Replies: 9909 (Who?), Viewed: 392421 times.
Page 397 of 397
Mad Poster
#9901 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Housemix station... but where's the house music?

It's one of the "radio stations" available on the DJ booths. I don't think this station is available on normal stereos.
Link Ninja
#9902 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 7:37 PM
My close friend is having some rough times with her boyfriend and this morning I got a text saying he kicked over her trashcan. My first thought was "I can't believe people actually do that when they get mad, I thought it was just a sims thing!"

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9903 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
Where do you think Pleasantview takes place?

My whole life I've lived on the east coast of the US and been to every state on the coast. Otherwise I've only traveled to the west coast and Canada. I always thought of Pleasantview being in a place like my hometown because that's what I knew best and they're similar enough. This past week I went on my bday vacation trip with my bf to Kentucky (we went camping, so social distancing was maintained ) and I noticed a lot more similarities between Pleasantview and the area we were in. Especially with the trailer home area of Pleasantview, the Red had so many of those. It also had more lakes and mountains, much more like the Pleasantview terrain than where I'm from. I'd be interested to know what inspired the creators for Pleasantview, or if it was a just a random town.

I am convinced it's a mash-up of a couple Southern California suburbs. Like you have the big, fancy old house that looks like it should come from the east coast that has a widow's walk and all, clearly built by one of the railroad barons or silent films millionaires, back in the day. You've got the cute little stucco houses with the palm trees that (if the windows opened) actually work in the climate. You've got weird random non-climate suited houses from everywhere that people came from and put up what looked like home to them that really doesn't work . . . an old trailer park where people put the trailers on foundations and have sorta fixed them up a bit . . . (heck, if my town in Idaho were green, it could almost be here. We've got a couple little stucco houses that look like they probably leak like sieves during snow-melt, a general hodgepodge of catalog houses, a few people had more money than climate sense houses . . . but you'd have to put us on the dirt or desert terrain, and palms would freeze.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9904 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
It's one of the "radio stations" available on the DJ booths. I don't think this station is available on normal stereos.

No I mean where's the house music? It plays pop music for the euro releases and just the Junkie XL theme remix for north america users. There is no house music and no mix of it on this station. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a wasted potential station. I always wanted some banger '90s tunes.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Mad Poster
#9905 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
You've got the cute little stucco houses with the palm trees that (if the windows opened) actually work in the climate.

You want the windows to open?
https://modthesims.info/d/215766/an...1-jan-2009.html
Mad Poster
#9906 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 2:40 AM
As far as where Pleasantview is, I'd also point out that the neighborhood expansion that came with Unleashed in TS1 had some pretty clear New Orleans/Cajun vibes to it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#9907 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 12:37 PM
I just assumed that Pleasantview was supposed to be like, every single suburban town in America mashed together to create Anywhere, USA that everyone could relate to, sorta how Strangetown is literally in The Middle Of Nowhere with just two community lots that are pretty much re-purposed from something else. Then again, all I know about America is what I learned from cringe teen-dramas on the telly so I'm probably wrong lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9908 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 2:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
My close friend is having some rough times with her boyfriend and this morning I got a text saying he kicked over her trashcan. My first thought was "I can't believe people actually do that when they get mad, I thought it was just a sims thing!"
Tell her to pick it up again quickly and put the rubbish back into it. And look out for cockroaches. If she does find some, tell her whatever she does, don't stamp on them. Call in an exterminator to get rid of them professionally. It will cost her money, but it's better than getting 'flu.

I wish my Sims and I had known all that when I was first starting to play.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#9909 Old Yesterday at 6:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I just assumed that Pleasantview was supposed to be like, every single suburban town in America mashed together to create Anywhere, USA that everyone could relate to, sorta how Strangetown is literally in The Middle Of Nowhere with just two community lots that are pretty much re-purposed from something else. Then again, all I know about America is what I learned from cringe teen-dramas on the telly so I'm probably wrong lol

Strangetown is definitely based on Area 51, Roswell, and all that. Pleasantview... takes place in SimCity of course Or actually, its suburbs. I guess I imagine midwestern U.S. Somewhere with 4 distinct seasons.
Mad Poster
#9910 Old Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Gonna reinstall my game tomorrow probably. Got a new SSD I have to figure out how to mount in my computer. Hope it goes okay and I can get back to simming.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Page 397 of 397