Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 27th Sep 2016 at 12:42 AM.
Is anybody else still doing this? I came down with food poisoning IRL and used the time off to play quite a bit I'm currently in my fourth rotation, I believe, so a lot has happened:

Goth : Alexander became an adult and married Lilith Pleasant (one of my two "unusual pairings") they had twin daughters, Morgana and Delilah. Out of love for Lilith Alexander underwent treatment to cure his lycanthropy, however his time as werewolf fixed his eyesight and he doesn't need to wear glasses anymore. Alexander has just started the Adventurer career track, while Lilith is a Congresswoman (there's quite the age gap of course...) Right now Lilit just became pregnant again. I'm planning to move them into a bigger version of the Goth Manor before Lilith gives birth, of course I still have to build that one....

Pleasant/Oldie: Daniel and Mary-Sue retired from their jobs (Coach and Congresswoman) Daniel croaked and Mary-Sue went on holiday into the far east, in search for her lost cultural heritage from before her adoption by the Oldies. The search was a complete success she found inner peace and passed on in peace. Before they died, Mary-Sue's adopted brother Gerard Oldie moved in with them after Herb Oldie died of old age and Coral torched herself while trying to make Crepes Suzette. Gerard is a bad student but has a gift for music, which won him a scholarship. Currently he is still living in Mary-Sue's and Daniel's old house (Mary-Sue made arrangements in her will to allow that) until he leaves for college.

Angela and Dustin have two sons already: Dallas and Rex (again I'm trying for stereotypical hick names here) Angela is working towards becoming an Oceanographer (her bio mentioned that she wants to be the caption of a sailing boat, this seems to be the closest) while Dustin recently opened his own business.

Broke: Brandi recently became an Elder and is currently working as a sauce chef. Beau (still a teen) just started working as a Playground Monitor and started a relationship with a very pretty shop clerk named Michelle (my first townie wedding, there was literally no other way :-/) Buddy meanwhile made moves on Cassandra and Darren Dreamer's oldest son Kent. I hope they will be boyfriends soon :-) - Just for clarification, adopted children count towards the continuation of a family line, right?
Once Beau grows up the family will move out of the trailer and into a proper house.

Dreamer: Darren is aging, he did not take well to old age and fell into depression for a while, but he is alright now. Cassandra meanwhile wworks as an Inventor. Dirk grew up, became a ruthless lawyer and married Dina Caliente (my other unusual parring). Kent became a teen and is in love with Buddy Broke, the youngest son, Scott is a shy, sensitive boy with a gift for music.

Burb: John is a balding lawyer. Jennifer is also a lawyer, but she's not balding. Lucy is going steady with Gerard Oldie and preparing for college. Vanessa is shy and sweet, adopted son malcom is a trouble maker. Not much else here, I'm afraid. John has a huge garden, but I'm currently looking for a bigger house for the large family.

Caliente: Dina and Dirk became a power couple, she is speedily becoming a star architect, while he is on the rise in his law firm. Eventually I plan for them to buy one of the larger more luxurious houses, their first child is a daughter, Maria, but I plan at least one more child.

Lothario: Don and Nina are drowning in chaos and depths; Don lost his job, Nina's music career failed to take off. Their two sons, Ron and Michael, are pretty neglected, but Don still makes an effort to be a father to them (more so than Nina, who spends most of her time flirting with the many bachelors that live in their apartment building) Don would probably do the same, but there are just no single ladies around....

Langerak: After Daniel left her and returned to Mary-Sue Kaylynn moved with her daughers (Rose ad Melissa-May) to the city and became a police woman, she is currently member of the vice squad. Perhaps I'll find Kaylynn a nice townie later on, but for now she is completely happy as a mother and a policewoman.

I have to say this is really fun, I'm already planning the merriages for newborn babies in order to get as many bloodlines connected as possible

Current Score: 95 (100 from marriages between the Last Names, 20 from natural death -25 from Coral's unnatural death)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 4:09 AM
I am still doing this but I am in a slump again and will not be able to play for a few more days.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 12:57 PM
I'm still doing this, too, but I didn't have time to play all week (and probably won't have time next week, too). In the mean time have some pictures of the Broke's first week (played a while ago but not posted yet).
Theorist
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:31 PM
@Quietscheente

Cool, how did you get her to be blonde? Usually even with Skip's genes restored to the baby Brandi's black hair would win out. Did you give Brandi recessive genes in SimPE?

