Replies: 24586 (Who?), Viewed: 658744 times.
Page 984 of 984
Top Secret Researcher
#24576 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 2:40 AM
Thank you to the both of you; talking about the layout helped me realize my biggest problem--that I did need to move the stairs. For me, the house has much better flow with the stairs on the side of the house; I felt the dining table was tight in both of the previous layouts. In the front of the house, I ended up with dead space behind the island & barstools, and then the chairs were too close to the front door. Okay, but not ideal for routing. And then, yes, in the back of the house, the table seemed to call for more space as well--I couldn't seem to get it to not seem too close to the stairs or the back door. (When building and planning, I try to stage with the 2x2 table. I don't often build with a particular sim or family in mind, so by doing it that way, I can ensure I have space for all six seats if I need it later. Plus that is my preferred dining set up anyway. It's not really necessary in all houses, but it never hurts to have extra seats for guests, right?) Anyway, here's what I came up with:

I still got a nice kitchen nook (I love when that happens, too, BeckyBoo8!), I think, and was able to keep the island and barstools. And I was even able to keep the same room sizes upstairs:

As I'm rebuilding Pleasantview, I'm trying to be more exact about my building. My starter homes have 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, maybe closets if you're lucky, and these mid range homes will have 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and have to have closets. So I was happy I could keep my prefered room size (I don't like to go smaller than 4x4) without increasing the house size.

I'm still not 100% positive about it, especially since the door to the sunroom is now in the back mudroom/laundry room, but I think it flows better. Thoughts?
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Instructor
#24577 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 2:43 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 13th Aug 2020 at 3:46 AM.
Personally, I would do layout 1, and flip the cabinets to the opposite wall against the stairs. Then you can place the kitchen table in the front with a window to look out. That's how my childhood home was- kitchen in the front with a big bay window.
Top Secret Researcher
#24578 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:24 AM
The vast majority of houses I lived in and visited had the kitchen at the back and it was more convenient for kids playing at the back to come in and have a snack. I like the revised floor plan above with the kitchen at the back, but yes the entrance to the sunroom isn't ideal.
Top Secret Researcher
#24579 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 9:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I finally settled on this:

Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Test Subject
#24580 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:24 PM
Is there a reason why HCDU starts crashing whenever I try to run it?
Mad Poster
#24581 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:20 PM
Undoubtedly, but that sentence doesn't contain nearly enough information to figure it out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#24582 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:22 PM
Maybe your folder has too much stuff; try taking out some downloads and then running it. That's usually the case when I have problems with the HCDU.

Test Subject
#24583 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Undoubtedly, but that sentence doesn't contain nearly enough information to figure it out.

Im sorry! I was such in a rush to find out what was wrong that I did not proofread before submitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Maybe your folder has too much stuff; try taking out some downloads and then running it. That's usually the case when I have problems with the HCDU.

I thought the same, but when i take out some of my bigger folders it still acts the same.

In a more descriptive explanation, when I run HCDU it opens fine but when I press "scan" it immediately crashes. Its not like it happened all of a sudden since I just installed ts2 and went on a download spree.

EDIT: It was a locale issue, I usually change my system locale to Japanese so my computer can get along better with some singing synthesizers.
Theorist
#24584 Old Yesterday at 4:35 PM
I know the conversion for SC4 squares to TS2, but does anyone know of a conversion for the height of terrain. Like... if something is 5 clicks high using the FT modifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat, how high is that in SC4? (SC4 can use numbers, btw, which I can see with terrainquery, but I don't know the units. Just want to know if there's a resource that compares that to TS2 somewhere.)
Lab Assistant
#24585 Old Yesterday at 4:52 PM
Is there any easy way to tell in game how many Sims someone has woohooed?
Field Researcher
#24586 Old Yesterday at 6:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Is there any easy way to tell in game how many Sims someone has woohooed?

Cyjon's Debugger has an option under Information.../LTW Report which displays statistics for all lifetime wants for the current sim, including the number of WooHoos.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Scholar
#24587 Old Yesterday at 6:55 PM
^ that's a very easy way to do it, but if you want to do it without CC just go through their memories & count the Woohoo memories. Just remember that Public Woohoo has a separate memory than normal Woohoo, so if your Sim has done both Woohoo and Public Woohoo with the same Sim don't count those twice.
Page 984 of 984