Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:24 AM
Default Brokenshire Mansion Bed and Breakfast
The history of the Brokenshire mansion is haunting and dark. Deaths happened in this house, and if you believe the stories it is still haunted by an evil African spirit. So of course it was renovated and made into the delightful bed and breakfast! For a small fee you and your family can stay overnight in the bedroom of Lord and Lady Brokenshire, the bedroom of their three daughters, or even the room of their son who as the story goes was possessed by the evil spirit who dwells within the large African tree in the atrium of the house. And yes, the house features the original tree, the same one that George Brokenshire brought from Africa to soothe his wife. It's dead now, and nothing will grow in the ground around it. Curious yet? Do you wish to hear the tale? Lets see if you believe the ghost story of the Brokenshire Mansion.

The Full Sad Story of The Brokenshire Mansion

Front-
The home's street front features a spacious front porch with plenty of seating, marble columns, and several false balconies.

Floor plans-
The ground floor most prominently features a large atrium which still contains the dead tree which was transplanted from Africa when the house was built. It also has a half bathroom, a living area, a sitting area, and a kitchen with dining area.

The middle floor of the house is simple. It has an open floor plan with a large cut out in the middle, an extension of the atrium which allows the tree to be seen from this floor as well. This floor also has a a sunny knowledge nook with seating and a chess table and the master bedroom which has it's own master bath and a private balcony.

The third floor contains a full bathroom, a large study with it's own rather large balcony, a single room for a young boy, and a larger room designed for three young girls which features a personal balcony.

Living Room-
The living room on the first floor is only one of many sitting areas in the house. This one features plenty of natural light from the wide windows and a full bar for entertaining.

Kitchen-
This large kitchen was originally built to feed a family of six and all of their help from nannies, to gardeners, to tutors. It is fully equipped to handle whatever hungers the guests of a bed and breakfast feel. Guests can choose to have their meals served in their rooms or eat at the large dining table in the kitchen.

Bedrooms-
The master bedroom is decorated in red and is one of the more haunted rooms in the house. it is large and comfortable, hence Lady Brokenshire spending so much time here when she was sick. But I'm sure she's moved on by now....

The bedroom of the Brokenshire's three daughters: Georgia, Carolina, and Virginia, is a calming lavender and is the calmest rooms in the house. Let me remind you that the the Brokenshire girls where the only survivors of the horrors that happened oh so long ago.

Garden-
Being an English man Lord Brokenshire had to have a proper English garden on the grounds of his home. The roses still bloom to this day in every color imaginable and the smell is so sweet it can be sensed all throughout the house.

Atrium-
The fabled atrium is at the center of the large house. As you can see the dead tree still stands as it has for over one hundred years. As you can also see the ground surrounding it is as barren as the tree, as if it poisoned the ground around it.

We at the bed and breakfast do hope you'll come out and stay with us. Remember, what you don't believe in can't harm you. At least that's what they say. Why don't you come to prove it? Or will the Brokenshire Mansion make a believer out of you?

No CC used in this house.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sulyuki
Seriously? My lack of gardening skills in TS2 is why I haven't bothered trying in TS3 until the contest.

And thank you Bchbch Walk.

You'd better not quit trying now since I love what you did with the place. If I had to describe your house and garden in a single word it would be "elegant", I love it.

Keep up the good work!

Hmm, for some reason I just have to add this turtle, don't ask me why, I just have to!

This turtle doesn't have a hidden meaning on this site, does it? I hate to imply something I am not, it's just that whenever I write something I see that turtle and couldn't resist adding it any longer!
The other one
#228 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
That's great to know, HP. I panicked and I just tore down what I had and rebuilt everything. I'm gonna be cutting it close this time. I've been having a beast of a time with this one.

OMG lifeslover, I'm so sorry for causing such a panic, I was only trying to be helpful Hope you managed to rebuild your house without too much hassle or at least saved a cxopy of the old one

If it makes you feel any better I've spent the last few days struggling to come up with something I like because I thought I wasn't allowed to cover the hole. I didn't do what I wanted to do because of it which was a 2 storey aquarium through the centre of the house and now I don't have time to change it

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#229 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:04 AM
Sure you do missroxor! Your house looks great so far and if it just the aquarium, you can do it! I have faith in your building abilities.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#230 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
OMG lifeslover, I'm so sorry for causing such a panic, I was only trying to be helpful Hope you managed to rebuild your house without too much hassle or at least saved a cxopy of the old one

If it makes you feel any better I've spent the last few days struggling to come up with something I like because I thought I wasn't allowed to cover the hole. I didn't do what I wanted to do because of it which was a 2 storey aquarium through the centre of the house and now I don't have time to change it

Oh, don't worry at all. I miss the staircase I made (a grand staircase with two connecting stairs), but what I had just wasn't very practical or pretty. I like what I've got now so much more.