Genes and phenotypes are another interesting aspect of this challenge; assuming as few townie merriages as possible I'm curious to see if any gene will have "died out" by the end of the challange, right now there's no Sim in my Pleasantview with bright blue eyes and the only ones with grey eyes are Brandi and her third son, both of which won't have any (more) biological children (since the son is gay in my game) So unless one of y Sims marries a townie with bright blue or grey eyes those two colours are gone from my neighbourhood haha.

Anybody ever notice that there are positively hordes of green eyes Sims in Pleasantview? Even more so since Kaylynn Langerak is included.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:36 AM
Such a funny post! haha. Poor John. Lucy is jealous of her sister? haha.

Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
Pictures of the Burb's first week under the spoiler
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:41 AM
I am doing this but I'm so slow going. I can spend a whole night having a conversation between two sims. I'm a lil crazy like that. I rp it out in my head and love the drama. It's like a soap opera that I control. haha.

Wow, I'm impressed with how quickly you two are progressing. Love the stories and the new dramas unfolding. haha, Mortimer trying to seduce Coral. funny.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:53 AM
Just for clarification, adopted children count towards the continuation of a family line, right?

I would say so, but in a way it feels less legit and much less risk of losing a last name if at anytime you can adopt a child in if you made a mistake.

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Is anybody else still doing this? I came down with food poisoning IRL and used the time off to play quite a bit I'm currently in my fourth rotation, I believe, so a lot has happened:

Goth : Alexander became an adult and married Lilith Pleasant (one of my two "unusual pairings") they had twin daughters, Morgana and Delilah. Out of love for Lilith Alexander underwent treatment to cure his lycanthropy, however his time as werewolf fixed his eyesight and he doesn't need to wear glasses anymore. Alexander has just started the Adventurer career track, while Lilith is a Congresswoman (there's quite the age gap of course...) Right now Lilit just became pregnant again. I'm planning to move them into a bigger version of the Goth Manor before Lilith gives birth, of course I still have to build that one....

Pleasant/Oldie: Daniel and Mary-Sue retired from their jobs (Coach and Congresswoman) Daniel croaked and Mary-Sue went on holiday into the far east, in search for her lost cultural heritage from before her adoption by the Oldies. The search was a complete success she found inner peace and passed on in peace. Before they died, Mary-Sue's adopted brother Gerard Oldie moved in with them after Herb Oldie died of old age and Coral torched herself while trying to make Crepes Suzette. Gerard is a bad student but has a gift for music, which won him a scholarship. Currently he is still living in Mary-Sue's and Daniel's old house (Mary-Sue made arrangements in her will to allow that) until he leaves for college.

Angela and Dustin have two sons already: Dallas and Rex (again I'm trying for stereotypical hick names here) Angela is working towards becoming an Oceanographer (her bio mentioned that she wants to be the caption of a sailing boat, this seems to be the closest) while Dustin recently opened his own business.

Broke: Brandi recently became an Elder and is currently working as a sauce chef. Beau (still a teen) just started working as a Playground Monitor and started a relationship with a very pretty shop clerk named Michelle (my first townie wedding, there was literally no other way :-/) Buddy meanwhile made moves on Cassandra and Darren Dreamer's oldest son Kent. I hope they will be boyfriends soon :-) - Just for clarification, adopted children count towards the continuation of a family line, right?
Once Beau grows up the family will move out of the trailer and into a proper house.

Dreamer: Darren is aging, he did not take well to old age and fell into depression for a while, but he is alright now. Cassandra meanwhile wworks as an Inventor. Dirk grew up, became a ruthless lawyer and married Dina Caliente (my other unusual parring). Kent became a teen and is in love with Buddy Broke, the youngest son, Scott is a shy, sensitive boy with a gift for music.

