Replies: 957 (Who?), Viewed: 97767 times.
Page 39 of 39
Inventor
#951 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:11 PM
I find other ways to add drama like having my town struggling with a drought or an abnormally long cold hard winter and threats of running out of supplies to buy before spring arrives and shipments get through.I can also have long periods of nonstop rain and pretend there's a flooding threat or a bad heavy rainstorm is threatening flash flooding in the area.I might have one partmenr die shortly after the coupld had a baby for drama and have that surviving parent struggling to manage.
I have the children of broken arriages stay with the parent who is mst willing to take them if one wanted children and the other one didn't.
Theorist
#952 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Also, if you had them seperate, what arrangements did you do? Who did the kids stay with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Well, it was Albany who wanted them all!

But... if Albany lost custody of the kids (even temporarily) to Goneril, that could really up the drama of the split-up.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#953 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 12:21 AM
Sugoisama, do you have a child support system set up? What are your family laws like?

It sounded from your 'What's happening . . .' thread post, like Albany really doesn't have the stay at home parent side of things down either. If there's any investigation into fitness to parent, he might loose the kids to Goneril no matter what she and he want to have happen.

I've never had that couple divorce, as a fortune/family pairing they're usually all over each other with boltage for me. However, things the courts (me, the player) assess are what the sims would admit to, what the courts would have reasonable non-player-power ways of knowing, and what relationships the kids have with the parents. And there's always the potential for corruption: a judge might lean favorably on the Capp side of any issue because, y'know, Capps, right?
So are there any friends or service sims who might be called on to testify about the family's relationships? Any judges that might take a bribe of some sort from Consort? (He's the one with the money, after all.) What are the kids' attitudes to their parents? Might some kids end up with each? What would happen if Miranda, say, went to Goneril, while the younger trio went to Albany? What if Consort sued for custody of one or more of them, or if Goneril and the children moved in with him temporarily or permanently?

The other thing I do is use Inge's summoner cat to do shared custody between separated parents, when appropriate: because I play with an extended lifespan mod (Almighty Hat's proportional aging) I generally have kids live with the primary custodial parent on weekdays and the secondary custodial parent on weekends, and I play rotations as 5/2.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#954 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:25 AM Last edited by TadOlson : 6th Aug 2020 at 6:03 PM.
I would have the children going to foster care sometimes when a couple breaks up if none of them had been really ready for children or nobody really wanted to have the children.It can happen that the couple had a few accidents with woohoo and got a few unplanned pregnancies and have a few children they weren't prepared for.I had a couple almost bankrupted from this once back in my early days playing before I hacked my game out and I was trying to find a way of giving that unplanned bay up for adoption and found nothing.
Field Researcher
#955 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 10:41 AM
Quote:
It sounded from your 'What's happening . . .' thread post, like Albany really doesn't have the stay at home parent side of things down either. If there's any investigation into fitness to parent, he might loose the kids to Goneril no matter what she and he want to have happen.

That is exactly what happened: considering Albany was unemployed the court (read: me) decided that the kids would be best off with Goneril, who not only had a stable job paying more than 1k every day, but also the fortune (from the genie) to get them a nice house. Albany moved into an apartment and will probably have some young townie lover living with him as a room-mate in the future.

This also (albeit accidentally) gave me an opportunity to establish another West-Veronaville custom, which is all children sharing a room. The pre-made houses all have one bedroom, and there's not a lot I can do to make more smaller rooms, plus the kids do (sort of) fit into one room, so there's not too much to complain about. Except for privacy, of course, but eh, details, details.
Inventor
#956 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:10 PM
@sugosisama -That's a case where the unemployed sim moves into a subsidized rental in a trailer park apartment zoned lot that was one of my own custom built apartment lots and gets subsidized to stay at home and raise their children.I wouldn't have them go with a parent working full time if any are babies or toddlers because babies and toddlers are too young to be left home alone for an entire workday.

Subsizedd housing is available in my game though my own custom scratch built apartment lots in options ranging from rooms for rent in boarding houses to apartments,townhouses and condos or trailer units in trailer parks.These not only provide cheap affordable rental housing for my sims,but the subsidezed ones also allow newcomers to work on skilling before getting jobs and young parents with babies or toddlers to be stay at home parents and get subsidized for it until their child is old enough to attend school or not need to be fed.
Mad Poster
#957 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 5:07 AM
TadOlson do you not use service sims at all, then? $1000+ a day will hire a nanny very nicely for when Goneril's at work. Even if you have a mod for pricier service sims, which I do, she comes to about $800 for a full shift, and if Miranda doesn't have an after school job she can hire the nanny and the nanny only work a half-shift.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#958 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 5:24 AM
@Sunbee -There can be service sims in my game though they would be CAS created playables and teens born in the game who've left home.I should upload some of my apartment lots without CC though career rewards placed on the lots would be fine since they're EA content though not usually unlocked.I've got subsidized zpzrtment lots through having green energy sources placed on the lots.I might start with a CC -fre version of my trailer park with career reward items on the lot and recommend you downloaded it and installed it.I also use that trick on my residential lots and also have career rewards placed on those lots before sims move in and also place them on community lots for sims to earn money while out.I don't use any Mods to raise the service NPC prices and use one to eliminate rental deposits and cut rents in half.
Page 39 of 39