Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#24576 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:24 AM
The vast majority of houses I lived in and visited had the kitchen at the back and it was more convenient for kids playing at the back to come in and have a snack. I like the revised floor plan above with the kitchen at the back, but yes the entrance to the sunroom isn't ideal.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#24577 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 9:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I finally settled on this:

Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#24578 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:24 PM
Is there a reason why HCDU starts crashing whenever I try to run it?
Mad Poster
#24579 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:20 PM
Undoubtedly, but that sentence doesn't contain nearly enough information to figure it out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#24580 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:22 PM
Maybe your folder has too much stuff; try taking out some downloads and then running it. That's usually the case when I have problems with the HCDU.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Test Subject
#24581 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Undoubtedly, but that sentence doesn't contain nearly enough information to figure it out.

Im sorry! I was such in a rush to find out what was wrong that I did not proofread before submitting.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Maybe your folder has too much stuff; try taking out some downloads and then running it. That's usually the case when I have problems with the HCDU.

I thought the same, but when i take out some of my bigger folders it still acts the same.

In a more descriptive explanation, when I run HCDU it opens fine but when I press "scan" it immediately crashes. Its not like it happened all of a sudden since I just installed ts2 and went on a download spree.

EDIT: It was a locale issue, I usually change my system locale to Japanese so my computer can get along better with some singing synthesizers.
Alchemist
#24582 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 4:35 PM
I know the conversion for SC4 squares to TS2, but does anyone know of a conversion for the height of terrain. Like... if something is 5 clicks high using the FT modifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat, how high is that in SC4? (SC4 can use numbers, btw, which I can see with terrainquery, but I don't know the units. Just want to know if there's a resource that compares that to TS2 somewhere.)
Scholar
#24583 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 4:52 PM
Is there any easy way to tell in game how many Sims someone has woohooed?
Forum Resident
#24584 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington

Cyjon's Debugger has an option under Information.../LTW Report which displays statistics for all lifetime wants for the current sim, including the number of WooHoos.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

#24585 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 6:55 PM
^ that's a very easy way to do it, but if you want to do it without CC just go through their memories & count the Woohoo memories. Just remember that Public Woohoo has a separate memory than normal Woohoo, so if your Sim has done both Woohoo and Public Woohoo with the same Sim don't count those twice.
Field Researcher
#24586 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 9:17 PM

Christianlov's woohoo-monitor at Simbology: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0
Scholar
#24587 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 3:39 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses to my woohoo question. I've decided not to worry about it. My Sims will either achieve that want through their natural activities, or they won't. They really don't need any help from me.

So here's a new stupid/random question: If I have a zombie living in my neighborhood somewhere, will they show up on community lots that other Sims are visiting? I'm asking because Vidcund does want to make a zombie, and I thought it might be funny after he gets tired of it to drop it on an empty lot in the desert somewhere, and it occasionally shows up around town to provide some local color (but not really play it because I don't think they are all that interesting).
Mad Poster
#24588 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 8:35 PM
EDIT: I missed seeing your post where you decided not to bother counting woohoos. I'll leave this stuff here anyway in case someone else finds it useful.

There's also Squinge's old Date Counter which Lord Darcy reskinned
https://modthesims.info/d/270365/sq...2008-01-30.html

Aaroneous' Sim Manipulator has a "stats" option added to the self-click menu which lets you choose "Hidden Stats". See the attached screenshot.
https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator

So here's a new stupid/random question: If I have a zombie living in my neighborhood somewhere, will they show up on community lots that other Sims are visiting? I'm asking because Vidcund does want to make a zombie, and I thought it might be funny after he gets tired of it to drop it on an empty lot in the desert somewhere, and it occasionally shows up around town to provide some local color (but not really play it because I don't think they are all that interesting).

Your game should treat the zombie like any other inactive playable and it should have the same chance to randomly spawn on a community lot that they do.

I use Midgethetree's zombie mods in my game. Zombies modded this way are great fun and potentially dangerous as townies, but they are unfortunately even more boring than the EA version as playables. Unless there's a compelling reason to keep a zombie in the family, I usually just convert them into townies and let them do their own thing.
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/tagged/dl-zombies
Screenshots
Instructor
#24589 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 9:22 PM
Does a Sim's lifetime want change when the game is reset? (ie, addition of a mod or switching computers).

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#24590 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 9:34 PM
No, it doesn't.
Field Researcher
#24591 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 9:48 PM
Potentially neither stupid nor random, but it doesn't warrant a full thread and I thought here would be good for traffic:

I'm thinking about attempting to host a contest, and was wondering if there's anyone who has previously hosted a contest who I might be able to PM about it?

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#24592 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 3:21 AM
I've been cleaning out my cc hairs and realized that about 3/4 of the time you can see the sims' scalp through the hairdo and it drives me nuts! Has anyone ever tried to make a "skullcap" accessory or something that goes under the hair and is in the appropriate colours to block the scalp from showing? Is that even possible?
Mad Poster
#24593 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 4:11 AM
Yes. I've got some. Only for adults, alas, and I'd have to look to see where I got them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24594 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
I've been cleaning out my cc hairs and realized that about 3/4 of the time you can see the sims' scalp through the hairdo and it drives me nuts! Has anyone ever tried to make a "skullcap" accessory or something that goes under the hair and is in the appropriate colours to block the scalp from showing? Is that even possible?

There are Pooklet and MM scalp caps. ( try scalp instead of skull in Google)
I find though that with a lot of hairstyles the caps themselves show and spoil it. I want some smaller ones.

https://maxis-continued.tumblr.com/...p-cap-accessory

https://mrs-mquve-cc.tumblr.com/pos...m-and-fission-f

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#24595 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 6:14 PM
Can you get abducted from a vacation home?
Mad Poster
#24596 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
Can you get abducted from a vacation home?

Don't have tried it yet but I think it may be possible. They can get pregnant at vacation, though pregnancy timer will count ahead when they arrive home.
Field Researcher
#24597 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Don't have tried it yet but I think it may be possible. They can get pregnant at vacation, though pregnancy timer will count ahead when they arrive home.

After hours and hours of Dirk watching for UFOs with no luck, Lilith got abducted. So it's definitely possible at a vacation home.
Alchemist
#24598 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 7:53 AM
Is there official steps on how to do a 50/50 written up somewhere? I was in the help forums today and wanted to suggest it for a few simmers and realized it might be helpful to link instructions.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#24599 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Is there official steps on how to do a 50/50 written up somewhere? I was in the help forums today and wanted to suggest it for a few simmers and realized it might be helpful to link instructions.

Of course, and it's in the help wiki Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Contentwiki, which is linked to before users start a new thread. Something they are supposed to read, and walk thru, but never bother.
Mad Poster
#24600 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:58 AM
Anyone know of a quick way to find out if a clothing mesh has morphs? I'm in the mood to fix all my missing morphs so I wannna ride this wave of productivity before it fizzles out, but checking each mesh in SimPE is a little tedious. Not as tedious as it could be, because all my meshes are merged into eleven files rather than 2893 separate ones, but it's still a lot of button clicking and any tips that could speed it up would be greatly appreciated.
Page 984 of 1339