Burb: John is a balding lawyer. Jennifer is also a lawyer, but she's not balding. Lucy is going steady with Gerard Oldie and preparing for college. Vanessa is shy and sweet, adopted son malcom is a trouble maker. Not much else here, I'm afraid. John has a huge garden, but I'm currently looking for a bigger house for the large family.

Caliente: Dina and Dirk became a power couple, she is speedily becoming a star architect, while he is on the rise in his law firm. Eventually I plan for them to buy one of the larger more luxurious houses, their first child is a daughter, Maria, but I plan at least one more child.

Lothario: Don and Nina are drowning in chaos and depths; Don lost his job, Nina's music career failed to take off. Their two sons, Ron and Michael, are pretty neglected, but Don still makes an effort to be a father to them (more so than Nina, who spends most of her time flirting with the many bachelors that live in their apartment building) Don would probably do the same, but there are just no single ladies around....

Langerak: After Daniel left her and returned to Mary-Sue Kaylynn moved with her daughers (Rose ad Melissa-May) to the city and became a police woman, she is currently member of the vice squad. Perhaps I'll find Kaylynn a nice townie later on, but for now she is completely happy as a mother and a policewoman.

I have to say this is really fun, I'm already planning the merriages for newborn babies in order to get as many bloodlines connected as possible

Current Score: 95 (100 from marriages between the Last Names, 20 from natural death -25 from Coral's unnatural death)
Theorist
#33 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Satrina
I am doing this but I'm so slow going. I can spend a whole night having a conversation between two sims. I'm a lil crazy like that. I rp it out in my head and love the drama. It's like a soap opera that I control. haha.

That's understandable I sometimes get very involved into some aspects of my Sims game as well. This might demonstrate it:

Since Pleasantview was getting kinda full and downtown isn't that nice a place to live I added a custom commercial district called "Kingston" and slapped down a few public lots from the lotbin onto "Main Street" and among them was the Sky Arc Spire from BV. So why was there a Far Eastern Monument in an otherwise Western city? Well I decided that in the 1800s Kingston was actually a thriving community of immigrants from the Far East. Then in the 1940s, when Aliens first started appearing there was an usual large number of UFO sightings in Kingston and the military seized that land to conduct research. Receiving no compensation The "Kingston Sims" became a marginalized group within Sim City. Mary-Sue was actually a descendant of Kingston Sims and worked her whole career to have the area returned to public settlement. Lilith finally succeeded in doing so and even helped creating a program that would help descendants of Kingston Sims to return to the area. However since most of them have left Sim City since then the only one so far who has taken advantage of it was Lilith's own sister, Angela who moved there with Dustin who opened an electronics store there. But at least the Sky Arc Spire (the last surviving building of the original settlement) has been restored and has been returned to the public.

Anyway haha on to my latest rotations:

Goth: built the new Goth manor, based on the one form Sims 3. Alexander and Lilith had a third daughter, Elvira. So now they have three daughters; Delilah (who I have decided will be Aro/Ace when she grows up, so no kids from her) Morgana and Elvira. I just love giving the Goths weird names haha. I can already see the "Goth Sisters" becoming positively infamous when they grow up.

Pleasant: As I said Angela and Dustin moved to Kingston and opened an electronics store. After initial problems I'm surprised how easy it is to earn money with businesses... It's just a lot of work and I might retire them to a nice little beach house soon. Dallas and Rex unfortunately turned out to be clones of each other (stupid First Child bug...grr...) but I suppose even in real life siblings can look very similar to each other.

Oldie: Gerard is currently studying in college, his LTW is to become a Rock God and I want to fulfill it. He has become engaged to Lucy Burb. as the only two (non-related) brown haired Sims in the neighbourhood they are destined to have a lot of children, just to safe brown hair from extinction

Dreamer: Darren is dead. Cassandra adopted two cats (Severus and Snow) and has been talking to Don an awful lot recently...until something happened (see Lothario below) Kent and Scott are teens and almost complete opposites of each other; Kent is outgoing, brash and materialistic, Scott is shy, sensitive and nerdy.