I've had such difficulty with this one, but I finally feel like I've got something worth keeping and continuing with now. Hopefully I'll be able to finish by the deadline.

If anything, I should thank you. If you hadn't have said what you did, I wouldn't have had the guts to just rip it all out and start over.

And I love what I've seen so far of your entry. Your aquarium idea was nothing short of genius. I'm going for a sort of indoor jungle feeling, so I'll be playing around with the fog emitter probably all day tomorrow in an attempt to create some mist and steam.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#231 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:33 AM
I'd love to see your staircase Lifeslover! Sounds like something the house I am working on at the moment could use.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:35 AM
Default Exhibits..
After many years spent adventuring through Time, Dr Watt decided to settle down and leave the more strenuous Time travelling to his younger fellows. Some searching revealed a nice quiet moon where he found an old foundation, seeing potential he immediately commissioned the nearest Intergalactic Construction company he could find to build him a home.

It needed to be large enough to house all the relics and memorabilia he had accumulated from all his adventures travelling when and where as well as both Dr Watt himself and his trusty assistant Miss Kay Nyne. And so "Exhibits" was born, a stark metal home built on a low gravity moon, the greys and blacks of the home's construction and the bleak rocky landscape punctuated with bursts of colour from rare statues and collectibles.

Street View

Floor Plans

Livingroom

Kitchen
Dr Watt and his trusty assistant Kay Nyne enjoy a futuristic salad!

Bedroom

Bonus Shots
Dr Watt sits in front of his "Desert Island" exhibit, the centerpiece of the house!

Kay Nyne is impressed by interesting statue

The Vorn Stallion, transportation from a far more primitive time, the Dr brought this beauty back and sealed it in a special enclosure outside the house (often called a "garage" in days gone by). Rumour has it he has fitted it with a gravity stabilizer and more modern internal propulsion system (while still retaining the external beauty) so it can be used on the moon he calls home!

No CC used!
Other content includes various items from all 3 packs (WA, HELS and Ambitions) as well as a number of EA Store items such as the Renault Twizy Eco Pack, Collector's Edition / Preorder "Vorn Stallion" car, Earth Day plants and probably a few others.

Lot Details
2 Bedrooms
1 Bathroom
Kitchen / dining room
Livingroom
Hobby / workout room (not pictured)
Car Exhibit / Garage
Nature Exhibit (not pictured)

Lot Size 30x30
Lot Price - $206,793 (F) / $111,858 (Unf)

Side Notes
This fine Exhibit was constructed on a low gravity moon, as a result there are a number of craters in the yard as well as a plethora of floating rocks that hang aimlessly around the lot at various heights. There are many items to see inside the house as well as the garage exhibit and a fountain / bench "Nature" exhibit (pictured only in the floor plan view) as part of the landscaping.
Forum Resident
#233 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
I'd love to see your staircase Lifeslover! Sounds like something the house I am working on at the moment could use.

Well, it was really big, so it took up the entire area off to the right (you know, that long stretch of foundation on the right?). In the end, I just had to delete it so I could make room for a kitchen and a dining room that didn't have to be on the second floor. I didn't take any pictures of it, but it was relatively easy to make, so it wouldn't be hard to recreate.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Top Secret Researcher
#234 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:42 AM
A house on the moon. I'm amazed And it's perfect made for what a house on the moon would be too!

This makes me want a space neighbourhood lol. How cool wouldn't that be. Seasons something expansion for TS3 (so that sims change to outerwear), make outerwear be space helmet and suit and custom neighbourhood with special houses and that :lovestruc

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#235 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:14 AM
I love the little desert island!!!

Lab Assistant
#236 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:21 AM
Feldynn if I had total control of the jury you would have won right now, that house is simply brilliant!
Top Secret Researcher
#237 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:56 AM
Any chance you could post some more pictures of your house in the chat thread Feldynn?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Any chance you could post some more pictures of your house in the chat thread Feldynn?

