Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#651 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 8:00 PM
Fresh-Prince, i can remember seeing a video about this world over a year ago on youtube and since then i've been wondering if work was still being done, when would it be available and i've been thinking of how much i'd love to download the world. Today, i stumbled across a link to this forum, and i have sat here for about an hour reading every single post, and i am absolutely amazed at what you have created so far. Even though not completed, the worls is absolutely astonishing! you've done an incredible job so far and i'll be following this post until (if it gets that far) the world is finished.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#652 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 7:39 AM
I can't install the latest version!

When it's done through the loading of "installing' the message says I need to update my game, however I can NOT do that.

Patch 1.29 is corrupted and will cause me to uninstall and reinstall my EPs, which I am NOT fond of doing.

I am also using LN, but that shouldn't matter because I played the earlier version on LN and it worked.

Can anyone give any advice or how to work around this?
Test Subject
#653 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:42 PM
Wow, this world is amazing! Thank you so much for putting the time and effort in to making it. I shall enjoy playing in Vice City

Just wondering, is there a way to change it from a "suburb" to a "city"? I prefer the working hours of Bridgeport to that of suburbs (so my simmies can party harder...)
Test Subject
#654 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 8:35 PM
FP, just wanted to let you know if you didnt know this already, but vovillia has a couple cars converted from gta vice city into the sims 2 on his website. I dont know if you can or cant convert stuff from ts2 to ts3 but i just wanted to put this out here.
Scholar
#655 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleLion
Wow, this world is amazing! Thank you so much for putting the time and effort in to making it. I shall enjoy playing in Vice City

Just wondering, is there a way to change it from a "suburb" to a "city"? I prefer the working hours of Bridgeport to that of suburbs (so my simmies can party harder...)

You could try this method in this tutorial on a copy of the world: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374. I've done it successfully on several. (I'd strongly encourage you to make the changes on a copy of the world rather than chancing messing up the original.) Good luck!
Test Subject
#656 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:49 PM
I love this world!!! milion thanks to you
Field Researcher
#657 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 12:58 AM
Fresh-prince-just a thought-but would you like me to post up a version here that has the city INI file in it already, so people don't have to put it in themselves?
I've also got a version that has Jasumi's tropical weather, which makes it just look incredible, if you'd like that, too!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Scholar
Original Poster
#658 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Fresh-Prince : 9th Feb 2012 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
Fresh-prince-just a thought-but would you like me to post up a version here that has the city INI file in it already, so people don't have to put it in themselves?
I've also got a version that has Jasumi's tropical weather, which makes it just look incredible, if you'd like that, too!

Go right ahead! I made one not too long ago along with also the addition some LN stoplights for the map, but I can't find it.

Also, sorry for not updating this in a long time. I have lost some inspiration and have been busy. I also can't technically work on it. To create the cars I make for my website, I can't have the game updated to the latest patch, as it messes with my Rig editor that allows me to change the seating position in my cars. On the other hand, I need the latest patch, or at least 1.28 to work on Vice City. If there was any way I could update my game to the patch right before Pets, then I'd be able to work on both cars and Vice City, but I don't think that is possible.
Theorist
#659 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:54 PM
So this is the final version then?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#660 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:02 PM
I think the world is fine the way it is. I mean what more could you do?
Scholar
Original Poster
#661 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:08 AM
tizerist, sorry for not responding to your pm. I would have to say yes. While I may continue working on it some time in the future, it most definitely will be quite a while till I release another version, as I have barely touched it since the August release/beta.

chrysanthemum, the world may look complete from the outside, but many of the buildings dont have interiors, and there are no living sims in the world yet.
Field Researcher
#662 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Go right ahead! I made one not too long ago along with also the addition some LN stoplights for the map, but I can't find it.

Also, sorry for not updating this in a long time. I have lost some inspiration and have been busy. I also can't technically work on it. To create the cars I make for my website, I can't have the game updated to the latest patch, as it messes with my Rig editor that allows me to change the seating position in my cars. On the other hand, I need the latest patch, or at least 1.28 to work on Vice City. If there was any way I could update my game to the patch right before Pets, then I'd be able to work on both cars and Vice City, but I don't think that is possible.
\

Have you tried the patch downloads section on this site? I know for a fact that they would have that one for download there.

