Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:17 PM
Default [Quick Question:] How do I regenerate pre-made worlds?
Do I drag off N001-2-3/G001/F001/E001 folders off "Neighborhoods" or the whole "The Sims 2 Folder" ?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:34 PM
If you just want to reset a single neighbourhood, you can just delete it (either in-game or by deleting the folder) and then copy a fresh copy over from your Program Files. The basegame 'hoods are in Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods, the others will be in the same path for whichever EP they came with.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:52 PM
In UC you will find them EP eg Apartment Life- TSData - Res - Neighborhood templates.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:24 PM
The ones in Res\NeighborhoodTemplate are the stealth 'hoods and subhood templates, the regular 'hoods are in Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If you just want to reset a single neighbourhood, you can just delete it (either in-game or by deleting the folder) and then copy a fresh copy over from your Program Files. The basegame 'hoods are in Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods, the others will be in the same path for whichever EP they came with.

What If I removed it from 'EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods' and deleted the N001, N002 and N003 instead? Would that work either way?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 5:02 PM
You can do either - moving the N00x folder out of the The Sims 2 folder, or deleting the N00x folder entirely, will have the same effect.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 5:16 PM
Doesn't the Neighbourhoods folder have to be completely empty to prompt the game to make a new version of the neighbourhoods when you run it? I have had no N001, N002 or N003 for years but because I have other neighbourhoods in there, the game doesn't make new versions of the EAxis hoods.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods' and deleted the N001, N002 and N003 instead

Going through and deleting those under Documents one at a time will result in those hoods no longer showing up, or did for me. I deleted those years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:29 PM
So, If I were to go to Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Neighborhoods and delete N001, N002 and N003, would my own created neighborhood, N004, show up at the beginning of the choose neighborhood screen, instead of on Page 2 of the neighborhood screen?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:30 PM
Yes. They show up in alphanumerical order.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)