Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:25 AM
Yes DiAnkhiar, see this render by me: http://i.imgur.com/g3hx3BU.png
This is some creations by me.

Thanks Lumia!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:59 PM
Thank you very much CmarNYC work!
You are great!
But there is a problem with this tool it, when I amend the grid, after transformation by S4GEOM tools produce collapse phenomenon.
I guess it is because it is a grid of vertices and polygons cuts and increase caused by mistake?
Ps: I'm sorry, my English is very poor, with the help of the Google browser.I wonder if you can see what I mean, you know Google translation sometimes is a little bit.......T_T
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool, Cmar
I successfully created my first ts4 mesh - it is an edit of the flared pants for females. I just reduced the flare a little. They are compatible with all shoes, except for the snowboots - they are just too big
I was surprised to see so many geoms - each LOD is split up into 4 separate mesh groups, probably to accomodate for different boot heights. I wondered how that tucked-in system worked, and it seems like the bottom part of the mesh is simply replaced by the boot mesh to create the tucked-in effect.
That makes editing pants quite a bit of work - a lot of importing/exporting and converting to do so far, I only edited the highest LOD - it is for testing purposes after all.
Pretty Pictures
There's no possibility to edit the normalmap yet, is there? That's the only thing that bothers me with my creation - the original normalmap shines through, it's noticeable on the backpockets.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#29 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlicious
There's no possibility to edit the normalmap yet, is there? That's the only thing that bothers me with my creation - the original normalmap shines through, it's noticeable on the backpockets.

No, we can't edit normal or specular maps yet.

I've been keeping a close eye on it, because it's very important for the kinds of high-detail, complex texture costumes I like to make. Hopefully ... soon?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:36 PM
Mesh Cloner uploaded: includes a CASP cloning tool, a tool to export/import/convert meshes directly from a package, and the original GEOM conversion tool.

This seems a bit redundant with CAS Cloner but I had already done a lot of the work when that was published, plus Mesh Cloner approaches things more from the viewpoint of mesh modders. I finished it in order to have my own tool to make experimentation with the mesh structure easier, and maybe it'll be helpful to others when used with Color Magic.

With many thanks to Kuree, Granthes, and everyone who worked on and contributed to s4pe, CAS Cloner, and Color Magic; this would have gone a lot slower without your tools and examples. Also thanks to SimGuruModSquad via Granthes for the numbering guidelines that got this working more or less reliably.

Unzip into an empty folder and run the .exe file.

@luluke0325: I think I understand what you're saying although a picture would make it much clearer. Maybe you didn't follow the instructions correctly. Try again with the new version.

@Simlicious: I'm glad you were able to do a working modified mesh with it! I also have run into the need to edit the normal map, but that'll have to wait for further tool development.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#31 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Big thanks, Cmar! Thanks to your tool, I was able to create Batman!

He still needs a lot of work (for example, he still has human ears on the side of his mask!), but the basics are now in place thanks to you and all the other tool creators. Thanks!
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Dear CamrNYC, is still the problem, I can't convert I make your own grid to Sims4, very sad...As long as the mesh vertices and polygons and shape change, increase or decrease it didn't can convert...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:35 AM
@MaclimesZero: Awesome!!!

Quote: Originally posted by luluke0325
Dear CamrNYC, is still the problem, I can't convert I make your own grid to Sims4, very sad...As long as the mesh vertices and polygons and shape change, increase or decrease it didn't can convert...

I'm not sure what you're saying. If you're trying to add or remove vertices, it will not work. All you can do is move vertices.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:25 PM
I don't understand. If I have a package file for the sims3, i will converti this package into a sims4 package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Chat Noir
I don't understand. If I have a package file for the sims3, i will converti this package into a sims4 package?

Sorry, no. You can convert a mesh to Sims3 format and convert it back, but you can't convert anything made for Sims 3 to Sims 4.

Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:40 AM
I got an error when converting back to S4 GEOM. and I followed lumialover8's tutorial so I'm not sure what went wrong. Any help guys?

http://puu.sh/boG09/d535f328dd.png

http://puu.sh/boGpQ/100b2cd402.txt
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:59 AM
It says the number of vertices doesn't match. You must have added or removed vertices.

This toll has been replaced by S4 Mesh Tools - please use that instead.

Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It says the number of vertices doesn't match. You must have added or removed vertices.

This toll has been replaced by S4 Mesh Tools - please use that instead.

ooooh I see. Thank you Cmar
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:35 AM
I am trying to clone skin details or any makeup using the mesh cloner, but it seems that I keep getting an error that says: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...
Is there anyway I can get around this? I really want to make some non-default replacement makeup.

Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohaimai
I am trying to clone skin details or any makeup using the mesh cloner, but it seems that I keep getting an error that says: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...
Is there anyway I can get around this? I really want to make some non-default replacement makeup.

Thanks!

This outdated version doesn't clone non-mesh items. If you're using the newer CAS/Mesh Tools, please post in that thread to avoid confusion.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#41 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:16 PM
.This thread is closed please go to TS4 CAS Tools

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: new thread
Page 2 of 2