Replies: 74 (Who?), Viewed: 7204 times.
Page 3 of 3
Scholar
#51 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 10:54 PM
That sounds like a good idea! I could probably clone potions from existing potions and primitively recolor them with floodfill. Maybe different potions for male/female/non-binary, each with a slightly different memory? I would need help with the memory icons though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 11:51 PM
I like it. There could be "testosterone" for trans men "estrogen" for trans women and "androgen" for nonbinary sims (even though androgen is technically a masculinizing hormone, it sounds similar to "androgynous" so I think it works? If a nonbinary person has a better idea plz recommend).

I know nothing about modding unfortunately. I've many times to learn how to create mods, but it never goes my way. However, I could write what the memory will actually say in game.
Scholar
#53 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
That would be helpful! Maybe for the icons I could extract the "male" and "female" symbols that the game uses when asking for babies' names and color them differently (and overlay them for the non-binary memory).

I don't know how much time I'll have to work on this right now, because I don't have a lot of time right now (and I'm about to start apartment hunting for December). I'd love to get something working, though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:22 AM
Are you on the modthesims discord chat? If not, you should join and we can chat about making this thing.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:31 AM
I'm on the MTS discord chat, same username. (I do realize you were talking to kestrellyn.)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:19 AM
The link for the Bohemian skirts goes to the help forum.

Also, the suit link goes to the male suit, not the female one.
Scholar
#57 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:25 AM
I'm not on that discord, though I do have a discord account. Where do I find the MTS discord?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I'm not on that discord, though I do have a discord account. Where do I find the MTS discord?

For some reason, this took me a while to find, even though I'd found it before: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=discord
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
The link for the Bohemian skirts goes to the help forum.

Also, the suit link goes to the male suit, not the female one.

Thanks for catching that. Fixed! Also, the female suit doesn't exist anymore, so I removed it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 6:27 PM Last edited by LyleSnake : 25th Oct 2018 at 6:39 PM.
I learned from Sims Facts and Trivia on tumblr that the Grim Reaper was marked as female in Strangetown, even though he has been referred as a man the whole time. Then in a later EP of the game, his gender marker was changed to male. So that makes the Grim Reaper a trans man! (and so I changed my icon to the trans man icon, Mr. Death himself )

Edit: Apparently, Grim Reaper also, "despite being male, has the appearance of a female, which can be proven by changing his appearance with the NPC and Townie Maker. However this is strongly NOT recommended, as it can cause game corruption." I love Grim Reaper
Mad Poster
#61 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
Grim also has a biography, though there's no way to see it in-game without corrupting the hood and potentially your game installation.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 7:40 PM
I found a tutorial for how to use SimPE to change the physical sex of a sim. It seems that doing it incorrectly could corrupt the game, so if you attempt this, be careful! Try it on a test sim in a test 'hood first.
Scholar
#63 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 11:58 PM
Grim is a trans icon and I love him.

I don't have anything constructive to add, but I'm glad for this thread! I wanted to get into TS2 again and wanted to make some of my trans OCs but digging for stuff sucks! Thanks!

Angela and Lilith both deserve better, actually. | My Simblr!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:05 AM
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Anything I can do to make it easier to make happy trans sims is a happy time for me. You should post some pictures of your trans sims once you make them. I would love to see those cool sims!
Mad Poster
#65 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleSnake
Thanks for catching that. Fixed! Also, the female suit doesn't exist anymore, so I removed it.

Oh that's right, it was Trapping's and a lot of her links went poof. It was reuploaded here. https://simfileshare.net/folder/13855/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:48 AM
Brand new download! Hot off the drawing board! Download transition potions by Kestrellyn and LyleSnake to give your sim a happy memory of transitioning :D
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 12:49 AM
These mods should be fun to try out! Unfortunately, it seems the RCC's files aren't available anymore - none of the versions are.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frechi
it seems the RCC's files aren't available anymore

The current version is here (updated 1/20/20): https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...s-documentation
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 3:09 PM
Thank you!! I have updated the URL to link to the correct version.

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Scholar
#70 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 5:48 PM
I just discovered top surgery scar overlays! Here!

Angela and Lilith both deserve better, actually. | My Simblr!
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 11:08 AM Last edited by darth_kor : 6th Mar 2020 at 11:21 AM.
Thanks. I remember looking for androgynous clothes way back then when I didn't know I was trans. I'm FTM, nowadays learning more towards non-binary. I may have intersex characteristics too but I never got confirmation on that. So it is very interesting to have trans Sims. I like how in TS4 it is now an option.
I remember around 2015-17 I found a lot of clothes that were Male to Female so your "female" sim could have a flat chest. I don't know where to find those downloads nowadays but they are probably out there. I never used custom bodyshapes because to my knowledge you have to download clothes made for that body shape... correct? So... if I get the androgyny one, will I need to download new CC?

It seems like the best way to have MTF and femme Sims is to just make a female sim right out of the bat. I don't understand how to use the trans bodyshape either...

Thanks for the RCC recommendation. I always wanted something like that.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 1:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_kor
I never used custom bodyshapes because to my knowledge you have to download clothes made for that body shape... correct? So... if I get the androgyny one, will I need to download new CC?

Yes, each differing bodyshape has different meshes for clothing (and nude form), so you will need clothes made explicitly for those meshes if you want your Sim's appearance to stay consistent throughout the game.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 8:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alljoj
I just discovered top surgery scar overlays! Here!

Thank you so much for sharing this! I've added it to the list. They look so good in game!! I've been waiting for this mod for ages omg

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd May 2020 at 6:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
Yes, each differing bodyshape has different meshes for clothing (and nude form), so you will need clothes made explicitly for those meshes if you want your Sim's appearance to stay consistent throughout the game.

Thanks. That sounds like a pain. I think I'll just stick with clothes that make your Sim look flat chested or something. Trapping, I believe, had some.
Theorist
DELETED POST
3rd May 2020 at 2:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Sunrader. Reason: Changed my mind. :)
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 9:05 PM
very cool! thanks

20. male. he/him. autistic (this is not an excuse but an explanation.)
Page 3 of 3