Caliente Dina and Dirk moved into a house and had a second daughter, Catalina. I really regret not pairing them up in any previous play through since I took a peak at how their daughters are gonna look as teenagers (by exporting their appearance in SimPE and looking at them in photo shop) and both of them are probably the most beautiful Sims I've ever had in my game. Which is odd since I consider Dina quite unattractive.

Burb: I moved the family to the farm house that came with Seasons and John (who is going to age up soon) now has a gigantic garden with lots of apple trees. I actually wanted a cherry orchard as a reference to the Anton Chekov play but sadly there are no harvest-able cherry trees in the game... Jennifer, frustrated that John is touching the garden more than her has been flirting around with her co-worker...Dirk Caliente... (will Dina find out what it feels like to be cheated on first hand? tune in next time to: These are the Sims of our Lives) Dirk seems to have it in for MILFs, btw he also has a strong attraction to Cassandra, his own stepmother haha.
Lucy is at Uni discovering herself, Vanessa is going steady with Scott Dreamer, Malcolm is still a kid and as it turns out I won't be able to marry him to one of Kaylynn's daughters, since they are his cousins...d'oh!

Broke: Beau just aged up and married Michelle, they moved out into a little house and Michelle is currently pregnant. Brandie is a Executive chef and recently adopted a puppy. Buddy is now going steady with Kent Dreamer.

Lothario: Don and Nina got taken by aliens and never came back (not really I had them abducted and then shuffled them into the family bin, they are however considered "abducted" like Bella for the purposes of the storyline) thankfully Ron was already a teenager, he now lives with his brother Michael in a very small, very sparsely furnished hovel.

Langerak: Kaylynn is now a Lieutenant, Rose and Melissa-May are teens Rose is watching Ron (who moved in next door) with interest, while Melissa-May is too shy for romance but has aspirations to move to Kingston (which is located at the shore) and become a Marine biologist.

The next generation is gonna get hard, slowly everybody seems to be closely related to one another...
Scholar
#34 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:41 PM
I think I'll start this with my Pleasantview story hood and scrap the story (it wasn't going that good) Gen 2 already exists.. and he's the illigeitimate child of Don Lothario and a CAS sim. I'll just modifiy it so my CAS sims are counted as another premade family... Heh.
Theorist
#35 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 19th Oct 2016 at 11:16 PM.
So didn't have as much time so the update took a while haha.

Goth: Lilith is now Mayor of Sim City. Yay! The girls are now all children and I added a pool and party deck to the manor for Lilith's suarez and campaign parties. In the extended Goth villa the three girls share a bedroom, but have a large, adjacent nursery/playroom. I also got the girls into Private School. Delilah is surprisingly social for having only one point in Outgoing.

Pleasant : So Angela and Dustin were able to retire to a nice beach house (I didn't really enjoy playing a home business) I changed Dustin's aspiration to family and now he basically became a complete beach bum, rolling wants about swimming, sun bathing and builsing sandcastles every single day. Angela is still working in the Oceanography career. They also got a third kid; a girl named Deborah. It's weird the two boys are blonde like Dustin, but the girl has Angela's red hair.

Oldie : I'm sorry but I'm using hacks to shorten Uni, it's just too. damn. long. So Gerard graduated, married Lucy Burb and they got a little house in downtown. Their first child was a boy named Samuel (I plan to marry him to one of the Goth sisters, probably Elvira) And Lucy is pregnant with the second kid. Her LTW is to marry off six children. Should I dare to attempt it? That would be more kids than I ever had in a single family...

Dreamer: basically waiting until Kent grows up so I can marry him to Buddy Broke. Scott's a teen and I have paired him off with Vanessa Burb. Cassandra's an Elder by now.

