Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 5:50 PM
Default What if Sims 2 Seasons was re-released?
Features:

Previous threads:

University

Nightlife

Open for Business

Pets
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 7:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Nov 2023 at 3:07 PM.
- Umbrellas when it rains.
- Option to set different outerwear (and more options for clothes in various categories in general - at least 2-4 outfit options for each category), so you can have rain clothes AND winter wear without having to change them up. Maybe one for hot/sunny weather, too (Could be different than everyday wear).
- Generally more options for growable plants/trees.
- Option to sell fruits/veggies/fish in bulk (selling them one by one seems weird).
- Juicing as a business option
- Using the actual fruits/veggies/fish as ingredients you need for a recipe, and not just "fresh produce" in a recipe (like you can with some of the fish and the juicer). Would be nice for making cakes/pies/etc.
- Pumpkin carving (with growable pumpkins)
- Optional seasonal celebrations (similar to Christmas, Halloween, etc. and would be nice with other traditions too)
- Flowers being able to grow from seeds to full plants
- Making more seasonal dishes/cookies, and baking (yes, I want actual cookie/gingerbread cookie baking, not just stirring a bowl, shoving it into the oven, and out comes frosted cookies).
- Gingerbread house decoration (with fun variations and potential failures XD)
- Seasonal house decorations for indoors/outdoors
- More snow activities (building snow castle, skiing, sledding, making snow lights, etc.)
- More activities for toddlers (pulling them on a sled in winter, splash pool in summer, playing in leaves in the autumn...)

(I know a lot of these exist as CC, but would be nice if they were part of the EP and not under current limitations).
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 8:52 PM
A heating system for the house with radiators and energy consumption and cost. Maybe a graphical overlay of the coverage.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 10:07 PM
I would love if more TS1 features were re-implemented. For example: being able to buy seeds from a stand on community lots. The beehive, butter churn, nectar maker (+grapes and elderberry plants), and canning station from TS1 are also sorely missed and would be perfect for a re-released Seasons EP. Then possibly adding more functionality to the skunk or perhaps more NPC pest animals (if the player has Pets installed) to bother your garden. Though annoying, it would provide more incentive to protect your plants with a fence or a greenhouse and give scarecrows an actual purpose besides scaring sims.

Plantsims are cool but can get boring to play as they have such few needs. I'm not sure how we would improve that as I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I know some people don't like how you can't send plantsims to college (no teen life stage) so maybe add in the missing life stages but significantly shortened to keep with the overall shorter lifespan?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 11:08 PM
Quote:
Umbrellas when it rains.

Good news!

there is now an umbrella for immersive rain: https://modthesims.info/d/669504/im...-29-08-22.html:

https://velcositro.tumblr.com/post/...a-for-immersive

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#6 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 12:04 AM
Well, you don't spend any significant amount of time in university as a teen and become an adult immediately. You could go to college with a small mod. But I don't think seeing supernatural people in public is realistic. I don't like how there is no continuity between the ages. Seems like they didn't have time to draw a clothes set for teen.

I don't get how so much Pesticides are needed when tending plants. And they somehow promote the creation of a plantsim, even though plants become sad after application. Whatever creates the plant life should be suppressed in the person as well. Tending plants is a full time job and might require a bed near the garden. And then you drink a pesticide and it becomes easy.

Outdoor environment should be more hostile. I recognize that they couldn't redesign existing community lots with an expansion pack. But I wouldn't want to see stereos and pianos under rain. They should break quickly. I think the Immersive Rain mod is too extreme. Requiring outerwear in summer is not right, and one doesn't get sick with infectious disease immediately in summer. A soaked coat would do you no good. I'd like it to affect mostly fragile objects that can absorb water.

Deep snow at temperature above -30 units should negatively affect people. It melts immediately and soaks their pants and boots. We could be able to shovel snow off the walkway. And that should increase the body temperature massively. Currently physical effort like during a snowball fight doesn't add enough temperature and people can still get the blue skin.

