Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Default Re: Sims 4 eBay accounts
I've been seeing these origin accounts on ebay for a while now, and they have TS4 at awfully cheap prices ($7 to $10) I really wanna get TS4 but I don't have much money, and these eBay accounts seem perfect. Now, I've checked some of the sellers, and there's tons of good feedback (on the product itself, not buying) saying "awesome, worked, thanks!" However I still have my doubts. I'm only 13, I don't really have much money. BTW guys here's two links to one of the products: https://www.ebay.ph/itm/The-Sims-4-...f8AAOSwtDdacaqJ and https://www.ebay.ph/itm/The-Sims-4-...MIAAOSwpw1afHxt Thanks! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:05 AM
I have used a good few of those recommended sellers on ebay and amazon who have long lists of great, positive feedback - adding to the feedback with my own praising comments. So, yeah, I've bought a number of dirt-cheap, legitimate codes for games via this method. So my own experience says go for it.

I was sorely tempted to looking into how to purchase bundles of cheap game codes from publishers and go into business myself doing the same thing. You've probably got to watch the publishers like a hawk and go into bidding wars with competitors for the code bundles when they're released for sale from said publishers, I should imagine.

These publishers know there are large groups of people who will never buy software at full asking price or at half price, even on huge sales. In this day and age a digital download is a digital download, so the publishers know how to get your money in the end, whatever the price range you want to spend.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
Thanks! off to buy now <3
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:06 AM
Um, how'd it go?
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I thought selling Origin accounts was a major no-no?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...nt/td-p/6049028

I can already tell you it's against their policy without even reading their policy. Steam doesn't allow it either, and I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't either.
Whether or not people actually follow this policy is up to them though. It's their account after all. If you sell yours, that's fine, but if something goes wrong, you're not eligible for any support.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:42 PM
Speaking from my own experience, if you're looking to buy a sims 4 origin ACCOUNT I strongly advise you not to. I did, back in the day thinking it was a cheap out. The seller had loads of good rep. (turned out those reviews were fake). They hack account and sell them for cheap on ebay. You get the account, change the pw and secret question and think you're home free. The original user of the account contacts EA and gets their account back, you're left with nothing but frustration.
I reported the seller and tried to get a hold of the original owner of the account to apologize ( I legit thought it was a legit goddamn account, but it was clear it wasn't once I had gotten on to the account).

I went ahead and bought the game itself instead. So yeah, if you're buying the sims 4 GAME code, then perhaps. I still recommend something like instant-gaming rather than origin. But do not buy sims 4 ACCOUNT codes.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
Speaking from my own experience, if you're looking to buy a sims 4 origin ACCOUNT I strongly advise you not to. I did, back in the day thinking it was a cheap out. The seller had loads of good rep. (turned out those reviews were fake). They hack account and sell them for cheap on ebay. You get the account, change the pw and secret question and think you're home free. The original user of the account contacts EA and gets their account back, you're left with nothing but frustration.
I reported the seller and tried to get a hold of the original owner of the account to apologize ( I legit thought it was a legit goddamn account, but it was clear it wasn't once I had gotten on to the account).

I went ahead and bought the game itself instead. So yeah, if you're buying the sims 4 GAME code, then perhaps. I still recommend something like instant-gaming rather than origin. But do not buy sims 4 ACCOUNT codes.

Buying cheap game keys from sites like G2A generally also is a bad idea. It's a grey market and it's no secret that most of these sites sell stolen or otherwise illegally obtained keys. So not only would you be locking the developers of the game out of their profit, you'd also essentially be paying criminals. I always recommend buying legitimately if you want to keep the moral high ground.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Smeg Head
#8 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:37 PM
If it were in any way, shape or form illegal, then how is it that longstanding, respected sellers, legitimate outlet sites such as ebay/amazon and the game produces themselves have not, at any stage, gone into a nuclear war in the courtrooms?

Buying from (most) noteworthy sellers via noteworthy outlets is giving noteworthy software producers their just profits. No need for a crisis of moral conscience. Being thrifty and shopping around does no put you in league with Lucifer. More risk involved of getting a dud code? Yeah, sure. More hassle to get your cash back? Of course. Lest you really are dealing with a top notch seller - who do exist. About the only thing you pay premium for is believing you will evade those two pitfalls. Then just take a look at the likes of Origin's records for fluffing up sales and non-working downloads. If you've suffered that at the hands of Origin, you're likely to believe it can't be much worse taking other avenues. Certainly much cheaper. So no Thou Shalt Feel Like A Guilty Criminal for doing such.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Origin offers Sims 4 on sale from time to time at a small sum compared to the original cost. Me, I'd get it from them first before going to a second hand dealer or one dealing with keys. Feels dishonest somehow, like it's gaming the system.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
Hi, it’s Disspleased, just on another account. My purchase went wonderfully. The account was delivered in less than an hour, I got bonus games! Would recommend
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:40 PM
Also, I agree with @coolspear1 because when you’re living in a third world country, and only 13, you gotta be thrifty better than direct piracy though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
can confirm @pissapointed is me, i was on another device (noob at using password manager)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:59 AM
I buy second-hand gamecodes 100%. never form EA. just because you can afford it, or are fine with waiting, doesn't mean everyone can. personally i always be as thrifty as possible..
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 12:53 AM
This is from my own experience. If you are looking into buying a sims 4 origin account, you thought wrong. They hack accounts and sell them for cheap on eBay. I bought 1, worked for about a week, but then after that, the owner of the account changed their pass. So do NOT DO THIS!!! I’M WARNING YOU!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 1:25 AM
Not sure which one you are looking at but this is the first listing for 4 I saw. 80% feedback is gawd awful. This seller at least is clearly not legit. And look at all that payment BS.

https://www.ebay.ph/itm/The-Sims-4-...=item41ee444c0f
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 1:45 AM
My opinion of buying on e-bay is take your money and just flush it down the toilet. I bought a radiation survey meter on e-bay that the seller guaranteed to work. It was DOA and the seller wouldn't make good on it and got very rude over it.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 2:30 AM
I have done a lot of buying and selling on ebay, but not things like that or this. Dolls and miniatures, so no issue about working electronics, etc. I have bought some DVDs and really try to make sure I am getting legit copies as so many of those are pirated/copies.

Hope you posted negative feedback Emmett.