Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 12:40 AM
Default Separate Game Packs for Each New Occult Sim
I believe that each new life state will have its own game pack, giving them (EA) the opportunity to completely expand on each new kind of sim. They have already done this with the vampire life state, and it makes sense that they would continue to do this. What do you guys think? Do you think they should continue to dedicate an entire game pack for one creature? Or do you think that a supernatural should be included in each expansion from here on out? Honestly, I would prefer if witches/wizards could have their own expansion pack including multiple magical things, such as dragons, reagents used to cast spells, and a magic town, much like Makin' Magic for the Sims 1.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lukeduncan14
I believe that each new life state will have its own game pack, giving them (EA) the opportunity to completely expand on each new kind of sim. They have already done this with the vampire life state, and it makes sense that they would continue to do this. What do you guys think? Do you think they should continue to dedicate an entire game pack for one creature? Or do you think that a supernatural should be included in each expansion from here on out? Honestly, I would prefer if witches/wizards could have their own expansion pack including multiple magical things, such as dragons, reagents used to cast spells, and a magic town, much like Makin' Magic for the Sims 1.

I would prefer separate packs, myself - especially for witches, because they're the only life state I really care about. If they could be made on par with the Vampires pack or better, I would be thrilled. I really hate buying an expansion and having to find a way to mod out life states I don't want (I'm looking at you Get to Work because I prefer my aliens to stay in the X-Files).

My opinion is probably in the minority, but I would be seriously disappointed if witches were tacked on to some pack that has nothing to do with them and they end up being absolute crap. I'm not much on Vampires, and I only bought that pack on sale for the build mode items, but at least Maxis delivered pretty well on them for the players who'd been wanting them for a long time (recent patch bugs aside).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:23 PM
Originally, I was against the idea of each life state being split up into their own thing. But after seeing how well they handled vampires, I'm impatiently waiting for witches lol

That's been my favorite life state in every game. So if TS4 can give them as much depth as they gave vampires, that'd be great.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:55 PM
I couldn't care less if they make every occult in an own gamepack as long as EA is reworking ghost and aliens and give them the same love that vampires got with their gp
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
I couldn't care less if they make every occult in an own gamepack as long as EA is reworking ghost and aliens and give them the same love that vampires got with their gp

I could see them maybe revisiting ghosts if there was a relevant release along the lines of Supernatural for Sims 3, but aliens I strongly doubt since they are tied to Get to Work.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:38 PM

And I really have doubts on that, as much as I wish they would revisit those occults.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:38 PM
well I doubt it too but EA did the same with vampires in the sims 3, released them with late night and reworked them with supernatural
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:24 AM
well I doubt it too but EA did the same with vampires in the sims 3, released them with late night and reworked them with supernatural

Except these blood/plasma-sucking bad boys have a dope power/weakness system, which is a big deal: I have high doubts that the same thingy will have a chance to be carried over to the past life states.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:19 AM
It sounds ideal but it makes it hard for EA to bring each occult from 3 to 4. I would rather get only a witch-focused game-pack or maybe fairies but I don't see werewolves, mermaids, genies or zombies getting their own packs
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:07 PM
Seriously??? You guys want to dish out $20, $40, $60 bucks for each Occult type???!!!

So you would rather cater to the laziness of EA/Maxis buy spending more for each...rather than expecting them to do their damn job and flesh out and entire EP for all Occult types with options to turn them on and off, in one complete pack?!!! Why don't you just give them your personal checking account number....then every time they make a new chair they can just take the money out of your account directly.

I think demanding some higher expectations of this company this year would do them some good.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:21 PM
sure I would pay $20 for an Game Pack with only one Occult type, I did the same for Vampires and they are way better then TS3 and TS2 Vampires.
Sure they could put all Occults in a single EP but then they would be as lame as in the older games.
Those SP/EP/GP don't get released every week and if your not an lazy bum, then by the time an new SP/EP/GP will release you have the money to pay for it
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:15 PM
sure I would pay $20 for an Game Pack with only one Occult type, I did the same for Vampires and they are way better then TS3 and TS2 Vampires.
Sure they could put all Occults in a single EP but then they would be as lame as in the older games.
Those SP/EP/GP don't get released every week and if your not an lazy bum, then by the time an new SP/EP/GP will release you have the money to pay for it

For myself, I only want witches and if it weren't for the lack of Victorian build mode items, I'd have skipped the Vampires pack. I would rather have witches in a standalone pack than crammed in and watered down with other occults I'll never play with, but that's just me. Not to mention, I honestly don't trust Maxis to throw in an on/off switch like they did in Sims 3. People wanted one for the Vampires pack and did they get one? No. Same for Get to Work. It took mods to stop the alien abductions. I was thrilled they didn't bundle in Vampires with City Living like they did in Late Night. It worked out well all around, I think, because Vampires wouldn't have had nearly the same amount of features if they had been.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Seriously??? You guys want to dish out $20, $40, $60 bucks for each Occult type???!!!

