Replies: 5655 (Who?), Viewed: 296735 times.
Page 227 of 227
Instructor
#5651 Old Yesterday at 6:31 PM
Butlers are the worst. They fire all the other employees, then are less efficient at all 3 things instead of just the one. I would have a toddler screaming to be changed, and he would start a meal, leave the bowl, then walk all the way out to the back garden to trim bushes, but leave the flowers dying, and then go give the toddler a bottle without changing it.
Inventor
#5652 Old Yesterday at 6:52 PM
The best way to solve that is to use playable sims as staff and they will do their jobs because you control them like the others in the household.I would have a playable nanny taking care of children like an elder who's marriage partner died and who can't move in with their kids.
Lab Assistant
#5653 Old Yesterday at 9:15 PM
I hate the fact that certain sounds are much louder than the others. TV, video games, stereos, the arcade machine (I always sell it at the dorm) and that dreaded carpool honk.
Mad Poster
#5654 Old Today at 2:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
Butlers are the worst. They fire all the other employees, then are less efficient at all 3 things instead of just the one. I would have a toddler screaming to be changed, and he would start a meal, leave the bowl, then walk all the way out to the back garden to trim bushes, but leave the flowers dying, and then go give the toddler a bottle without changing it.

Cyjon made several mods that tweak the way the butlers work.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/42

1. Butler Asks To Fire - Butler will always ask before firing other staff. The way the game works by default, when you hire a butler he will ask if he can fire the maid, gardener, etc. Once you say yes, you can't change your mind later. He will keep firing new staff. Under this mod, he will ask again if you hire new employees. Once you tell him not to fire the help, he will never ask again.

2. Butler Fix - Fixes the "butler won't cook" bug. Also tweaks the butler's logic as to what "food" means, so he won't cook so obsessively. Note that this fixes the bug where butlers wont cook at all. If you simply want them to stop cooking garbage then you need Better Butler Meals.

3. Better Butler Meals - Butlers will cook meals which requires Cooking skill of 3 or more, and will choose only true group meals rather than magically getting multiple servings out of single-serve meals. Butlers will not use mini-fridges to cook, but if you can afford a butler you can certainly afford a full-sized fridge.

4. More Butler Cooking - Butlers look at everyone's hunger levels, not just residents, when deciding whether to cook. (I don't use this one. In my game the butlers already raid the fridge way too often.)

5. Apartment Butlers - Butlers and nannies can now enter the apartments of the people who hired them.

6. No Butler NPC Harassment - The butler will no longer dismiss NPCs who have been invited over socially.
Lab Assistant
#5655 Old Today at 2:40 AM
Well there's one good thing about the butler. The gardener waits so long to come over, the yard is overgrown with weeds by then. Nice to have more help with that. Kinda makes me wish we had a Sims 1 Servo option.
Alchemist
#5656 Old Today at 4:00 AM Last edited by Annaminna : Today at 4:27 AM.
I have Daily gardener from Pescado and I have also Butler and servo serving fix, so they will not get that last plate to eat for themselves and I have butler is no nanny because he will get that nanny idiotism if he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I hate the fact that certain sounds are much louder than the others. TV, video games, stereos, the arcade machine (I always sell it at the dorm) and that dreaded carpool honk.

You can always set the in-game sound settings as you like.
Page 227 of 227