Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 23
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#251 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 11:04 PM
@NataliS
@jomsims
@Nuru

Please try the CAS Tools version attached to the comment above and let me know if it starts for you!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#252 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 2:06 AM
Cmar . thank you so so much for me with new version all play good!
Test Subject
#253 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 10:22 AM Last edited by Nuru : 24th Jul 2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: screen not displayed
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What you said isn't unclear. As I said, something else must be causing the program to close after it gives you the path error. It could be your antivirus, or could be some kind of system problem. I have no way of knowing.

You'll have to look at your system event log to try to find an error message from CAS Tools that might explain it, then if you post those messages here I'll look and see if there's anything I can suggest: https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...-in-windows-10/

Okay, I'll write down what's going on . The screenshots will show. I'm running the program.
This window appears. (Screen 1)
Click "OK"
This message appears.(Screen 2)
Click "OK"
The program is closed and nothing happens.(Screen 3)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#254 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nuru
Okay, I'll write down what's going on . The screenshots will show. I'm running the program.
This window appears. (Screen 1)
Click "OK"
This message appears.(Screen 2)
Click "OK"
The program is closed and nothing happens.(Screen 3)

Did you try the fixed version attached three comments above?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#255 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:51 AM
Thank you so much! All right now!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#256 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:16 PM
Version 3.0.0.1 uploaded to fix the issue of the program not starting on some systems.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#257 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:58 AM
Thank You Very Much for the update to this Essential program for CAS items, CmarNYC!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#258 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 2:02 AM
I just wanted to say thank you! I saw you included the sorting function in the new version, and I'm really really grateful. I like to have skin and eye swatches ordered so they don't interfere with each other but that was really time consuming when there like 50 swatches or more, haha. Anyway, thank you again! Any possibility to add it to the Skininator tool too? I tried luck and tried to open skin tone packages with this tool just for the sorting function but didn't work (as expected, I guess?). So, if you have time, I hope you consider adding it to Skininator too. Thanks again! It really will be very useful, at least for me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#259 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CodexCalaeth
I just wanted to say thank you! I saw you included the sorting function in the new version, and I'm really really grateful. I like to have skin and eye swatches ordered so they don't interfere with each other but that was really time consuming when there like 50 swatches or more, haha. Anyway, thank you again! Any possibility to add it to the Skininator tool too? I tried luck and tried to open skin tone packages with this tool just for the sorting function but didn't work (as expected, I guess?). So, if you have time, I hope you consider adding it to Skininator too. Thanks again! It really will be very useful, at least for me.

That's certainly reasonable, and I'll have to do an update to Skininator soon anyway because of game updates. It's on my list!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#260 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:55 PM
Thank you, really!!
Test Subject
#261 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:05 PM
That's certainly reasonable, and I'll have to do an update to Skininator soon anyway because of game updates. It's on my list!

I'm sorry I took so long to answer. It was not possible. I don't understand your question. I downloaded what you had here. The other is not downloaded.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#262 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nuru
I'm sorry I took so long to answer. It was not possible. I don't understand your question. I downloaded what you had here. The other is not downloaded.

Download the program again. The new version should run.

Test Subject
#263 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:41 AM
Download the program again. The new version should run.

Cmar, is there any way to lift the Sims using a big high heel without the need for a slider like the Sims 3?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#264 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Cmar, is there any way to lift the Sims using a big high heel without the need for a slider like the Sims 3?

TS3 let you attach a bone morph to the CASP, but TS4 doesn't. It does let you attach a data resource which at least in theory could link to a morph, but as far as I know no one's been able to do that.

Test Subject
#265 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:44 PM
TS3 let you attach a bone morph to the CASP, but TS4 doesn't. It does let you attach a data resource which at least in theory could link to a morph, but as far as I know no one's been able to do that.

so sad.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#266 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 12:09 PM
Just hoping it can clone a work outfit I want so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#267 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:41 PM
I tried using separate mesh layers but every time I tried to save it to an MS3D file it crashed. Otherwise, amazing tool!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#268 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xo-freya
I tried using separate mesh layers but every time I tried to save it to an MS3D file it crashed. Otherwise, amazing tool!

I got crashing with that function just the other day, will look into it as soon as I can.

Test Subject
#269 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 4:07 PM
I got crashing with that function just the other day, will look into it as soon as I can.

Okay! How is it going by the way?? :lovestruc
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#270 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xo-freya
Okay! How is it going by the way?? :lovestruc

Not bad.

If you could upload the mesh you're trying to separate that would help me with testing.

Test Subject
#271 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:14 PM Last edited by xo-freya : 28th Oct 2019 at 8:42 PM.
Not bad.

If you could upload the mesh you're trying to separate that would help me with testing.

Okay! Here: https://simfileshare.net/download/1348156/
Fixed link
FIXED LINK AGAIN SORRY I ALWAYS MESS UP
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#272 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 2:22 AM
I'm getting closer and closer to start modding sims 4. I have a lots of stuff from sims 2 which like to convert to sims 4. I'm completely lost but I realized I have to choose this tool instead of trying to learn blender. I have tones of questions but for now, I like to at least thank you for making this tool available. I see you've made a few tutorial for sims3&4 would that help me to convert sims2t4 I wonder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#273 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 7:10 AM
Love it! Also, do you have a patreon?
Mad Poster
#274 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 2:13 AM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 28th Oct 2019 at 6:03 PM.
Hello again, Cmar - I am having another reoccurring issue and I am not exactly sure if the issue lies within something I am doing or something that may need adding to your program? I apologize if this comes off rudely, there is no rude intention - I am trying to be helpful and thought maybe someone else is running into a similar problem?

Whenever I use a long skirt or a long dress (whether I do reassignments with dresses/skirts as a reference geom or don't update the assignments, I get the following result:

CAS, in game, CAStools, sims4studio and blender all show proper/okay meshing:

CAS:

In Game:

different angles

CAS Tools:

S4S:

Blender:

BUT the game generated screenshots, such as the ones for the "family" or the icons show up like this:

So it is more annoying than anything else since it functions, but I was wondering if you knew why it would do this or if there could be a fix for it?

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#275 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 5:01 PM
The mesh for the main part of the dress has too many bones - the upper limit is 60. Open the package in CAS Tools, go to the Mesh Fixing Tools tab, click the 'Remove Unused Bones' button, commit, save, test. That fixed it in my game.

Page 11 of 23