Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Default Lighting mod recommendations?
What are your favorite lighting mods? I feel like I have to put a million lamps in each room to adequately light it!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:16 PM
FYI, different lamps have different range of it's light. Try different lamps, some are stronger than others.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
What are your favorite lighting mods? I feel like I have to put a million lamps in each room to adequately light it!

You need NoBlu and NoGlo by LumiaLoverSims. They will make a drastic improvement in your interior lighting!

I linked the old version of NoGlo, because the new one lights Sims up way too bright since the Cats and Dogs patch, in my opinion. But you can find it on his blog and try it if you want. I also use ReShade with the Height of Summer preset. ReShade is pretty performance heavy though, even this preset which uses one of the early versions of it, but I've been using it for almost three years now, and I love how it makes my game look with Lumia's interior lighting mods.

For CAS I use Lumia's CAS Overhaul v2, because I think vanilla CAS lighting is atrocious.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
You need NoBlu and NoGlo by LumiaLoverSims. They will make a drastic improvement in your interior lighting!

I linked the old version of NoGlo, because the new one lights Sims up way too bright since the Cats and Dogs patch, in my opinion. But you can find it on his blog and try it if you want. I also use ReShade with the Height of Summer preset. ReShade is pretty performance heavy though, even this preset which uses one of the early versions of it, but I've been using it for almost three years now, and I love how it makes my game look with Lumia's interior lighting mods.

For CAS I use Lumia's CAS Overhaul v2, because I think vanilla CAS lighting is atrocious.

YES on the "old version of NoGlo"!!!! I had the new version and I was constantly adjusting lighting to make things less bright. When I went to the Romance Festival, and all the lighting came on at night, I couldn't adjust the lighting, everyone's faces shon like they radiated the sun.. ridiculous. So I got rid of it and put in the old version. ONLY get the OLD version of NoGlo!!
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
YES on the "old version of NoGlo"!!!! I had the new version and I was constantly adjusting lighting to make things less bright. When I went to the Romance Festival, and all the lighting came on at night, I couldn't adjust the lighting, everyone's faces shon like they radiated the sun.. ridiculous. So I got rid of it and put in the old version. ONLY get the OLD version of NoGlo!!

I know! I switched when it came out and suddenly my Sims were looking radioactive! With Maxis busting SSAO with the Cats and Dogs patch and that messing up shadows, it also did something to lighting. So, I immediately went to the back old version.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
I used to use Lighting mods but not anymore, because already many of my rooms are extremely bright, that the sims and their faces literally get washed-out in whiteness, still looking for this light source, can happen at night, and this even happens in the daytime with a room with too many windows depending where the sun is facing.
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I used to use Lighting mods but not anymore, because already many of my rooms are extremely bright, that the sims and their faces literally get washed-out in whiteness, still looking for this light source, can happen at night, and this even happens in the daytime with a room with too many windows depending where the sun is facing.

That's really strange, because I have never seen that problem in my game. It's a light source you can't identify? Very odd.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:49 AM

Far too bright for me, but only in some corners, why I think a lighting mod would only make it much worse!
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

Far too bright for me, but only in some corners, why I think a lighting mod would only make it much worse!

I've actually seen that! I didn't make the connection before, but I do now - are you sure there's no buydebug lights near that Sim? I had that once on a community lot that I downloaded and it was from too many buydebug lights. Once I got rid of them and replaced them with regular lighting everything was fine.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:32 PM
It may also be a bug. I have a lot with a bathroom that's lit up like that, but doesn't have buydebug lights. I assume at some point I had them and then removed them from that bathroom, but for whatever reason the light stayed that way. Now it's just an odd extremely lit bathroom that I don't want to replace.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
That shot was taken in the middle of the daytime, I think it could be having too many windows, I got rid of it by turning down the Lighting to low, then everything looks too dark, as I deleted most of the lights in a attempt to get rid of it, at the moment I can't win either way.

Could be just an issue with some types of graphic cards.