It'll have to be tomorrow now, no time before bed unfortunately (11pm while I'm posting this) but I'll do my best to get a few alternative shots posted over in the Chat thread in the morning .
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
Crap... I have to furnish my home by tomorrow, but I will be away from the computer most of the day. Oh man. Also, we have some real suckers (storms) coming my way, and chances are that my basement will flood and/or power will go out. Greeeat.

Some of the new posts are looking amazing. So jealous!!!!

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Forum Resident
#240 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:09 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 5th Aug 2010 at 10:43 AM.
Default Lolviya
Lolviya..

Lolviya needed a holiday. So will a great deal of thinking, she went off to Jamacia, and had the most perfect holiday ever in history.

Back at home, she was trying to discover how to make some more simoleons. KACHING (flashing lightbulb), Lolviya decided that day that she would buy a peice of land, in Jamacia.

This is the result of all the brain storming. When Lolviya isn't visiting the carrabean paradise, she rents it out all year round (because this is Sim land after all, it's summer all year round!! WOOP)

This beautifull resort home contains:
Large Living space.
Small inside kitchen (just incase)
3 bed rooms, all with their own contained bathrooms.
Office.
Large outside living area (with the most beautiful veiw)
and of course a single garage, no rusty cars here.

No CC used

Lab Assistant
#241 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 12:12 PM
Whoah, a lot of contestants have entered their entries, and so many are just amazing! Fyendiar's, Gail.wyness', Sulyuki's, Feldynn's, and so many others. Man, I don't even know if I should bother entering mine... Oh well, the thing's fully built already, so might as well. I'm gonna make some last minute touch-ups and upload it here before it's too late!

Sulyuki, if that's what you can build when you don't know what you're doing, then I'm very, very afraid of what you might build when you do know what you're doing!
Mad Poster
#242 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:18 PM
Wonderful entries everyone!
I've not got mine done yet. In fact I only really started yesterday and am still making stuff up as I go along. Hopefully I will get it in by the end of today.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#243 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:19 PM
I agree BGatot that's a fabulous entry Sulyuki. One of my favorites. Which I have many.

And Feldynn I definitely love yours as well.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#244 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:31 PM
I am for the first time since I finished school feeling what it's like to work with a deadline, lol. Hate it

Inventor
#245 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:32 PM
I've been waiting to see yours Kaospilot since I loved your first 2 entries so well lol

Top Secret Researcher
#246 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 4th Aug 2010 at 2:56 PM.
Ah don't get your hopes up :/

(Edit: Half my post didn't show up for some reason )

I'm not one who comes up with fancy cool themes, just build everyday sims houses. But I'm really glad you like them both I'll post it up tomorrow I think.

Alchemist
#247 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:15 PM
Default R3 - Villa di città
For the R3 my entry is a very elegant and luxurious villa, in a subtle modern and classical way.
The Villa lies in a quiet and popular zone but also near to the downtown.
In my game this building is home of the private study of Jerome Stone, a private investigator and it's designed for a single or a couple.

Ground floor: entrance hall with large open spaces and living room (very comfortable place when at the end of the day J. Stone finally sit in front of the TV and the fire is warming the night), kitchen with another fireplace, bathroom). The study has its own entrance.

Upstairs: bedroom with fireplace (another very warm room, expecially when J. Stone has someone spending the time together ... playing guitar, what did you think?), large bathroom and stairs to the fitness room (and I can't believe how cool it is!)

Lovely pool built a level down from the garden, with a relaxing area. Another conversation area in the meadow.
Stone balconies all over the house.
Alarms in discrete points.

NO CCs, only Store contents, mostly free.

... I will enjoy this hours of testing before starting the R4.

Street view

Kitchen

Bedroom

Hall

Living area

one bathroom

Study

Fitness room

Plan 1

Plan 2

Plan 3

Plan 4
Inventor
#248 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
I'm not one who comes up with fancy cool themes, just build everyday sims houses. But I'm really glad you like them both I'll post it up tomorrow I think.

Don't feel bad mine aren't fancy themey either lol

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#249 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:38 PM
I agree with Greenlea. Definitely waiting to see what you come up with.

Lab Assistant
#250 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:20 PM
Well i just finished. I took pictures (Thank God i did), went to save and the game closed.. There goes most of my work . I hate you EA and that has been at least the 8th time i said that today. I hope everyone is having better luck than i am with my game.

Page 10 of 13