Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5676 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 7:00 PM Last edited by grammapat : 11th Aug 2020 at 7:38 PM.
Default default skins
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
body types, hair colors, and skin tones... ugh!

I wish the game had more dark skin tones. #1, #2, and #3 are all pretty light- sometimes I can't differentiate #1 from #2. Luckily someone converted the dark skin tone from Castaway stories to TS2 and geneticized it, so that solves that problem. But I always wish there were more genetic hair colors. I have dirty blonde hair, exactly in the middle between blonde and brunette. I'd love to have Sims with dirty blonde hair. And the body diversity in the game is incredibly lacking. I just wish my Simmies could have more variety in these ways.

=====
I am trying out a set of skins by Virtual Alex (here on MTS); he made 49! skins, geneticized & townified. I only have 11, but will change it; his dark skins are SUPER dark, and there are too many in my hood. Also it looks like my default aliens don't come out right; I have LOTS of alien skins (some geneticized) that now never show up.
=========
Sorry if double posting because of responding to more than one post is bad.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#5677 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 11:59 PM
When you accidentally have a reset for no reason that not only makes you have to reinstall ACR and rerun the randomizer (at least this gaveme the opportunity to increase me numbers of gay and bi Sims), but also reset the Sim Blender so now you have to reset that for every single Sim!
Scholar
#5678 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 10:23 PM
Pregnant werewolves cannot do werewolf actions. But they're savaging for two!
#5679 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 2:32 AM
Aemilia Romana has had 4 sets of twins thanks to both her and her husband having the fertility perk. Here she is giving birth for a fifth time, and I'm expecting both of their "Have 10 Kids" wants to be fulfilled. It was one baby!! Argh!! Sorry Aemilia, you've still got one pregnancy left.
Mad Poster
#5680 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 4:59 PM
My Dodge residents in the BACC have a ton of work to do on the community service center to get it expanded enough to fit in a toddler nursury area to allow sims to bring their little ones before they can lift the conterception requirement and finally be allowed to try to have babies.It's likely to be a rule that babies can't be born if there's nothing to accomodate them on any community lots as my sims almost always take toddlers along on outings unless one adult is staying home.
Mad Poster
#5681 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 10:50 AM
Houses with basements.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#5682 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 2:56 PM
Trying to make an A frame house and the game only allowing for 90 degree angle walls.
Mad Poster
#5683 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:28 PM
Sims having to hire babysitting services before adding a Mod to allow them to take the toddlers along to community lots was installed.I've not had that issue for so long I almost forgot what it was like to not have any choice except to get a sitter for that toddler and sometimes leaving one adult at home because they couldn't afford the sitter.
Lab Assistant
#5684 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 5:02 PM
Don't know if it has already been said but when graves are sideways from the neighborhood view. Oftentimes when you place a grave on a lot it will want to be facing a certain way and the neighborhood view does not always represent what is looks like on the lot. That's why I downloaded clickable graves to cover up the already existing graves to they all face the same direction.
Top Secret Researcher
#5685 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Trying to make an A frame house and the game only allowing for 90 degree angle walls.

Just use a roof for the whole thing.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#5686 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:00 PM
Sims no reacting to heavy rain when they're outside like they do during hails.
Scholar
#5687 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 6:42 AM
Sometimes my own mistakes! I've installed something that has stopped the semester clock on community lots in Uni. This does not fit in with my style of play. I've not added anything lately that even has anything at all to do with Uni so I have no idea where to begin. *banging my head on desk* The only thing I've added was a friendly break up mod, a couple of party mods and nonflammable xmas tree mod. Let me tell you this really make me go Grrrrr.....
Mad Poster
#5688 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 4:26 PM
One was how fast semesters used to flash by when I was playing on campus in my old unmodded games on my old computer.I could never get anything done if they were allowed to try everything campus related out as that left no time to get the best grading and left them at risk of flunking out.I won't have to worry about that anymore with the hacks to fix that issue by freezong the clock for breaks and restarting it again when they've had a long enough break.
Alchemist
#5689 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 4:48 AM
Decorating mansions. Sorry, Consort, but I'm just going to have to finish Capp Manor some other time. If I decorate one more bathroom today, I just might lose it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5690 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 4:41 PM
Having too many limitations of how much you can do in a newly started town and getting so bored that you try to grow it too fast and start getting lotst and confused about what should be happening with the sims or you end up failing to progress some families while others move ahead too far.That's why I'm writing out BACC rules and making sure I can follow them so I get to build my town up.
Field Researcher
#5691 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Having too many limitations of how much you can do in a newly started town and getting so bored that you try to grow it too fast and start getting lotst and confused about what should be happening with the sims or you end up failing to progress some families while others move ahead too far.That's why I'm writing out BACC rules and making sure I can follow them so I get to build my town up.
\

I've honestly never tried a BACC, or a complicated challenge, especially because of this. It seems like a lot of work - I am always impressed by those who can stick with it.

