Replies: 282 (Who?), Viewed: 37941 times.
Page 12 of 12
Mad Poster
#276 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:29 PM
This was bizarrely inexplicable and not at all pleasant: a toddler bed went bad, or something.

I was using a Kinder Kontainer toddler bed for little Joyce Smith and it was working fine when she crawled out of it that morning, but when she put herself away for her nap Johnny, who had just been potty-training her, took a call on his cell phone and was talking in the same room. So when she kept getting out of bed I blamed him and told him to hang up and empty the potty already, and sent her back to bed. But no, she went down for about two seconds, then her wants scrambled and she got up again, only to start crying about how tired she was. She was also getting hungry, so to be safe I pulled a bottle out of Johnny's inventory and put it next to her. She sucked it down and got back into bed and I thought we were in the clear and went to track Johnny; but no, next thing I know she's out of bed again. I moved things around (the nursery is really tight) in case some object was interfering with the bed somehow, I made sure all electronics were off, I checked her temperature - everything was as it should be but she would not stay down. Finally I deleted the bed, and when the new one wouldn't place in the old spot - probably because Joyce was too close to it - I put it in Johnny and Klara's room next door. Jenny put her to bed in it and she went out like a light. So presumably the problem was the bed,though I can't imagine what it would be.

So Joyce has decided there's an invisible monster in her room and she'll only sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room now. Which is on-brand for a kid her age. it shouldn't interfere with their love lives much as she grows up next time I play the hosuehold.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#277 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
This was bizarrely inexplicable and not at all pleasant: a toddler bed went bad, or something.

I was using a Kinder Kontainer toddler bed for little Joyce Smith and it was working fine when she crawled out of it that morning, but when she put herself away for her nap Johnny, who had just been potty-training her, took a call on his cell phone and was talking in the same room. So when she kept getting out of bed I blamed him and told him to hang up and empty the potty already, and sent her back to bed. But no, she went down for about two seconds, then her wants scrambled and she got up again, only to start crying about how tired she was. She was also getting hungry, so to be safe I pulled a bottle out of Johnny's inventory and put it next to her. She sucked it down and got back into bed and I thought we were in the clear and went to track Johnny; but no, next thing I know she's out of bed again. I moved things around (the nursery is really tight) in case some object was interfering with the bed somehow, I made sure all electronics were off, I checked her temperature - everything was as it should be but she would not stay down. Finally I deleted the bed, and when the new one wouldn't place in the old spot - probably because Joyce was too close to it - I put it in Johnny and Klara's room next door. Jenny put her to bed in it and she went out like a light. So presumably the problem was the bed,though I can't imagine what it would be.

So Joyce has decided there's an invisible monster in her room and she'll only sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room now. Which is on-brand for a kid her age. it shouldn't interfere with their love lives much as she grows up next time I play the hosuehold.

I had problems with toddler beds at times - there seems to by no reasonable explanation for it. I also just sold them and bought new ones, still don't have a clue what caused it to happen.
Scholar
#278 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:41 PM
Sims talking on the cell phone doesn't generate noise. It's only the phone ringing that generates noise, so it's probably just a stuck emitter from when the cell phone was ringing. The stuck object remover should be able to kill it in that case, I think, if you can place it wherever Johnny was standing when the cell phone was ringing.
Mad Poster
#279 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin

My game will periodically have similar problems with the old toddler floor blankets. Every so often a tot will seem to be unable to get on the blanket until after I move and rotate the thing a couple of times.
Forum Resident
#280 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Lazlo called over the nanny four days ago to help out when his wife died, and she has not left since. I know it's a glitch, but I'm debating whether to keep her--it is amusing me so much. She changes into PJs to sleep!

Maybe she wants to take care of him too. That poor boy, probably hasn't had a good home-cooked meal in weeks, somebody needs to look after him.
Alchemist
#281 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
I had problems with toddler beds at times - there seems to by no reasonable explanation for it. I also just sold them and bought new ones, still don't have a clue what caused it to happen.

I had more glitches before I downloaded Already In Crib mod from Simlogikal. Now they still happen but very rare.

Fun thing: when toddler crawls out of toddler bed parents are rushing to take toddler "out of crib". But when toddler is crying his lung out in real crib where he was put by same parents, nobody cares.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:36 AM
I don't know if it's just the alien toddlers (I swear I have normal kids too!), but I noticed when they wake up and make the sad face (pre-cry) their teeth glitch through their face.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I don't know if it's just the alien toddlers (I swear I have normal kids too!), but I noticed when they wake up and make the sad face (pre-cry) their teeth glitch through their face.

I get that a lot with toddlers regardless of species. 2fingerswhiskey made an overlay for toddler teeth. This doesn't eliminate the problem, but sometimes makes it less noticeable.

https://2fingerswhiskey.livejournal.com/86380.html
Page 12 of 12