Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Typical
#576 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:18 PM
Hai F-P! *waves* Loving the new avatar. :D

And seriosuly... this world. It's taken my breath away, like, several times. Just thought I'd tell you that this world is too awesome to find any faults with... it's just... perfect. :O
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#577 Old 14th May 2011 at 3:11 AM
Haha, thanks so much lewjen!

So, I've been working a bit on Vice City, and am very happy how it's coming out. Downtown is now finished, well at least the shells, and I've moved down all the way through Little Havana and am now working on the Airport. Pics overload coming soon,lol.

I've done a lot, to say the least. I didn't take pics of all the new lots, since there are too many. I've currently re-sculpting parts of the map around the Airport. To fit everything I want, I made the last island longer and wider near the end by the docks and Airport. Lots of terrain sculpting was done to make it more accurate, and I also reconstructed one of the bridges, and got rid of that water passage to the private island.

Anyway, enough with the blah, blah, blah, and now with the pictures! Many pictures below, just a warning.

Thought it was funny seeing a sim in the basketball court behind my house,lol.

Print Works

Remade these 2 towers on the first island:

Added a boat at the docks

Little playground next to Sunshine Autos

Thought it'd be cool to have a house on construction

Burger Shot

Graveyard

Cute little restaurant I like

And the finished downtown area
Lab Assistant
#578 Old 14th May 2011 at 3:27 AM
Can't believe how much you got done, It looks incredible. Can't wait to see the Airport, Docks, Army Base and NP Mall Interior.

By the way, where did you get the sign with 'F' on it for the fire station in downtown? Is that extra CC we can get?
Lab Assistant
#579 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:48 AM
I am still trying to figure out how you made the buildings above 5 floors. I have not been able to I followed that tutorial that is on here somewhere but that leaves gaps in the roofs. I have seen that the constrainfloorelevation cheat is used but still slightly confused.

This is definitely a switch from the cars (of which I have almost all of them). I still have a copy of Vice City for the PS2 around here somewhere, might have to play again. Lol

Excellent work FP!

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Scholar
Original Poster
#580 Old 14th May 2011 at 11:13 AM
Thank you guys!

Murf, the F's are just multiple wall lights. I was able to do that once lights became shiftable up and down with a new patch.

Brady, I'm also still confused, lol. Some of mine also had a little gap, but I usually just put a fence or another floor on top, so it isn't noticeable. You should definitely whip out VC and play it, it's very inspirational, lol .
Test Subject
#581 Old 14th May 2011 at 7:35 PM
I cant wait for it! I have always loved your work. I give you lots of props. Youre genius!
Scholar
Original Poster
#582 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:16 PM
haha, thanks so much cutelilivy55!

Here's a new picture of a airplane I tried making,lol. Do you guys think I should keep it, or is it too tacky/unrealistic looking?

Lab Assistant
#583 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:23 PM
That airplane made me lol. You can always use the airport objects by Moria in the CAW resources forum. I plan on using them in my world that is in progress. I just don't have enough done to begin posting about it. Although, after a few drinks that airplane might look fantastic!

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Scholar
Original Poster
#584 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bradyseitz
That airplane made me lol. You can always use the airport objects by Moria in the CAW resources forum. I plan on using them in my world that is in progress. I just don't have enough done to begin posting about it. Although, after a few drinks that airplane might look fantastic!

lol, I mean I could make my own airport items, but I don't want to include custom content in the world. Maybe I'll just have it as bonus objects, and I'll see if I can improve this airplane. If not I'll just delete it .
Theorist
#585 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:30 PM
The plane should ditch the blue windows, they're too residential.
But yeah, I like it. It's rather innovative.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#586 Old 15th May 2011 at 4:31 PM
The wings look pretty odd.
I think that, in order to give thickness to them, you should delete the half-walls and replace them with the low-foundations, all over the wings.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Lab Assistant
#587 Old 15th May 2011 at 4:45 PM
I think you should ditch it. A couple of bonus Items wouldn't hurt.

Btw, you should check out the Los Aniegos and Red County worlds from the Sims 3 Forums. They have very good airports. Maybe the creator will give you tips or something
Test Subject
#588 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Murf
I think you should ditch it. A couple of bonus Items wouldn't hurt.

Btw, you should check out the Los Aniegos and Red County worlds from the Sims 3 Forums. They have very good airports. Maybe the creator will give you tips or something

Dito, Coasterboi has done a brilliant job of both those "worlds" The airports are very well done.

Great to see the amt of progress on VC. I was surprised to see so much done since last time I logged on Great job FP

The meaning of zen can be summed up in two words, NOT ALWAYS SO (Digstar on EA Sims 3)
Scholar
Original Poster
#589 Old 17th May 2011 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for the tips guys!

I'll see if I could find pics of those other worlds, as I cant download them due to the lack of expansion packs, but sounds like a good idea.

The problem I think Im running into with the airport is that it's just too big, and it seems empty, but I still haven't built everything in it, so we'll see what happens.
Test Subject
#590 Old 17th May 2011 at 2:01 AM
Found a link with some very decent CAW objects for the airport including a jet, helicopter etc... Given the amt of helicopter spawn points in VC, this package isn't isolated to just the airport.

http://freya.modthesims2.com/showth...7&goto=lastpost

The meaning of zen can be summed up in two words, NOT ALWAYS SO (Digstar on EA Sims 3)
Scholar
Original Poster
#591 Old 19th May 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thanks for the link Digger065!