Caliente Dina's an elder, I hope she'll live long enough to see her daughters grown. Dirk has reached the top of the Law career (!) that's the fastest I've ever fulfilled a LTW... The older of the girls, Maria became a teenager, she's flirting with Dallas Pleasant (I'm planning to marry the Caliente Sisters 2.0 to the Pleasant Brothers)

Burb: Dirk saw Jennifer making out with her husband and he's feeling so betrayed that he simply has to come to the Burb's farm several times a day and kick over their garbage can >_> John and Jennifer are aging, and it looks like Jennifer is going to die sooner than John...which is curious they both aged up in Gold Aspiration. Vanessa is soon off to college. I'm currently trying to find a nice townie girl for Malcolm. Also it turns out Malcolm's so ugly that his face could stop a clock. Probably not going to give him that many childrens.

Broke So last time I married Beau to Michelle, one of the shop clerk NPCs. She is a black woman with brown hair. So what does their son, Andrew, look like? Pale as paper, blond and blue eyed... Well I dunno what's going on here but I think the game is trying to prevent me from introducing diversity into my neighbourhood. Anyway Beau is a teacher, Michelle is working in the Supernatural career trakc as a tarot card reader, they are doing well, I might be able to move them into a bigger house soon.
Brandie meanwhile croaked (she aged up badly) Buddy graduated from college and is now working as an aspiring actor. The dog was sadly taken by animal rescue while he was at college. Really didn't expect Brandie to die so quickly...

Langerak/Lothario: So Kaylynn, now Police Chief realized that there were two orphaned boys living next door and took them into her home. Thankfully she was able to afford a new house in Pleasantview. Her daughters are teenagers, and so are the two Lothario boys, so naturally there is quite a bit of...lovering as Louisa May Alcott would say. What do you call a love triangle with four parties involved? A love square? Doesn't sound right... Can't wait till somebody just happens to stumble upon somebody else...hehe.... The weirdest part is that Kaylynn is 100% fine with the whole situation...

I'm still enjoying this but I'm getting worried that it's just gonna become a matchmaking simulator after a while, any ideas to keeping the whole thing fresh? Drama is fun, but divorces spawn even more households than I already have and since Townie marriages are dis-encouraged and I don't really enjoy playing single households....
Instructor
#36 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I'm still enjoying this but I'm getting worried that it's just gonna become a matchmaking simulator after a while, any ideas to keeping the whole thing fresh? Drama is fun, but divorces spawn even more households than I already have and since Townie marriages are dis-encouraged and I don't really enjoy playing single households....

Don't focus on the matchmaking, just play like you normally play and only try to do some matchmaking when they become teens/adults. Well, that made my small 'hood playable.

For drama, for example, let a Sim have a child born out of wedlock and make the other parent discover it (there's a mod for that), the parents can divorce and keep living together (with fights in front of their children the hug they give their children when they cry because of the fights is adorable) because of lack of money, or there isn't any free house left in Pleasantview, or whatever suits the situation. Make children and parents enemies (let the children sell them spoiled drinks from that OFB drinking stall, they will immediately run to the toilet to puke ), let the families of Angela and Lilith become enemies (if you kept the fighting between them alive). Etc. With a little imagination in the game there's still endless possibilities. Have fun .
Theorist
#37 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Don't focus on the matchmaking, just play like you normally play and only try to do some matchmaking when they become teens/adults. Well, that made my small 'hood playable.

For drama, for example, let a Sim have a child born out of wedlock and make the other parent discover it (there's a mod for that)

oooh there is one? The reason I don't do out of wedlock children is because nobody reacts to it, do you know what it is called or where to look for it?
Scholar
#38 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 1:52 PM
Okay, not doing the challenge, but I'M INTERESTED IN THAT CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK MOD.
LAY IT ON ME
Theorist
#39 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Okay, not doing the challenge, but I'M INTERESTED IN THAT CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK MOD.
LAY IT ON ME

Found it:

http://modthesims.info/t/529253
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 1:07 PM
I'm away from my siming PC for the week but since I've already completed week 2 and only posted about half of week 1 I thought I'd do a recap (without pictures because these are also on my other PC) of everything else that happened in these 2 weeks to catch up.

Caliente week 1: Nina got a job in the Slacker Career. She went on several dates with Don Lothario and ended up pregnant after one of those. Unfortunately she had a miscarriage. She recovered and continued dating Don as well as Daniel Pleasant. Dina was...there. Nothing really happened for her this week because right now my focus is is mostly on pairing Sims up and producing babies and she just doesn't have very good chemistry with anyone she met so far.

