Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set of CAS face replacement templates

by oepu Posted 30th Apr 2007 at 1:29 PM - Updated 1st May 2007 at 9:00 AM by oepu

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 6th May 2007 at 10:50 PM Last edited by suziblue : 6th May 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: add to
These are quite nice. I love the fact that you made the eyes normal sized instead of cartoonishly large. Also that you didn't over shorten the face, making the top half of the head abnormally small (seems to be common on sims for download).

I would like to suggest side view pictures too though, so we can better see what their noses look like. Course I guess I can just plop them in my game to see.
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:26 AM
Personally, I don't find these very realistic at all.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 10:24 PM
They're really pretty, and are just what I've been looking for. I really like the fact that they look so good with all types of skintones.
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 7:33 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 26th Jul 2007 at 7:13 PM. Reason: is a thanks post
omg! these faces are damn brilliant!!!

Hi y'all!
My diary
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 11:49 PM
Thanks, i love these. Your skins are fantastic too, thanks so much!!!
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 1:39 AM
I love these faces, but I put them in my downloads folder and deleted the files you said to delete so that the thumbnails will be re-created, but when I went to create a new sim in the 'Create A Sim' section of the game, it still showed the old faces. Am I missing another step?
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:16 PM
"My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/cigen.package"
I can't find a file named like that...?
But these look super beautiful, I hope I can make them work...
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:05 PM
I cant find it either, I hope it works anyway

Jesus is my savior, and I will always worship him.
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 11:19 PM
wow these are so utterly fantastic!i cant believe what a superbe job you've done(it makes me think of my sims-and shudder),well,i wish you brilliant luck or the rest!

xx SAVE OUR EARTH! [It's the only one with chocolate...] xx
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 8:19 PM
Great work! There seems to be a broken file, however; number 13 doesn't work.

This world is no fun.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:55 PM
These are fantastic, And now that I've gotten over my fear of using these types of things I'm going to be installing them into my computer now. Thank You so much for putting out such quality work! Hugs. ^^

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 9:15 AM
Default problem with toddler faces in low-detail
ALRIGHT! Finally some decent faces!

I think I may have found a problem however. When I had the game in low-detail for sims, because I have a slow system the number 4 face and the heart face template are... messed up on toddler girls. I haven't checked the boys yet, and they appear to correct themselves when the sims age to children. I have included a screenshot of the problem. I used inseminator to try to correct the poor little baby's horribly deformed face and got stuck with these whacked-out thumbnails

I did not find any problems at all on high sim detail or any other age group. Just low-detail toddler girls (maybe boys too, I didn't check).

I love the realism on these faces. I was so tired of maxis made goggle-eyes and just plain ugly faces! Thanks!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 7:42 PM
will my downloaded pre-made sims still work if I install these faces?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 7:27 AM
hello, i had downloaded them, but i want to ask , is that your above thumbnails(a girl with pink t-shirt) will appears when i make a new sims?? becos i still saw the old faces in the body-shop, thx a lot!

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:23 AM
Amazing set! Thank you so much!
I just found out this existed xD I'm not very fond of installing whatever I see in my game, so I never search for a lot of things.
Anyways, the only bad thing is that it doesn't modify the already existing ones; neither does any other replacement templates set. And there comes my question, is there any way to change the already existing townies/npc's faces?
Because there are like 45420182522 townies and NPC's in my game already and honestly I hope that not many more are created.
So it would be amazing to apply these changes to the ugly creatures from hell, so that they get a realistic face =)
Thanks again for all your effort!

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"

Peggy's bad sister is a pirate!! hahahah
Inventor
#41 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Jessica_2020 : 28th Mar 2008 at 7:09 PM.
I really love these oepu!! Have you uploaded them anywhere else? I keep trying to download them and the stupid MTS2 server keeps screwing up. When I go to extract the files it keeps telling me corrupt and only extracts like 2 of the templates per zip!!

Edit to add: never mind, it took about 30 tries (seriously!!) to finally get non-corrupt packages!! I really can't wait to see the townies these face templates generate!! Thank you!!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Test Subject
#42 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:07 AM
They're different, but their eyes are too small for my liking lol.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th May 2008 at 8:34 PM
More elves are always a plus!
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:04 PM
Thanks so much for such hard work. The sims I create based on your face templates will breed very well, even with default game townies.
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 6:25 PM
Thanks! I've been tired of looking a way to find out how to make gorgeous Sims like everyone here, so I just downloaded these. Only one problem, theres no such thing as "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/cigen.package" in my TS2 folder. I downloaded and extracted the files, then they didn't show up so I noticed I needed to delete stuff. I deleted the CASthumbnails.package,though. I just can't find cigen.package, or unless it deleted by itself?
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 12:30 AM
I really need a default template replacement but not one where everyone is Asian.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 11:55 PM
I'm using several of these templates in my game. What I like is that they are attractive without being overly "pretty". They don't have perfect features. I have a mixture of different face templates in my game, and while I use several "pretty" templates, sometimes, I prefer a more "handsome" face on a guy than a "pretty" one. Thank you for offering us that choice!

ChibiMegamy ... Cigen is nice, but shouldn't be necessary. I don't have it in my Sims 2 folder (I had to delete it for another reason), and these faces work just fine. You tend to generate that file when you use the Body Shop. Should you use Body Shop, you'll very likely get a spanking new cigen file!
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:55 AM
Thanks so much for these. i got them in game and they work! now im not afraid of legacy challanges lol

Instructor
#49 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 9:21 AM
These are SO much nicer than the default faces. Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 12:45 PM
Thank you SO MUCH. I've been using these for a while now and I absolutely love these. Much better than any other templates I've seen.

"With the cold Northern Wind we travel
We're on a journey of a lifetime
And we'll fight many battles on our way"
Page 2 of 3