like that which come with Level 10 Social Networking, i.e., the Relationship Transmogrifier, and certain prom and photo booth related scenarios. These things just never work out.

The closest most of us can come would be
-- Keep everyone at Romantic Interests but no partners, then find other ways to manage jealousy as under polygamy or mutual polyamory there shouldn't be any; reputations may tank but most of us don't really care about that
-- The partner field is world-specific so Sims can have multiple partners and even spouses if they each live in different worlds, meaning the WA worlds, Uni, I suppose maybe Oasis, or any NRaas Traveler mod connected world but the multiple partners never intersect with each other and are never in the same world at the same time; "What happens in Lucky Palms stays in Lucky Palms"

Probably not what you wanted in either case, but the single world-specific partner field limitation is pretty difficult to overcome.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:38 PM
While we're discussing polyamory igazor do you know of any Nraas mod(or any other mod) setting that will stop the LTR hit when two Sims flirt during a group conversation. In my polyamourous couple everyone is best friends so there shouldn't be any jealousy at all right? But the Sims still act jealous at times. Is it possible to stop this?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
While we're discussing polyamory igazor do you know of any Nraas mod(or any other mod) setting that will stop the LTR hit when two Sims flirt during a group conversation. In my polyamourous couple everyone is best friends so there shouldn't be any jealousy at all right? But the Sims still act jealous at times. Is it possible to stop this?

I never see this, again provided that the sims are no more than Romantic Interests with each other. If they are Steadies or higher, then that would be different. Not sure if it's Woohooer's settings that are working in my favor or that I give them all the No Jealousy LTR that came with WA, could be a combination, but I think it's more the LTR that stops that from happening strictly because Sim B thinks they have some sort of exclusive rights to be flirty with Sim A even while Sim C is in the room.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 11:00 PM
Afraid I wouldn't recommend mods from that developer. I don't believe they ever updated them for patch levels beyond 1.55 and have since moved on from TS3. There are other things I could say here given the (really old) history on that one but it might be best if I just keep them to myself for now.

I didn't know that. sorry for bringing back bad memorie!? O_O

TS3, modded or otherwise, really isn't conducive to polygamy. There is one field for a sim's "partner," defined as Steady BF/GF or higher, and anything that interferes with that tends to lead to relationships that aren't really stable. This includes in-game provisions that EA put there on purpose like that which come with Level 10 Social Networking, i.e., the Relationship Transmogrifier, and certain prom and photo booth related scenarios. These things just never work out.

The closest most of us can come would be
-- Keep everyone at Romantic Interests but no partners, then find other ways to manage jealousy as under polygamy or mutual polyamory there shouldn't be any; reputations may tank but most of us don't really care about that
-- The partner field is world-specific so Sims can have multiple partners and even spouses if they each live in different worlds, meaning the WA worlds, Uni, I suppose maybe Oasis, or any NRaas Traveler mod connected world but the multiple partners never intersect with each other and are never in the same world at the same time; "What happens in Lucky Palms stays in Lucky Palms"
Probably not what you wanted in either case, but the single world-specific partner field limitation is pretty difficult to overcome.

My current game all three are just romantic interest and I have the same problem as PuddingFace.
I used woohooer to "turn off jealousy" and Stone-Hearted / No Jealousy traid but it didn't work. :'(
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 12:59 AM Last edited by igazor : 10th Dec 2018 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mdash

My current game all three are just romantic interest and I have the same problem as PuddingFace.
I used woohooer to "turn off jealousy" and Stone-Hearted / No Jealousy traid but it didn't work. :'(

Other than repeatedly trying to help players cope with the effects of what became outdated mods, it was more like what I would call some cringeworthy moments than bad memories. This was a bit before my time, but I mean when someone accuses other mod developers who have done nothing but be innovative, overly kind, generous, and helpful to the TS3 community of "stealing their code," one has to wonder what they are trying to accomplish.

There are so many variables in this game that it is possible I have something in play that is preventing the unwanted relationship hits or you have something I don't that is encouraging them. Grasping at a straw here, but does the Above Reproach LTR help at all?

Found this discussion, a bit dated but still raises the same points we are discussing today.
https://www.modthesims.info/d/showthread.php?t=469229
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quite a few years back I had a save with 1 male and 3 females, he was married to all 3 females, the females were romantic interests with each other, their relationship meters were all fully green, the kids they created even seen the other females as "step mom".

I know I used Debug Enabler to set the relationships, gave them all the No Jealousy LTR and used MC and Woohooer for other areas, but I can't remember if I used anything else.

I do know that I had to turn off the Celebrity system, the active household didn't care that you are actually cheating on each other, but the rest of the world did and it could quickly crash your households relationships as a result.
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdash

Mine weren't even romantic and they still get a small LTR hit but that only happens in a group conversation. Otherwise they don't care and the reputation also stays fine. I have the woohooer remove romance on kiss option true so they never become romantic interests unless I specifically order it through an interaction (forgot the name of the interaction). I think the minor LTR hit is not because of jealousy but because Sims think it's inappropriate to flirt during a group conversation. The LTR hit is also very minor and is otherwise ignorable if not for the red visual effect that I dislike(really triggers me). Otherwise they don't accuse each other of cheating or anything and they do flirt and use other romance interactions autonomously despite not being romantic interests officially so I would say keeping your couple as Best friends status is probably the best way to go about polyamory.
The stone heart and No Jealousy don't work in my experience in patch 1.67. Above reproach you still get a bad reputation but the description for above reproach says it only makes it less likely to get a bad reputation so who knows if it is working or not.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 1:09 AM
Other than repeatedly trying to help players cope with the effects of what became outdated mods, it was more like what I would call some cringeworthy moments than bad memories. This was a bit before my time, but I mean when someone accuses other mod developers who have done nothing but be innovative, overly kind, generous, and helpful to the TS3 community of "stealing their code," one has to wonder what they are trying to accomplish.

There are so many variables in this game that it is possible I have something in play that is preventing the unwanted relationship hits or you have something I don't that is encouraging them. Grasping at a straw here, but does the Above Reproach LTR help at all?

Found this discussion, a bit dated but still raises the same points we are discussing today.
https://www.modthesims.info/d/showthread.php?t=469229

man, in game or real life, romance is complicated. For now I'll settle for monogamy lol
Thanks for your help igazor! :D