Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:31 PM
Default weather?
Is weather features going to be included in this EP
i'm not sure if anything has been said about it on S2C
but i was reading this review type of thing and saw something

Quote:
Animals, like Sims, have wants and needs, memories, learned behaviours and even special interests which include: Playtime, Scary Things, Weather, Food, Toys, Outside and Sleeping.

interesting!
any info, please tell me!
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:38 PM
I was about t osay something like this! In a video of Nintendo Gameboy pets, there was clouds moving. I'm not sure if that game with the base Sims 2 on Nintendo though.
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanie
I was about t osay something like this! In a video of Nintendo Gameboy pets, there was clouds moving. I'm not sure if that game with the base Sims 2 on Nintendo though.

i dunno! i'm getting kinda excited about this though.
I would think it would be big enough to put in the first released preview though.
#4 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:41 PM
Yeah i doubt weather will be in this pack. It'd like have a pack of its own everybody wants it so badly A vacation pack most likely. And yeah, if it was included, it would so be said by now!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:49 PM
Nah, sims already have weather as an interest. It just has them talking about the weather--you see little cloud and snowflake symbols in their speach bubbles. I guess it's just the same for pets?
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meems
Nah, sims already have weather as an interest. It just has them talking about the weather--you see little cloud and snowflake symbols in their speach bubbles. I guess it's just the same for pets?

oh yea.... silly maxis, why would you have them think about weather when their is none?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:00 PM
Weather was originally going to be included in the game, but there were bugs so it was cancelled. However some of the weather stuff was still there, such as weather conversations and on the reaction tester, the option 'Rain'. They put their palms up and 'feel the rain'.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#8 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak
on the reaction tester, the option 'Rain'. They put their palms up and 'feel the rain'.
Is the reaction tester part of boolProp?
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak
Weather was originally going to be included in the game, but there were bugs so it was cancelled. However some of the weather stuff was still there, such as weather conversations and on the reaction tester, the option 'Rain'. They put their palms up and 'feel the rain'.

mmhh i read somewhere about it being originally in game, but eventually dropped.

and i always wondered about the 'feel the rain' action. its a part of the hula hack.
#10 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:07 PM
I am so kept in the dark about these things! Is this all a part of boolProp? I've always wondered if there was a thing like a hula hack.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:08 PM
Yep, it's a boolprop option.

28/11/07
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:12 PM
But I would advise you not to test it. BoolProp is highly dangerous. It slowly corrupts and crashes your game. Just to let you know...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:19 PM
Yep. I've got to stop using it. I used to heaps, before I knew the consequences, not so much any more :D

28/11/07
#14 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:28 PM
You can get weather on www.pc-sims.de.

register there and put me (ariffrazalin) as your referral :D.. then, go to "featured hack" and download weather controller,,

It's not just rain.. It's season.. it mean your sim can have summer, spring, antumn and weather.. surprisingly.. in winter.. you will get "REAL SNOW" ~~~ woohoo!!
#15 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:27 PM
What do you mean bool prop messes up your game like te allow45degree angle one does? Sorry to be such a newb
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:05 PM
no no, testing cheats enabled
its really bad
it messed up my dressers. i know that, but was able to fix it.
and i think it messed around with 3ed story's in houses. boooooooo to boolprop.
use InSim, it had everything boolprop has.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:37 PM
you can get a weather machine at simslice.com - it's pay but not that expensive and has a lot of other good quality stuff
Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:48 PM
Maybe it's just me; but this sounds like the kind of thing they'd announce
Unless they're just giving us a..major..surprise?
#19 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:22 PM
Wonder what icons will be for Scary Things

Actually

I wonder how they'll do that... think dogs will bark at each other with little thought bubbles of conversation? Think dogs will speak feline and vice versa?
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:24 AM
Good question...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
But I would advise you not to test it. BoolProp is highly dangerous. It slowly corrupts and crashes your game. Just to let you know...

No it doesn't- the worse thing that can happen by using the testing cheats is that you can inadvertently spawn an off world object that affects the lot, but even this can be reversed if you exit without saving. The only cheat that could be really detrimental is the delete all characters cheat, but even that one isn't scary if you back up your game regularly (and any way, why would you type that in if you didn't want to delete all characters??) I really get annoyed when people say thngs like 'boolprop can mess up your game'- I've been using the testing cheats for two years with no corruption or game crashes. The biggest problem people have is by clicking things they don't understand and then saving the game (like, give dead token? Oh, let's do that then save the game....) and also by using about 300 hacks which all conflict with each other. There are plenty of guides on how to use the testing cheats correctly over on MTS2, and after all- they are TESTING cheats, they aren't supposed to be used all the time.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:33 PM
Yeah..I've been using BoolProp almost non-stop for the past 10 months or so, and it hasn't harmed one hair on my game's head (so to speak) except like what simsample said, a few times, it's caused reversible harm on some lots because I was exploring it, but other than that..
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:34 PM
i do use boolprop from time to time and have only had one mishap that i still cant figgure out and i'm not even sure it was boolprop related...one area of the lot constantly startled any sim in the area, no icon showed in the cue, and i searched the entire lot grid trying to find out what was up. i finally fixed this by moving the lot into the lots and houses bin then returning it to same lot... but more often i use boolprop to FIX things...like a recent download that got stuck. nothing would remove it ...not even move_objects on...or deleating the floor it was sitting on...so i called up the testing cheats and had a sim force error on the offending object then deleated it...end of trouble... so boolprop isnt all bad...

now as for the weather. i really hope they figgure out what the trouble is with the weather and fix it ...it would be so cool to have seasons...im kinda stumped about why they cant get it to work, i have vampire the masqurade : bloodlines and it has weather good believable weather...im thinking it might be something to do with the fact the sims lots are one "game area" (hence the micacle of indoor rain storms)...where as in VTM:B the outdoor areas and indoor areas are seperate requiring a loading screen between indoor and outdoor...can you imagine how annoying that would be for the sims?...anyways im crossing my fingers and hoping for weather at some point but i really doubt it will be in the pets exp

smokepanther

"sticks and stones may break my bones ...but whips and chains excite me...uhhh...come to think of it...so do sticks and stones"
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:58 PM
It sometimes seems like I'm the only person who doesn't really care about weather for my Sims. It just doesn't interest me that much, and I see all different types of weather too often in real life.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#25 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:02 PM
I can take it or leave it, personally. It would be nice to have but I won't be bothered if it doesn't show up.
Page 1 of 2