Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:48 AM
Default Is it possible for sims to be different heights?
I know there is the code stretchskeleton (number) but it makes them look kind of demented. Is it possible for people to make a cheat/hack or mesh to be from 5ft-7ft? If it is I'd like to request it. Or if you know any place where I can find one.

Thanks Alot <33

<3 Nicoleeee
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:52 AM
as far as i know, a hack like that hasn't been created. i'm pretty sure it would only be able to achieve the same effect as the 'stretchskeleton' cheat though.... sorry!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:50 PM
So far, only the stretch skeleton cheat works, and that stops working after the sim changes clothes. The problem is that certain animations wouldn't work without major modding of the game itself, so you'll just have to sit tight and wait for Maxis to decide if it's worth doing.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:54 PM
Yes, it is possible. Using SimPE. There are instructions around here someplace. Try the Archives. But, yes, it makes them look a bit....well disjointed? But I love them like that
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:54 PM
Well, stretchskeleton only works for moments, after you exit the game the sims' height will be back to the original one. Use SimPE to change each sims' height permanently... goodluck...
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 11:18 PM
Oh, goodness. Yeah, the SimPE change works, but it's just. . .so. . .wrong looking!

Then again, I have played entire families whose sizes and ages were altered, just to get the kids to laugh hysterically.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 11:44 PM
just change the number of skeleton very little... for exam: if you wanna make an adult sim looks taller, change the numbers from 1 to 1.01, 1.02 or 1.03, if you want them look shorter change it to 0.99, 0.98 or 0.97 and so on... So far i only use a range from 0.92 (the shortest) to 1.05 (the tallest) to make the them realistic. Change the number to much (like 1.1 or 0.9) will make them looks funny and not realistic.

Heddot
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:38 AM
if you modify the character data in SimPE the stretchskeleton saves. Short people, tall people all over town.

And the 'wrong' look is way funny.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 10:25 PM
How do you use the StretchSkeleton cheat? Can you just change the sims height in gameplay or do you have to change the numbers in SimPE like Heddot says?
Inventor
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 3:16 AM
Yes you can change in gamelay but it affects all Sims. So I would use the SimPE way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 3:34 AM
how do i change the skeleton in simpe? i can't find i!
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 4:10 AM
i saw people come in, can someon help?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 11:36 PM
Which bit do you change? I dont know what numbers to alter.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 8:53 AM
Here is how to change height in SimPe. This works with the older versions of SimPE, I don't know if it works with the new version. I appologize to whoever originally posted this, I have no idea what your name is. But thanks!

PERMANENT STRETCHSKELETON USING SimPE:
-On the Plugins drop-down menu select the Neighborhood Browser and select the desired 'hood, then open the Sim Browser and load the desired Sim.

-Once the Sim's data is displayed on the mid-screen "Plugin View" tab, click the blue-text "Clothing" hot-spot mid-screen.

-Ignore the Clothing Data on the bottom half of the screen. Instead look at the top left column with the "filetypes".

-Click on "Age Data" and look back mid-screen at the "Plugin View" tab.

-In the bottom left frame, scroll way-y-y-y down to the "Stretch" field near the bottom of the list, click it to highlight it, and change the value in the box on the right (Valid choices between 0.0 & 2.0).

-Then click the "commit" button.

-Then, at upper left "file--save".

-File... close file handle

-Exit
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 10:24 AM
Just to confirm this does work with the new version of SimPE, but I wouldn't recommend stretching them any less than 0.9 or higher than 1.1, otherwise they look extremely disjointed.

I like to use this on Young Adults, so they are still like Teens going to College.

Also to note, during age transistion. They will grow or shrink back to their original default height, so you will have to manually edit them in SimPE all over again.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 11:55 AM
You can shrink teens by .85 or so, and they look ok if you use a preteen clothes mesh, and make taller adults using one of the body builder meshes, BUT they do not interact smoothly with their surroundings, so this is more suited to movie making, and tall sims sometimes have their heads sticking through objects.
Experiment with stretchskeleton before using SimPE, to make sure it's what you want, and SimPE will automatically create a "***.bak" file, in case of mistakes.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:18 PM
:confused: I have the latest version of sims pe and i get stuck on the bit

"Once the Sim's data is displayed on the mid-screen "Plugin View" tab, click the blue-text "Clothing" hot-spot mid-screen."

i cant find the blue-text "Clothing" anywhere on screen and i followed the instructions leading up to that. if i cant pass this step i'll never resize my sims! NEVER!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! :confused:

Andy Parka ! Andy Parka ! Andy Parka !
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:55 PM
LOL Abdy Parka this always happens to me and no-one helps. Sorry, I cant help u on dat one or I'll be helping myself!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:03 PM
To edit the height in SimPE:
1/ Navigate to find the sim in Sim Browser (If you're not sure how to do this, read the related tutorials).
2/ When the sim is selected, and the "Sim Description Editor" opens, select the "More" button (Above and to the right of the sim's portrait), and "Open Character File N00..."
3/ Click on "Age" under the "Type" section, and this brings up the CPF Editor.
4/ In the CPF Editor, find "Stretch" (about fifth down the list)
5/ On the right side of CPF Editor is the "Value", which you can amend to 0.9, 1.1 etc.
6/ And finally "COMMIT", or the changes won't be saved. Now you can close SimPE, and play your game.
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 2:53 PM
I just done it, but they look soooooo demented, also they look soooo fat then. It is similar to stretchskeleton.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 3:02 PM
Why do they become soooo fat? could you some how, make them skinny as well.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 4:23 PM
Default Finding Stretch value
Quote: Originally posted by andy parka
:confused: I have the latest version of sims pe and i get stuck on the bit

"Once the Sim's data is displayed on the mid-screen "Plugin View" tab, click the blue-text "Clothing" hot-spot mid-screen."

I found the clothing item under the 'More...' menu (in SimPE version 0.50). Then I found Age Data in the resource list (upper list). Scroll down to the bottom of the CPF editor which comes up to find the stretch value. You just have to search around a bit.