Another fix I think I've made, but I'm not entirely sure yet, is to run the climate controller on commlots. If you go to a commlot in winter, the temperature decays to zero, snow disappears and some people forget their outerwear.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 12:52 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Nov 2023 at 3:07 PM.
- Snow shoveling would absolutely be an interesting addition.
- Snow-covered cars that needed to be cleaned off (with consequences when it comes to getting to work in time, for instance).
- Mud puddles in the autumn/spring after rain.
- A lot more done for plantsims, and some proper genetics wouldn't be out of the question, instead of relying on the ideal plantsim for everything. I wouldn't mind a full plantsim family (babies included).
- Sims being able to stay outside in hot/cold weather for much longer without getting the overlay or freezing/getting sunburned, even when dressed appropriately (the sims team seems to think a couple or so hours is too much - always annoyed me, so I'm currently using mods to combat all the weather issues).
- Make heavy snow and weather less of a problem for rendering (snow used to be a sure way of pink-flashing on my old computer, so had to mod out weather completely unless I needed it for pictures, which I found very annoying).
Inventor
#8 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 4:21 AM
A thermometer and barometer object on a wall. It could double as a control center for the heating if you have electric, and other power and security management.
More steps in the personal feeling thermometer like in Castaways to warn you when you're approaching a skin change.
The temperature should have an effect on the environment factor, which is usually not impacted by anything in practice except radioactive plates.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 6:44 PM
Plantsims are alright, but this would've been a good pack to introduce fairies. Produce should've been edible on its own. They introduced this in Castaway stories, where Sims could simply pick and eat fruit. We also should've gotten the wadeable/swimable ponds of Castaway Stories. Festivals to mark every season, with seasonal activities.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Nov 2023 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Plantsims are alright, but this would've been a good pack to introduce fairies.

That is to say, real fairies, not just regular Sims with goofy face makeup. Midgethetree did some work with that idea, but I haven't tried it out.
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Nov 2023 at 4:57 AM
So much potential here! I think for me is that there needed to be a bit more things to do. Now, this is a fine line between Seasons and BV, but we could have gotten more winter and summer activities like snowboarding and volley ball, to give a nod to TS1. And yes, nectar making, I had forgotten about that! Makin Magic had some baking, too. Now with some more thoughtful planning we could have gotten a longer list of growable plants and items to use as ingredients, and then in FreeTime we could have expanded on the Cooking hobby and done Canning, Baking, etc., using the ingredients from Seasons. But I don't think the developers really thought about EPs like that.

But there are still a lot of options here. For example, we could have gotten a new party type for fall. The Holiday Pack introduced the idea of a special party (New Year's)--we could have gotten costume parties. There are already so many costumes in the game already; would have made them useful. And we could have gotten pool parties for summer, though at least there's a mod for that. And they could have given us objects to make carnivals and festivals! More food stalls, rides, and game booths--think kissing booth, whack-a-mole or a shooting gallery, etc.

And we should have gotten much more plants for lots and for neighborhood deco. There could have been a focus on outdoors with this EP. Like yes, there's weather, but not a ton of activities. We should have gotten swimmable lakes, and a skate-able pond for winter since we got ice skating. We could have gotten stuff for the terrain, things to make hills or grasses so that players could make forests and wooded areas. We could have gotten some critters, lizards, snakes, or pests for the garden like in TS1. Treehouse for kids. Market stalls to make farmer's markets. Oh, more campfire activities. Like why can't sims tell ghost stories around the fire?

Finally, we should have gotten more lots in Riverblossom. I've spoken about this before, but I'm really disappointed with Riverblossom. Compared to other neighborhoods, it really seems lacking and I think part of that is because of the lack of lots. I don't even wish for more characters for the hood, just more places to go. Do you realize we didn't get one pre built roller rink or ice rink? We get three bowling alleys in NL, but one skating venue is apparently too much to ask for...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Nov 2023 at 1:37 PM
Have the weather not have lethal lightning that the sims are lightning rods for. I'd hate to live in that world whenever a storm comes up every sim attracts lightning strikes. I feel sorry for large gatherings. :D