Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:11 PM
Camera help for creating stories.

Hi, my name is Blake and while I've been simming it up for about 6-7 years now, you would think I would know how to do all the nifty little things that you can do in the Sims. But your wrong haha..

I decided to start a new challenge, and along with that challenge I wanted to do my very first 'story' with it and post along others to show them how I'm doing with the challenge and what my Sim is like.

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure how to take all the nifty pictures at different angles that I see everyone do so well on all of their posts. So if anyone has any links or nifty picture tutorials (I'm a visual learner ), that would be amazing, and you would be a life saver. Hopefully you guys will be able to join in on my Sims life pretty soon.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:05 PM
There are three main ways to take screenshots when pressing the c key. First two are in normal play, wherever you have positioned the camera, that's the shot it takes. I say two because in options you can turn on or turn off whether the screenshots will include the UI and in-game visual effects in the image. Meaning if you want to see or hide things such as their motive bars and thought/speech bubbles.

The third screenshot type is probably the more artistic and allows a much wider use of camera angles and zoom, even looking upward towards the sky. That is to hit the Tab key first and experiment with angles, lining up the perfect shot before hitting the c key to take the screenshot.

That's really all there is for the game without using mods.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
There are three main ways to take screenshots when pressing the c key. First two are in normal play, wherever you have positioned the camera, that's the shot it takes. I say two because in options you can turn on or turn off whether the screenshots will include the UI and in-game visual effects in the image. Meaning if you want to see or hide things such as their motive bars and thought/speech bubbles.

The third screenshot type is probably the more artistic and allows a much wider use of camera angles and zoom, even looking upward towards the sky. That is to hit the Tab key first and experiment with angles, lining up the perfect shot before hitting the c key to take the screenshot.

That's really all there is for the game without using mods.

Thank you so much for your reply What kind of mods would you suggest to help me more with taking pictures to make the best story pictures.