Lothario week 1: Don and Cassandra got married. Cassandra moved in with him. They went on a honeymoon in Three Lakes. Also lots of dates and woohoo but Cassandra isn't pregnant yet.

Goth week 1: I think I've mentioned before that I use Tarlia's cleaned Pleasantview, so Bella Goth is still around (though initially as a Townie). I moved her in and set her and Mortimer as married again. I kind of wanted them to have another baby just to see what their genetics would actually look like when mixed together but no luck so far despite much woohoo. Alexander grew up to Teen (Knowledge aspiration) and made it a habit of his to get abducted by aliens every freaking night (just stargazing, not searching for UFOs or summoning aliens). Since I have InTeen I was secretly hoping for an Alien Baby but that also didn't happen. So no new babies for the Goths this round.

Dreamer week 1: When I opened their lot for the first time Darren was immidiately like "screw EAxis starving-artist-plot" by filling all of his want slots with wants for four different jobs. He finally found a job in his LTW-career (Gaming) at the end of the week. Dirk didn't roll a want to have a job but I made him get one anyway because he always had the want to "earn money". He soon reached the top of the Teen-Athletics-Career. Not much else happened.

Langerak week 1: Technically Kaylynn didn't have a "week 1" because at that point I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with her and I hadn't made her a playable yet.

Oldie week 2: Benjamin grew up to Adult (Family, LTW to reach Golden Anniversary). Originally I was thinking about pairing him up with either Brandi Broke or Dina Caliente but then I got curious what his chemistry with Kaylynn would be so I let his parents hire her. Turned out they are natural triple-bolters which sealed the deal for me. I can never resist triple bolts. Herb died shortly after Benjamin grew up which hit Coral pretty hard. Fortunately she was in platinum aspiration when it happened so even after a -5000 points aspiration hit she was still in (low) green. Benjamin started dating Kaylynn and they were in love and engaged in no time. So she moved in with them and they had a wedding party with their (or rather his) whole family on Sunday: Angela and Lilith would try to beat each other up all the time, Daniel got mad because he caught Kaylynn "cheating" with Benjamin, and Mary-Sue left before the wedding ceremony even started because of pregnancy induced motive failure. I have no idea why this party scored as a "roof raiser" but it did. Benjamin took on Kaylynn's last name which means that I'm without an heir to the Oldie name again. I guess I'll have to have Coral spawn another Plant Baby next time.

Pleasant week 2: Mary-Sue and Lilith managed to become enemies while I was playing another lot. Baby Raphael was born who has Mary-Sue's black hair and Daniel's green eyes. He gets along well with Mary-Sue, Daniel and Lilith but Angela can't stand him. Guess that answers the question who's the culprit in the twin's on going quarrel. Raphael grew up to Toddler and learned a toddler skill each from Lilith (Walking), Daniel (Talking) and Mary-Sue (Potty-Training). The twins left for college. Also Daniel's constant wants for dates and woohoo resulted in Mary-Sue being pregnant once again (not visible yet).

Burb week 2: Lana grew up to child. Lucy had her first kiss, fell in love, went steady and had her very first woohoo with Alexander Goth. John got a job (law enforcement) and both him and Jennifer (Military) got some promotions. Lucy and Lana got into private school. Jennifer opened a hair saloon on their home lot, without much success so far (I think it's level 1). The Burbs don't know it yet but there will be a new baby next rotation.

Broke week 2: Mia grew up to child. The Gypsy came by and dropped off a Genie Lamp which Brandi used to resurrect her dead husband. He has green eyes btw so I have no idea where their children all got their dark blue eyes from. They quickly fell in love again but while Brandi immediately rolled the want to get remarried Skip still has some commitment issues. Beau grew up to Teenager (Popularity). The trailer was quite crowded with 5 Sims living in it but thankfully Dustin moved out to college at the end of the week. There's already another baby on the way though so things won't improve for long. Especially since Skip and Brandi both fear having another baby right now.

