Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 7:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What did my cat do to my graphics?
Of course he plopped his butt down on the keyboard, and by the time I'd gotten him off he'd ruined my graphics settings and I have no idea how.

My sim went from this

to this

I have ReShade, but I had it disabled.

Please tell me this isn't permanent. I'm so frustrated. I worked so hard on this.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 9:56 PM
Sorry for not being of any help but that's just too funny and so relatable. If I had to guess I'd say he must have lowered your "Sim Detail", because some textures can't be displayed unless the Sim Detail setting is at "very high", but how would he do that with just the keyboard, I have no idea.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 11:18 PM
I don't have anything helpful to add here (sorry), but I do have to share a very recent story concerning one of my more tech needy users at work. She demanded to know why all of a sudden our Remote Access system, which we are all relying upon during Stay At Home orders and will do so for quite some time yet, stopped working. Except only for her, she needs it fixed NOW, and doesn't want to see any more command line and power shell prompts that suddenly started appearing for no reason. Took a while to get to the part where she stepped away from her computer and her cat walked across the keyboard several times, thus pressing just about every key and key combo imaginable.

I'm not buying that these things happen by accident. These felines know what they are doing and I believe they have social networks for communication available only to them through which they trade tips and tricks to drive their owners and those who support them nuts in a more efficient manner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Sorry for not being of any help but that's just too funny and so relatable. If I had to guess I'd say he must have lowered your "Sim Detail", because some textures can't be displayed unless the Sim Detail setting is at "very high", but how would he do that with just the keyboard, I have no idea.

It's okay, it really is funny. I THINK I figured it out, but I'm not sure. I now remember being pretty tired that night, and I think I changed the Sim's skin without being fully aware it. And after that, the cat rolled on the keyboard, and in my zombified state I blamed it on him.

To be fair to me, it wouldn't have been the first time he's screwed something up by plopping down there. He once opened over 900 Firefox windows. And the other day when I was doing a video conference from home he decided to sidle up and start eating my expensive microphone. My fault for thinking he'd stay asleep.

Either way, the Sim is looking sharp again, safe for now from my very own agent of chaos.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I don't have anything helpful to add here (sorry), but I do have to share a very recent story concerning one of my more tech needy users at work. She demanded to know why all of a sudden our Remote Access system, which we are all relying upon during Stay At Home orders and will do so for quite some time yet, stopped working. Except only for her, she needs it fixed NOW, and doesn't want to see any more command line and power shell prompts that suddenly started appearing for no reason. Took a while to get to the part where she stepped away from her computer and her cat walked across the keyboard several times, thus pressing just about every key and key combo imaginable.

I'm not buying that these things happen by accident. These felines know what they are doing and I believe they have social networks for communication available only to them through which they trade tips and tricks to drive their owners and those who support them nuts in a more efficient manner.

Hahahaha, oh, yes, they do. They absolutely have a Fuzzbook wherein this wisdom is exchanged, and no, we'll never find it.