Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2020 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 30th May 2020 at 9:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fixing broken apartment controllers
Aside from evicting the household and moving them back in, has anybody found any way to fix the apartment controller once this error starts coming up?

Code:
name: Controller - Apartment
Stack size: 5
Error: Problem executing script (Apartment - Update Object Copies): Run-time:
(none):0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
(none): in function `ClearLotApartmentObjects'
(none): in function `Apartment - Update Object Copies'

Even on a completely vanilla game, it inevitably happens at some point and continues until you hit "delete" on the error (which then borks the sublot). It's frustrating.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2020 at 7:49 PM
Update: I attempted using Chris Hatch's lot cleaner on one of my glitchy lots. After reloading, it began spamming this error until I deleted the apartment controller (which, predictably, borked the lot):

Code:
Object id: 198
name: Controller - Apartment
Stack size: 1
Error: Undefined Transition.
Iterations: 14
  Frame 0:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 26
    Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main - Apartment' version -32669
    from Controller_Apartment
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

So I'd advise against it. (Unless @Chris Hatch has more info about whether the lot cleaner can safely be used on occupied apartment sublots, in which case it's something specific to my game setup.)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 7:07 PM
I should note that for the first error (ClearLotApartmentObjects), the lot is usable if you click Reset. But it comes up every time you save and load the lot.

I suppose I could disable the debug testing cheats, but I use it for a number of other things so that'd be annoying.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 11:35 PM
I've been having the same issue
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:50 PM
According to Mootilda, the error (or at least a similar one) occurs when the game loses the association between the apartment base and its sublots. She mentioned corruption but since a HoodCheck came up generally clean I don't think it's corruption.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:02 PM
I mean, I don't think Hoodchecker can actually identify every form of corruption, just some things that are easy to see like missing character files and wrong memory references.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:30 PM
I had that kind of issue a few times with EA apartment builds and it can happen if you leave cheats turned on that shouldn't be left turned on like the bpTCe or moveobjects cheat.I stopped using the EA apartment builds because the issues were with those ones and I've never had that with my own apartments that I built though I haven't gotten any downtown outing calls at all in my more recentlgames because of a hack that disables them.
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 6:13 PM
I just saw this in another thread, but don't know the reference, but have you tried MATY's Apt fix? Sorry, I don't know the exact name. I rarely play EA apts anyway. Try going to their forum and try to find it although finding TS2 mods are like trying to find a needle in a haystack, LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:38 AM
Ironically, I only use the apartment build/buy cheats to recover objects from a borked apartment before Sims move out of them.

Aside from a few of the lots from Belladonna Cove, I don't use the Maxis apartments. I mostly use ones downloaded from MTS.

As far as I can tell, ALfixes doesn't do anything with the controllers and it breaks other things too (e.g. love letters).

Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 5:30 AM
@Bulbizarre -It might be the Belladonna Cove apartments causing the issues and it would be worse if you're also using the filled version of that town as it likely was shipped already corrupted.I would just play the empty terrain map and build my own lots in the town.I actually only use my own custom builds for apartments and have never had the controller errors with mine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 4:27 PM
If that were the case, wouldn't it only affect the Belladonna Cove apartments? It

Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 5:25 AM
I did have issues with other EA apartments from the bin the one time I tested in one of my towns though not as bad because it was built by EA and the errors were due to bad routing as is often the case in EA's builds.I've played with my own custom built apartments so many times I lost count of how many times and never once had those controller errors with my custom apartment lots.I built them from scratch and edited them over time with newer versions.