Caliente week 2: Nina continued to date both Don and Daniel. One of these dates resulted in another pregnancy for her. If all goes well this time the baby (whose father is Dabiel Pleasant btw) will be born next rotation. Dina wanted to get a job and since the "revive dead husband"-plot seems to go well for Brandi she's started working in the Paranormal Career. Right now she's one promotion and about 3000ยง short of being reunited with Michael.

Lothario week 2:: Don was a surprisingly good husband, content with just dating and kissing and woohoo-ing his wife (at least once I took care of his locked want to woohoo Dina Caliente). Soon Cassandra was pregnant and they moved to a bigger house which turned out to be a good move on my part when Cassandra gave birth to twins. Two girls, Aurelia and Amelia, both with skintone 3, black hair and brown eyes (which was to be expected considering their parents' genetics). As soon as they aged to Toddlers Cassandra rolled the want to have another baby while Don rolled the corresponding fear. Well Don, if you don't want any more babies maybe you shouldn't woohoo with your wife any chance you get? Cassandra was pregnant again in no time.

Goth week 2: Bella and Mortimer woohoo'd frequently but no pregnancy. Bella is now to old to have kids (yeah, I've bent the "no-aging-cheats"-rule for her because it just doesn't make any sense that she's younger than her own daughter. So I set her at least as halfway through the adult life span when I moved her in). She will age up on the first day of the next rotation. Alexander maxed out his logic skill and isn't as obsessed with aliens as before. Only one abduction this time (still no pregnancy). Mortimer died at the last day of the rotation. He left money to his son and his wife but not to his daughter or granddaughters. Bella's wants after his death were "resurrect Mortimer" immediately followed by "ask Sim for date". Yes, Bella, I can see you're clearly heartbroken

Dreamer week 2: Business as usual. Some promotions and some stargazing on Darren's part (one day I will have an Alien baby in Pleasantview) but no abduction. Dirk left for college.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:00 PM
I wish I could play but I am in a dry spell and still have not been able to get out of it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#42 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 6:57 PM
Okay, another rotation done!

Goth: The suggestion to have Lilith's and Angela's offspring continue their rivals is not possible anymore; the Goth sisters love their cousins and every other day they either have Dallas and Rex over at the Goth manor or visit them in their beach house. They all four have 90/90 or 100/100 with one another. At the end of this round Delilah and Morgana became teenagers. Morgana turned out to be extremely beautiful, Delilah has inherited most of Alexander's very sharp features. I added a sewing machine to the nursery (for Morgana, I envision her as an aspiring fashionista who will make all of her clothes herself eventually) while Delilah shows interest in the laboratory in the attic. Elvira is still a kid and the cutest thing; I added the Chinese tea set to the winter garden (mainly to give the room a purpose) and each day after school she rolls a want to serve and have tea, so each day after she comes home from school all three Goth girls (and/or whichever of their cousins happen to be around) end up drinking tea in the winter garden ^-^ Lilith is still mayor and I actually tried to have her and Angela become friends....but they are just too different... Alexander continues to chase his dream of becoming a Space Pirate.

Oldie: Gerard is climbing the Music career ladder ridiculously fast! They had to move to a larger house, because after Lucy gave birth to their second child (a girl named Diane) she got pregnant again immediately, the third one is a boy named Leon. But since she has the LTW to marry off six children I made her pregnant yet again. Good thing Gerard is soon going to be a Rock God, I don't know how they'd be able to afford all those children otherwise.
On that note, I don't know how I'm going to marry off all those children...haha

Dreamer: Not much happening here in the main branch, Cassandra is aging, Scott is aging and the cats constantly fight each other. In the side branch, however Kent has finally married Buddy Broke (now Buddy Dreamer obviously) Buddy is working in show business, Kent got a job in culinary. They were able to afford a nice house with a spare room for when they will eventually adopt. Now there is only one, slight problem; they hired a good looking, male housekeeper and Buddy rolls wants to flirt with him... dun dun dun!