So you would rather cater to the laziness of EA/Maxis buy spending more for each...rather than expecting them to do their damn job and flesh out and entire EP for all Occult types with options to turn them on and off, in one complete pack?!!! Why don't you just give them your personal checking account number....then every time they make a new chair they can just take the money out of your account directly.

I think demanding some higher expectations of this company this year would do them some good.

I think you are forgetting that people choose what they find valuable for their money. Vampires are by far the best of any occult made in any of the Sims series. That was only for 20 bucks which was the price of a STUFF pack in Sims 3. Sims 3 stuff packs were terrible and unnecessary. I also would like each occult to have a quality and fleshed out experience. Sims is my main hobby so I don't mind paying the money.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Originally, I was against the idea of each life state being split up into their own thing. But after seeing how well they handled vampires, I'm impatiently waiting for witches lol

That's been my favorite life state in every game. So if TS4 can give them as much depth as they gave vampires, that'd be great.

So far I am having a blast with the Sorceress mod, which is very well made. So the bar is set for me when it comes to pack for witches.

But honestly right now I just want vacation world gamepacks more than occult. Maybe a snowy one and a beachy one, with actual swim-able beach. Outdoor Retreat world is looking pretty lonely at the vacation world screen lol.
Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
I agree with having each occult be a stuff pack.
I loved playing different occults and I loved Supernatural but I can see them just throwing an occult in with an EP and having it be boring compared to what they did with the vampires. I loved the S4 vampires and how much they had to offer. Doing the same with Witches, werewolves, and maybe fairies would be ideal.
Bonus: Since there's a lack of an on/off button like in Sims 3, we can determine which occult we truly like. I know with Supernatural, people wanted one occult over the other (But they could be turned off). I don't play with aliens often so it's a bother that I can't just turn it off or had to option to buy them.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
I think you are forgetting that people choose what they find valuable for their money. Vampires are by far the best of any occult made in any of the Sims series. That was only for 20 bucks which was the price of a STUFF pack in Sims 3. Sims 3 stuff packs were terrible and unnecessary. I also would like each occult to have a quality and fleshed out experience. Sims is my main hobby so I don't mind paying the money.

I'm not forgetting anything... I've been playing this game since the very first Sims came out. And I also see when a greedy lazy company hands out the cool aide and tricks you into drinking it. You guys want to pay more for less...go ahead. But all that does is encourage an already Greedy Greedy Greedy EA/Maxis to keep raising it's prices and push out sub par content. If you don't challenge them to make a better quality gaming experience with an already established game like The Sims, then what you will get is little to no quality content, and the continued lack of communication from a company that couldn't care less about what players really want.

All they have done is dictate to the players How to play TS4... you don't control anything! And it wouldn't surprise me if they take this game online in a way where you have to pay a monthly fee to log in and play.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:50 AM
Honestly there is only a handful of occult’s that would fill out their own dedicated game pack, so I say no they shouldn’t limit occult’s to their own dedicated GP. Personally, I enjoyed the Vampire pack aside from the terrible and highly exhausting XP system and power points. I hope they do away with that. Let the player add the abilities they want, and don’t make them have to repeat the same small assortment of ‘gameplay’ to get a slightly different outcome.

Unless they start fitting occult’s in elsewhere, The Sims 4 will wind up with the smallest selection.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650

What was so unnecessary about Sims 3 stuff packs? $20 for a decent selection of stuff, as the name suggests. Now you get less stuff and a new animation for $10. Is that necessary? There’s more to The Sims than new animations, for ‘gameplay’. Quality really isn’t The Sims 4’s strongest attribute. They have made some of the lowest quality gameplay, content, and features for this game.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:43 AM
I want more supernatural sims in TS4. It sucks that we only have vampires. I don't mind them being GPs because honestly the GP team is way better than the EP team. EP Team for TS4 is crap and maybe that's just because they force them to have such broad focus that the gameplay features always end up being meh. Get together was really the only EP that I felt was worth it and I got that for pretty cheap on sale. My really only problem with GPs is that they don't come out often enough. They need to reduce SPs and increase GPs. GPs are reasonably priced and offer the best gameplay content which this game really lacks.

I would really love to see witches and werewolves. I don't care about the rest of the supernaturals as I think vampires, witches, and werewolves covers enough that I'd be happy. Fairies are cool, but even in TS3 I felt like they were really just witches with new window dressing. I just hope the werewolves will be able to take on different forms because that'd be cool and allow shapeshifters to be a thing too. Gives us a little more leeway. If they setup the witches with enough different types of powers you could sort of make a fairy from that. So to me the ones we need the most are witches and werewolves to complete the supernatural experience. I don't think we'd get much more than that. I really LOVE Forgotten Hollow though and wish it was a full world. It's so beautiful and perfect for my gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM

It's not like they'll actually do it. We'll probably get like 10 more useless SPs before they do another occult in any EP or GP.