Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 42
Field Researcher
#51 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:37 AM
Big BIG thanks
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Nov 2008 at 1:19 AM. Reason: Fix now included in CEP 9.1
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Havelock - If you are already extracting that diagonal, there's no need to duplicate our work: I'll wait for you to post here the package, and I'll include it in the Extra. Thanks for the continuous help

Here is unlocked diagonal Belt and fixes for the diagonal and corner LOD90. They have messed up diagonal lod it was to short and the cornerlods where on the opposite place as the real corner resulting in odd look from neighborhood view.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#53 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:44 AM
Thankyou Numenor, Lord Darcy and Havelock. I didn't realise that Havelock was meaning the same objects as I was!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 5:43 PM
[QUOTE=simsample]If you mean the OFB column, then that is part of the CEP Extra files. The column disappeared with later EPs and the CEP extra should reenable it. Check that you have the CEP Extra options installed.

Ok, reinstalled CEP making certain (even though I did the first time) that all the xtras are checked including the 2-story cement column...

And it still does not show up in my game.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!
xoxoxo
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
Quote:
Ang41187 - I'm sorry, but Maxis created the mesh in one piece; in order to make the two parts recolourable separately, I should modify the mesh (which I always avoid, unless strictly needed).
Bummer, oh well. So are the files that Havelock uploaded now included in the CEP Extra, and if not, is there any specific place we should install them? (other than the usual downloads folder that is)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:48 PM
ang41187 - Havelock's files will be included in the nex CEP update, of course
In the meantime, you can put his files in the Downloads, but remember to REMOVE them before installing the newn CEP.

Sunni9676 - The column that SimSample was talking about, and included in the CEP Extra, is descripted in catalog as "Simply Round Column Plus - Two Story by Right Angle Industries"; here is a screenshot:

It should be found in the Build catalog, in the Multi-storey columns section.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:48 PM
I actually got it to work, but I had to uninstall AL & CEP and then reinstall them again. I suppose it was just a glitch. The column is back!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 30th Sep 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Some more questions:

1) Is it possible to make unbuyable objects recolorable, like BV souvenirs / collectibles or NL date reward flowers? I realized that I use BV souvenirs a lot. It would be nice if we can have multiple color choices for those objects.

2) Is it possible to make Box subsets in Expedit TV recolorable?

3) Could you add FT Food Judging Table?

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 10:11 AM
1) Yes, the only limitation is that the recolour must be applied with the Design Tool after the object has been placed in the lot; i.e. you can recolour a collectible after placing it on a shelf (and it will stay that colour from that moment on), but the ones you find digging will be all in the default colour, until you use the Design Tool over them.

2) It's the IKEA one, right? Yes, I will add the IKEA objects later on.

3) Yes, but only the surface (I mean everything visible when there is NO contest going on); the ribbons must be blue, so to match the "Accessory - Blue Ribbon" object created in the sims inventory when they win the prize.
I actually wanted to make it recolourable with CEP8, but I missed to include it in the CEP Objects List! -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 11:01 AM
If I only have up until Bon Voyage, can I use this latest CEP for Apartment Life too?

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 11:07 AM
Yes, each CEP version is backward-copmpatible with older games.

Inventor
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:03 AM
thank you very much with the download and the info

:::OpenHouse For Sims:::
[ click here to go there ]
::check out my site for updates and freebies::
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:06 PM
thankyou for the spanish version, is so cool :D
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:07 PM
Please let me first say that I really appreciate all the time and energy you put into your programs. It is amazing what you can do, and how much you add to all of our games!

I come here today to let you know about a problem that I discovered with the new 9.0 version of the CEP. I installed the CEP the day it came out. I have used no MATY patch at all. Today I installed the EA patch and my Ergo windows suddenly lost all color choices but red. I reinstalled the CEP thinking perhaps something was accidentally overwritten by the EA patch, but they were still missing. So, I removed the GMND file from my downloads folder and suddenly all of my ERGO colors were back. Don't know if this info is any help to you, or if you need any other info, but felt it was something you should know about. Thanks again for everything Numenor!

(I was using the AnyGame Starter when this occured, in case that means anything to you.)

I am a builder of extraordinary homes, gardens of glory...(er, and I make a mean outhouse too!)

**Deepest thanks to all of you who build/create wonderful things for our simmies to enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taysana
I come here today to let you know about a problem that I discovered with the new 9.0 version of the CEP. I installed the CEP the day it came out. I have used no MATY patch at all. Today I installed the EA patch and my Ergo windows suddenly lost all color choices but red. I reinstalled the CEP thinking perhaps something was accidentally overwritten by the EA patch, but they were still missing.