Keep is up, and have just a couple exceptions so it doesn't frustrate you too much, or play a different hood for the variety you need.
Scholar
#5692 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 5:55 PM
@TadOlson The one time I tried a BACC many many moons ago, I had a similar issue. I set up a strict farming only community in the Riverside falls set. Spent an enormous amount of time gathering CC and making all the sims and once I finally got in there to play it I found it kind of boring and I lost my prime directive. Your Dodge actually sounds interesting you have really good ideas on how to make spaces function, I really like your service lots idea. I agree with Coriel though you might want to have a different hood to play occasionally just for a bit of variety.
Mad Poster
#5693 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:33 PM
I've decided that some of the drama I can't use as a story to play out in my game can be used to make a backstory for why a cuple came to the town and made the decision to start over with their lives or why they went so far from their home and family.I'll use some ideas I have like using the Simloical prision tags to act out some of my sims being snowed in at home or quarentiend for an old illness like in the old days.I'll play out them having a drought and the fears that crops might fail or that they might run out of water and not be able to continue living there.It might be flooding from too much rain for too long or too much snow traps them at home.Econimic struggles and the drama of forming a collective community are also possiblities as I have a Mod to get families together to meet each other and get to know each other.
Mad Poster
#5694 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 12:36 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 10th Sep 2020 at 1:02 PM.
I've probably whined about this before, I can't remember, but I'm sorting neighbourhood deco so I'm gonna complain anyway about creators who don't change the name of the thing they cloned hood deco from. This log is not a Road Arch. That water tower is also not a Road Arch. And those traffic lights? Not a Road Arch either!
ETA: On that note, everything doesn't have to be a landmark. If it's a rock or a tree, perhaps consider putting it in the stone or flora categories, that's what they're there for.
Forum Resident
#5695 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Decorating mansions. Sorry, Consort, but I'm just going to have to finish Capp Manor some other time. If I decorate one more bathroom today, I just might lose it.

Oh, that made me think. My bathrooms always look one of two ways - pristine, white, and boring, or black, chic, and marbled. Which, when you think about it, isn't that 'chic' if EVERYONE has it. I need to put more character into them...

ETA:
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I've probably whined about this before, I can't remember, but I'm sorting neighbourhood deco so I'm gonna complain anyway about creators who don't change the name of the thing they cloned hood deco from. This log is not a Road Arch. That water tower is also not a Road Arch. And those traffic lights? Not a Road Arch either!

Yes, I totally agree with you on that! As much as I love their content, I find that leoz94 is particularly notorious for this. I suppose I can deal with it but it's particularly frustrating when you can't tell WHAT the item is, and it's under the title 'road arch'.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#5696 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 6:41 PM
The way this game handles children in vacation hoods. Curfew is completely out the window and kids show up at lots they have no business ever being at. I've tried banning them using Visitor Controller and that does nothing. It's just weird to have a nightclub have my sims go to it after 9 pm and see a bunch of children running around. They also don't have the option of ordering in a restaurant which leads to them stealing food another of my big pet peeves.
Mad Poster
#5697 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 1:35 AM
I read somewhere that when a Sim is holding a baby, they forget why. So they just stand there like the idiots they are. And then put baby on the floor (yes, even with mods); then seem to realize the baby needs to go to bed. And the nanny does one more irritating thing - she PREFERS to put the baby in the toddler bed, where it sometimes can't be picked up. And why is the nanny obsessed with entertaining herself, but won't eat? And I just discovered that when there are black piles of stuff all over the lot (a big fire...don't ask) a Sim will sweep up one pile, ignore the one right next to it, walk to the other side of the lot to sweep a pile..and continue walking randomly all over the D... lot. Why don't they sweep like they mop, in one area at a time.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5698 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 4:45 AM
I used to have a peeve with not having enough singe bed options for sims living in small spaces until recently when I went CC shopping and downloaded a new chair bed option and installed it in my game.I've got better choices for apartments or other small living spaces like the ohmes built by homesteaders in their first year.
Link Ninja
#5699 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
The way this game handles children in vacation hoods. Curfew is completely out the window and kids show up at lots they have no business ever being at. I've tried banning them using Visitor Controller and that does nothing. It's just weird to have a nightclub have my sims go to it after 9 pm and see a bunch of children running around. They also don't have the option of ordering in a restaurant which leads to them stealing food another of my big pet peeves.

I'd spin that as it being a different culture.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5700 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:01 PM
I opened my 'building hood' last night, and found myself staring at a finished four-unit apartment and a part-finished complex (labeled Curious Compound) that I have no memory of building. I can see what I was thinking with the latter, sort of, but I don't remember it. The apartment is nice, and will be used shortly--obviously inspired by that one house in town.

Also, I get really peeved with AVG for wanting to quarantine part of AGS and for calling it an app. It's not an app! It's a program! Kids these days . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 228 of 275