Caliente: Dina is fastly approaching death... I don't get why she seems to have so few days as an elder, she was in Green as she aged up... Both Maria and Catalina are teenagers and are already going steady with the Pleasant brothers. The sisters are quite different from one another; Maria prefers to keep with her friends, while Maria is more content to spend time with her parents (or Rex) and very interested in sports.

Burb: Found a townie girl for Malcolm, it's the downtownie with the pigtails so I was actually planning on making Malcolm a troublesome punk but well it turns out his LTW is to become a General, so I devised a story where I first got him in trouble and then pretended that John and Jennifer sent him to military school to straighten him out. Still working on the getting in trouble part, so far he has snuck out two times and hasn't been caught yet. Jennifer was fired from her job and since she's an elder I can't get her a proper career again, she's not happy about that, not happy at all. John actually wants to retire, but now that Jennifer is without employment, that won't be possible. Vanessa is at Uni and majoring in politics (she wants to become the head of SCIA)

Broke I got to move Beau and Michelle into a bigger house, the reason being that the Gypsy Matchmaker dropped off the Genie Lamp and I had Beau wish for wealth. Their son, Andrew is now a child and...it's like he didn't get any genes from his mother at all, he's the spitting image of Beau as a kid... Michelle now has access to the Resurrection Career Reward... I'm itching to come up with a storyline that would involve her creating Zombies...but she's just too nice a person to create her own Zombie Slaves...maybe I'll keep the thing around in a dusty closet and hope that Andrew's children will be evil incarnate. Beau is a Highschool Principal.

Langerak/Lothario: So far nobody in the love dodecahedron has caught anybody cheating, but it's only a matter of time... Kaylynn is a bit too old by now to make her a Captain Hero, maybe the next generation will be able to fulfill that ambition.
Theorist
#43 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 10:28 PM
Hey, sorry about my double Post.

So my neighbourhood was corrupted (my own fault for not using clean templates and that darn remote control car)

Had to restart only this time I'm using Bluewater Village as well and will try to keep those last names for the 10 gens as well.

Don't have as much time to play because IRL got busy again (yay! Actually really yay, was awful not being busy)

So far I have moved Bella back into the Goth House, married Cassandra to Malcolm Landgraab (!) and had Brandi Broke and Darren Dreamer start a relationship (can't wait to play that house full of kids when they marry haha)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 9:46 AM
Quick question: Would moving a Sim to college but not playing them until some others are old enough to join them be considered an "age cheat"?
I have to send Beau Broke to college in my next rotation or else he will be too old to go. But all the other teens have at least another week left so I'm not comfortable sending them yet. And I don't feel like playing college with just one Sim...
Scholar
#45 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:53 PM
I started this and have around half the families through the first week. Couple new babies - Oldies, Pleasant. Will be back with a real run-down when I figure out all the scribbling in my notebook.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 5:49 AM
@Deatherella - glad you joined in on the challenge.

@Quietscheente - Yes, I see Angela, Lilith, Dirk and Beau going to college at the same time. Then perhaps Alexander, Beau & Lucy going at the same time. It's up to you. However, Dustin & Beau do happen to be brothers and there is a evident age gap.

@Orphalesion - oooh I like the idea of Cassandra landing a rich husband. With both their wealth combined they will be the richest couple ever! But didn't Malcolm marry a woman with pigtails? Divorced?
Theorist
#48 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 5:59 PM
@PlatinumPlumbbob .. I believe the challenge is meant for playin Pleasantview with the families as they come shipped.

You say you don't want to create more CAS families to do ancestors. You don't need to. Just download Marka's Beginning Pleasantview. It has all the ancestors created for you. It's JUST the ancestors and none of the families that come shipped as it's a new user created hood. You do not even get the townies as he said he used clean templates to make his hoods.
Theorist
#50 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I assume that the Sims of Marka's neighborhood are in the Family Bin, correct?

Anyway, I am just going to use the default Pleasantview and start off with the Goth family with Mortimer, Cassandra, and Alexander.

Correct. You'd need to provide housin for them as there are none in the neighborhood.

.. can't wait to see your pics of what you come up with.

Some day, when I finish gettin organized (and buildin houses for everyone), I'm gonna do the beginnin PV.
Page 2 of 7