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Theorist
#663 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:30 AM
tizerist, sorry for not responding to your pm. I would have to say yes. While I may continue working on it some time in the future, it most definitely will be quite a while till I release another version, as I have barely touched it since the August release/beta.

chrysanthemum, the world may look complete from the outside, but many of the buildings dont have interiors, and there are no living sims in the world yet.

No, no, that's great. I'm totally happy with that last release. I'll plop down some families and airplanes tonight. Thank you again FP.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#664 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:23 AM
You can get your game to the previous patch states only by reinstalling it completely. But you can do that if you do it with care. There are patch downloads for Sims 3 here at modthesims, so you don't need to patch to latest if you patch the games manually. There are also older CAW versions laying around, so you don't need to have the latest of that either. And finally, if you still get a version mismatch, there is a workaround for that too!

Installation and uninstalling help

Patch downloads

Older CAW versions, and mismatch solution

To anyone, please notice that a reinstall of the game is never the first choice to try when you have issues - but this time it's not about an issue, but getting both making cars and using CAW work at the same time. FP, I hope this helps you, the world looks great!

ps. If you need help and/or have questions, pop in the chat and I'll help you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#665 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:34 PM
Thanks so much guys! I never realized that you could download the older patches here. I actually just wound up updating my game to the latest patch, and found a new work around for that allows me to edit the cars at the same time. Yay! So perhaps I will begin working on this again little by little.
Lab Assistant
#666 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:00 PM
Thanks so much guys! I never realized that you could download the older patches here. I actually just wound up updating my game to the latest patch, and found a new work around for that allows me to edit the cars at the same time. Yay! So perhaps I will begin working on this again little by little.

Cool. Feel free to take your time

The current version is more than enough to keep me happy while you continue your work. It may have incomplete interiors but it's still better and more epic than most of the finished worlds I've seen (and I've seen some great ones). Not having many interiors in it doesn't bother me, and my sims can still enjoy the views.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to Vice Beach
Scholar
Original Poster
#667 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 4:03 PM
Haha, thank you Murf!

The updates I'll be posting will mostly just showcase finished buildings that are up for suggestions, with completed interiors. The thing I find most difficult is making each lot have a different style and feel to it, without being too repetitive throughout the whole city. But anyway, hopefully there are still people interested in this project.
Field Researcher
#668 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 10:36 PM
Don't worry, F-P, you won't have any problems with finding followers-this is incredible enough to get just about anyone interested!

Test Subject
#669 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:40 PM
Wow, its soo good to know your still working on this! Its such an amazing replica of GTA's Vice City! :D
Mad Poster
#670 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:13 AM
Here's some awesome aerial panoramas of Miami, if you wanted to replicate the feeling.

http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-Vi...ur.php?3D=Miami
Scholar
Original Poster
#671 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:48 PM
Thanks guys!

And thanks so much for that link jje1000! That is completely inspirational. I actually made a panorama for Vice City a while back, haha.
Field Researcher
#672 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:53 PM
How did you make the really tall buildings in Vice City, like that black skyscraper?

The world looks great - it's a nice change from the other stuff that's available, even if it's not done.
Instructor
#673 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Monsoon : 28th Mar 2012 at 10:29 PM.
@catangi

First you build a 1x1 box and then another above. Put any floor tile on the upper box - it's helpful. Then delete the box below. Later put constrainfloorelevation false and raise the terrain under the box as high as you can. When you're done, put constrainfloorelevation true and level terrain to make it on the ground level. Put constrainfloorelevation false back and raise again. You can do it up to three times, later weird things happen.

I should probably make a video tutorial and put it on YouTube...
Mad Poster
#674 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 7:01 AM
Thanks guys!

And thanks so much for that link jje1000! That is completely inspirational. I actually made a panorama for Vice City a while back, haha.

IMO, a massive amount of attention ought to be paid at the ground floor- that means streetscaping well above GTA III levels!

That'll make the world pop.
Test Subject
#675 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM
I finally got the latest version downloaded and I absolutely love it!:D
It's so beautiful and there are so many memories whenever I visit the Havana part and remember how they used to shoot at me as I drive by!
Ahh, good times!
Locked thread
Page 27 of 30