Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 -> TS3 - BV Souvenirs and Collectables

by Purplepaws Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 10:02 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2011 at 10:17 AM by Purplepaws : Added keyword

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:15 AM
This is so freaking awesome! :D
Thank you very much for converting these!
I cant wait to see more converted stuff from TS2!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:44 AM
Great, I really missed that bowl of glass or stones or whatever and shells, although I do wish that they were re-colourable because I'm all "matchy matchy" like that. ;-)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:27 AM
YAAAYYY!!! You read my mind! Thank you so much!
I was thinking the same as Paige...Can they be made recolorable? That would be awesome, but if it's not possible I still LOVE you for doing this
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Can they be made recolorable? That would be awesome, but if it's not possible I still LOVE you for doing this

It is possible, but it's lot more extra work, and some of the detail would inevitably get lost in the process. Since these were so small and pretty much had universal color schemes anyway, I opted for the simpler route. I am looking into making my next set recolorable, however.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 12:46 PM
Thanks, simply luv it! That's what I need :-)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM
Yaaay cluttery pretty little things, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:23 PM
I've had these on my game for months, can't remember where I downloaded them from though. :o
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:39 PM
They are perfect! I thought they were pictures from the sims 2! Thank You!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:02 PM
thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:21 PM
i thought that, babayaga already did these ... i think a few are different though, so i already have them, but thanks http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=374942
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:06 PM
aww thanks Purple Paws i will use these lots xox
Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:08 PM
Nice! I've been waiting for someone to convert the bowl of sea glass. I can't wait for the OFB craftables. I miss having the toy and flower craft stations around to decorate my sims' houses.

Any chance you could convert the deco things from TSS like the Barbies, jewelry boxes, perfume bottles, and stuffed animals? I know they weren't separate objects, but people were able to liberate them from the vanity, shelves, etc. to make them clutter for TS2 and I'd love to have them again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:18 PM
MAKE MORE MAKE MORE =) SO NICE i go to tell to my friends, Downloading!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:43 PM
Very cute, I already had some of them but now I have the complete set! Thanks <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:06 PM
awesome, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 7:11 PM
Thank you Thank you,these are Great!
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrinkBainne
I've had these on my game for months, can't remember where I downloaded them from though. :o

Quote: Originally posted by weeeze
i thought that, babayaga already did these ... i think a few are different though, so i already have them, but thanks http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=374942

Yes, she did, as I mentioned in my original post. But her set didn't have the original prices and descriptions, nor was it the complete set (she left out the pirate chest, colored glass, clam, and conch). There are various other differences as well, such as catalog thumbnails, environment score, and object function.

Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Any chance you could convert the deco things from TSS like the Barbies, jewelry boxes, perfume bottles, and stuffed animals? I know they weren't separate objects, but people were able to liberate them from the vanity, shelves, etc. to make them clutter for TS2 and I'd love to have them again.

I'll consider it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:01 AM
I too got Baba Yaga's Clutter stuff. Thank You purplepaws for making the set complete :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:40 AM
Thank you for converting these it is much appreciated, makes for a nice set if deco items. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 11:16 AM
Fantastic! More cute cluttery items for the house
Forum Resident
#22 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
It is possible, but it's lot more extra work, and some of the detail would inevitably get lost in the process. Since these were so small and pretty much had universal color schemes anyway, I opted for the simpler route. I am looking into making my next set recolorable, however.

Yeah, I see your point, that's ok, I'm still really enjoying them in my game

YAY!! Thanks a bunch! I can't wait to see what your next set will be!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 12:49 AM
Have you modified the drop shadow meshes on these items so that they're shaped like the objects and not like the original object they were cloned from?

Were these cloned from the small candle? It sounds like they were.
If so, did you modify the position of the root joint in the mesh?

If you didn't change the root joint, then would you mind if I used some of these meshes for the sectionals of the next version of my Chaos Modder?

Candles are one of the few objects in the game I can make physically stackable without editing their rigging, so I'd like to have some objects cloned from them to use as my sectionals.

What other objects have you cloned from the small candle, if any?
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosMageX
Have you modified the drop shadow meshes on these items so that they're shaped like the objects and not like the original object they were cloned from?

Were these cloned from the small candle? It sounds like they were.
If so, did you modify the position of the root joint in the mesh?

If you didn't change the root joint, then would you mind if I used some of these meshes for the sectionals of the next version of my Chaos Modder?

Candles are one of the few objects in the game I can make physically stackable without editing their rigging, so I'd like to have some objects cloned from them to use as my sectionals.

What other objects have you cloned from the small candle, if any?

Yes, these all have custom drop shadow meshes with new UV mapping so the shadows fit the new objects as best as possible.

I didn't clone from the candle, though, or modify the root joint. These were all cloned from either the notepad w/ pens or the daffodil vase, depending on the number of mesh groups involved.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:11 AM
Nice! Looking forward to seeing them in-game
Page 1 of 3