Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 10:12 AM
Making ghosts playable
Is there a way to make ghost sims playable in TS2?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 12:54 PM
@Chris Hatch had a hack to make ghosts controllable.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 6:57 PM
It should be available here: https://app.box.com/s/fmveh3novf30vjzfihkwpcro9zpdzbmm

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

Urn/Tombstone mod + Memorial Portrait

Apartment Life or higher required

After reading somewhere that we can't control ghosts (which we can't) I decided to fix that.
Whenever a sim completes an action/interaction they run a range of checks like critical motives before looking at what else is on their que. One of those checks is to self delete if they are dead, so if you cancel the haunt interaction and give them something else to do they're gone before they can do whatever it is you want them to do.

This changes not what they do but how they do it. The haunt action is not pushed on their queue but run as an 'alternate visitor controller'. It's run at autonomous priority +1 so they can 'break out', do whatever you instruct them then go back to haunting (you may need a mod to control visitors). While haunting sims only check their queue at the end of each haunt loop so you may wait a little while for them to obey you.

The mod comes in two versions, the main version (CJH_TombstoneUpgrade.zip) adds a couple of debug options to tombstones. One is to upgrade a stone tombstone to the gold aspiration one. That option is not available in indoor urns, for an indoor urn temporarily move it outside, update it then move it back indoors. The other option is to spawn a ghost right away, very useful for testing. That option is only available during normal haunting hours or the spawned ghost could only leave right away anyway. This also changes the odds of a ghost spawning. Normally a tombstone will only attempt to spawn a ghost once per day (an hour before the ghost appears) which means at a community lot if you are not there at that time of day no ghosts can appear. This version causes the tombstone to re-try every hour until midnight.

The light version (CJH_TombstoneUpgrade-Light.zip) just contains enough code to enable ghosts to 'break out' the haunt interaction without self deleting, it doesn't override the tombstone pie menu so will be compatible with a lot more tombstone type mods.

While I was working with cemeteries I decided I wanted a portrait of the deceased so I'd know who was who. The wall hanging (CJH_MemorialPainting.zip) will initialize itself when it begins to run it's main and take on the image of the deceased from the closest urn/tombstone to itself. If T&A or A&N is running then if the deceased is in heaven the frame will become white, otherwise it remains black. If T&A or A&N is not running then ladies get a white frame, men get black.
It is in the Wall Hangings part of the catalogue where it will appear as a plain blue picture with black frame.