If you dont own OFB remove CEP-EXTRA_OFBWindows-Fix-for-AL from your CEP-EXTRA folder the fix is only for People with OFB because AL has broken recolors for the Ergo windows.
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:04 PM
I have OFB, but thank you Havelock.

Edited to add: The Anygame configuration included all EPs except for PETS/Freetime (which I don't have) and did NOT include any SPs. So Uni, NL, OFB, SEAS, BV, and AL. That's it.

I am a builder of extraordinary homes, gardens of glory...(er, and I make a mean outhouse too!)

**Deepest thanks to all of you who build/create wonderful things for our simmies to enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taysana
I have OFB, but thank you Havelock.

Edited to add: The Anygame configuration included all EPs except for PETS/Freetime (which I don't have) and did NOT include any SPs. So Uni, NL, OFB, SEAS, BV, and AL. That's it.

I have started my Game with CEP and all Ergo windows are recolorable even in Belladonna Cove. Only Belladonna Cove windows are red now. I have patched my Game also.
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:20 PM
*Helpless shrug* I don't know what to say except I had them before, then I installed the patch today and I didn't. When I removed the GMND file from the Anygame downloads they came back. I didn't mess with any files or anything, and I did try to re-install the CEP to see if it would fix it. I'm really not trying to be a pain ...I just wanted to let you know what happened to me. I just build, and I usually build Maxis Only. I like the CEP for my personal game, not my "clean" building game, but it automatically installs it in all the Anygame configs as well. That's why I noticed it so quickly, and why I know it isn't conflicting with a "hack" or a "download"...as there ARE none in that game.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:27 AM
Default Apartment Life Patch
Just for information, the AL Patch 1 doesn't seem to fix the OFB 'Ergo' windows. You'll still need the CEP extra file to have the Maxis recolours.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:46 AM
Just to clear up this important point (the connection between the CEP and the AGS/BGS), it is true that the CEP is automatically copied into each mini-game, but the core files only: the Extras are NOT copied into the mini-games.

Therefore, a "full game" including AL, with the CEP installed and also the Extras to fix the Ergo windows should work fine (Ergo windows recolourable; old recolours usable on them even in AL).
But a "mini-game" (created with the AGS or the BGS) that includes AL, will not benefit of the Extra, and therefore the Ergo windows will be broken (not recolourable at all; existing windows revert to red).

As for the patch, I was not aware of its recent release; I will take a look at it asap (SimSample: the fact that the patch does not fix the problem with the Ergo windows does not mean that it doesn't break them again )

Tysana - Have you tried applying a recolour (using the Design Tool) over the reverted-to-red windows? Is it possible? Also, please confirm me that your problem with the reverting windows happens in your full game.

Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 1:04 AM
Ok...will take me a sec to open it up. I did try the design tool in the AnyGame, but it didn't have any options. Will be back in a few.

Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 1:18 AM
Ok...here's the deal - I reinstalled CEP, making sure I included all the extra packages. I opened my full personal game with all EPs and SPs, and the choices were available for the windows. So, I decided to check the Anygame to see if I had made some kind of CEP error. (Maybe accidentally installing a previous version of CEP or something. Embarassing, but I had to be sure.) Guess what? They're missing again. The windows that I had previously placed after removing the GMND file were still black, but the only color choice I have to place now is red...and when I try to click on the window to change the color it says that it isn't designable.

Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Taysana : 3rd Oct 2008 at 1:43 AM.
Here are the images from within the game...

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...tDesignable.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...NotDesignab.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...e/NoChoices.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: After re-reading your post Numenor, am I to understand that only the "basic" CEP files are included in the Anygame? That would certainly explain the problem. How would I go about including the "extras" in the Anygame as the CEP works excellently in the full game.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:14 AM
The CEP/AGS/BGS installers don't copy the Extra into the mini-games, because there might be a compatibility issue: the CEP installer knows that - for example - you have Bon Voyage and will allow you to install the Extras that require Bon Voyage; but the installer, of course, can't know if you then create a mini-game excluding BV (that would have problems with those Extras).

Therefore, the only solution is to manually copy selected Extras files from:
(Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA
to the Downloads folder of the chosen mini-game; but it's up to the user to carefully check if the Extras are compatible or not with the mini-game configuration.
This can be done reading the Extra documentation, that explain, for each and every extra, what objects are affected, and what EP they came with.
In this case, the Extra affects the OFB windows broken by AL, and therefore copying the file "CEP-EXTRA_OFBWindows-Fix-for-AL.package" from the zCEP-EXTRA to the mini-game is safe only if the minigame includes OFB and AL.

Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:30 AM
Thank you Numenor, and sorry to have bothered you about what appears to have been nothing. *Blush* I'll leave you be then, and thank you for everything!

Page 3 of 42