Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why won't this config mod work for me?
NickM406 has a text mod here which I can't get to work. I downloaded the M&G file and placed it in M&G's \TSData\Res\Text folder like it said in the readme file. I see a lot of the comments saying that it doesn't work for them either, but it seems to work for most. I was thinking at first that it could perhaps have to do with what language your game was in. My game is in Swedish so I took a look at the file in SimPE, but Swedish is changed in the "EP1 Transitions & Loading Messages" STR so that's not it either :-/

Does anyone have any idea as to why this won't work for me?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
NickM406 has a text mod here which I can't get to work. I downloaded the M&G file and placed it in M&G's \TSData\Res\Text folder like it said in the readme file. I see a lot of the comments saying that it doesn't work for them either, but it seems to work for most. I was thinking at first that it could perhaps have to do with what language your game was in. My game is in Swedish so I took a look at the file in SimPE, but Swedish is changed in the "EP1 Transitions & Loading Messages" STR so that's not it either :-/

Does anyone have any idea as to why this won't work for me?

This is just a simple change to the text file. If it's not working, you are almost certainly putting it in the wrong place so that another from the game is overwriting it. What version of the game are you running? My guess is you need it in Pets. That's where my changes like this are and I run UC. I see that an M&G version was added, but afaik, that's not right. Mine are here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Text
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:31 PM
The SP9 in "Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Text" is Mansion & Garden. That file has only had US English modified (the change is in Instance 0x000000007).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:35 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Jun 2020 at 4:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I see that an M&G version was added, but afaik, that's not right.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The SP9 in "Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Text" is Mansion & Garden. That file has only had US English modified (the change is in Instance 0x000000007).

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have disc versions, not UC. I'm slightly confused by your answers haha, since I have M&G installed isn't it that file I should use? In the readme it says to put it in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Text and it's there I place it, but it's not working :-(
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:44 PM
You did put it in the right place but unless your game is in US English it won't make any change.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 3:02 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Jun 2020 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You did put it in the right place but unless your game is in US English it won't make any change.

Are we looking at the same file? Or am I looking in the wrong place? Because in the UIText file from "Mansion & Garden No Loading UI Text.ZIP" is editing all languages, including Swedish:
Screenshots
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:38 AM
Line 3 of Text List 0x00000007 is the only one that is changed, in the default code for the Swedish language it has Familjen %s which is exactly the same as your first image. That file will not do anything for any language but US English (which I also don't use).

This file NoLoadingUIText.zip (1.1 kB) will make the change you want for all languages and all/any EP/SPs, it goes into your download folder so you are not replacing a core game file.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 12:01 PM
Oh right, now I finally get it! For some reason I didn't realize "Familjen %s" was EA's original. Thank you for taking the time explaining and making that file!