In other news, my pc smelt like it was going to go on fire yesterday, so I refuse to turn it on now in fear of burning down the house,lol. So I will be getting a new pc, and progress is currently at a stop. I swear everything goes wrong once I finally get started on Vice City,lol. But will continue once I find a new pc, it gets delivered, and Im hoping everything with vice city will work out okay.
Test Subject
#592 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:43 PM
I will agree with making your own custom planes. Maybe you could create some models like the Airtrain (The airplanes at Escobar) from Vice City & Vice City Stories?
http://gta.wikia.com/Airtrain

Anyways, awesome as always. Keep it up, I can't wait for the final result!
Test Subject
#593 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:11 PM
Cc
If you are making cc for the airport i think it would be cool to add custom vehicles that are in vice city like the cars in the above link
Please take this into account thx
Scholar
Original Poster
#594 Old 20th May 2011 at 12:02 AM
henriquedematos, yea, I definitely would like to make airplanes like the one you mentioned.

APBritt, I don't think I'm going to make actual Vice City cars, since that has to do with permissions and stuff, but I do have planned an array of 80's cars that are inspired by the ones in VC. =]

Also, what do you guys think about this boat? I think it came out much better than the airplane,lol.

And just a cloudy day, thought it was cool.

Space Pony
#595 Old 20th May 2011 at 12:20 AM
The boat looks amazing! I like it much more then the plane.
Wiki Wizard
#596 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:00 AM
The boat does look good, i like how you made the storage containers But a cloudy day in miami?! :o

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#597 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:15 PM
I think your concern about using custom content is overblown. You are much more likely to have problems with your world if you use the Move Objects cheat than by using custom content. It's the overuse of the Move Objects cheats which causes sims to get stuck, resulting in lag.

Besides, you are so good at making custom content, that it seems a crying shame that you would not want to put your talents to make your world better. I think you could use your meshing skills to make a much better looking airplane -- in fact, you already have. Similarly, you could make a much better looking boat. Why use building tools that were not meant for the purpose to create something which does not look all that good, when better tools will lead to better results?

The people who complain about custom content tend to have a very flexible definition of what custom content is. For example, they will tell you something that you make yourself is NOT custom content, while something made byu someone else IS custom content. So, it you make your own plane or boat, it would not be custom content in their eyes. (On the other hand, if I were to use the very same plane or boat, it WOULD be custom content.) This is how they justify saying that a house they designed or built is NOT custom content, but a house downloaded from here or the exchange is. Or they will tell you that Los Aniegos has no custom content, even though the United Bank tower from Sims Lulumai is as plain as the nose on your face.

If you don't accept this nonsense, then your world is already filled with custom content. Your lots are all custom content. I do not see any EA buildings there.
Scholar
#598 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:30 PM
If I were you FP I would use the CC Airplanes, I little CC would not Hurt at all. all you have to tell them if people want to use the CC they can merge them by using S3PE or custom launcher it will make sim3 load faster. You have great talented I really don't understand why you won't do this at all?

the plane well if you feel like it's not worth it don't include it. Maybe add the cc Planes instead or add your own CC Plane.

Btw your boat looks awesome!
Lab Assistant
#599 Old 22nd May 2011 at 3:57 AM
If you want to make CC but you're still a little worried then layout strict rules for yourself, like only doing the stuff that's really necessary such as planes, boats, maybe some airport stuff, some cars (from that era), helicopters imo, and any other really important things you can think of.

One good rule is to only make your own CC. If you use other peoples then permissions may be the least of your problems. Ever find a great lot (or world) and then find it has a list of un-included CC that some of (as time passes) becomes outdated, broken, unavailable, registration-required, incompatible with something, in any way annoying or hard to get to. I even find broken/incorrect links to content, or links to pages that no longer exist or no longer have that content on them. Lets not let VC get like that.

By the way,
I've noticed in recent months a lot of new simmers who have found and fell in love with this world. While it's great to have lots of new simmers, you'll need to be aware that some of them don't know much or anything about installing package files so to avoid being repeatedly asked about it you should make sure to make it as easy as possible for them to find out how it's done without them needing to ask (include a link to the resource file as well). Another solution may be to use sims3pack files instead.
Scholar
Original Poster
#600 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:28 PM
The reason why I don't want to include cc into the actual world file is because i think it will cause problems. First off, I believe only sim3pack files are attached to a world when you export it. I don't think many people use sim3pack files on this site, and sometimes they can be difficult to deal with if you are having a problem getting rid of them, as I personally have before. And even if package files can be attached to the world, many people, especially on my actual website, have tons of problems installing them.

I also would only include my own cc, but that is also a problem. I can in no way guarantee that my objects will work for all games and/or not cause problems with future EPs or patches. That has also happened to me, as some of my older cars cause the blue lot problem in some games. While I know that my actual world is considered custom content, it's only using EA made objects. That way, if one of their objects or items gets corrupted with a new patch/EP, then the headaches are on them and not me. I don't want to be constantly updating my world because my content keeps getting broken.

To me, the smartest and safest option is to just dont include custom content in the world. Thats why Im not using those custom rabbithole doors and rugs, because those are likely to break or become outdated with a new ep or patch where ea changes everything. I will be making custom content to go along with this, but most likely not included in the actual world file. I could possibly make 2 versions, one with custom content and one without, but the whole world would have to be completely finished first before I added the cc, and that'd also mean an additional 10+ files to upload here in the main download thread due to the archived and split files. I think my best bet is to upload the world with no cc, and just offer custom content separate from that, so people can choose and pick what they want.
Locked thread
Page 24 of 30