Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:31 PM
Default World will not export
I have tried everything moving the dcc and dcbackup before exporting. I have changed the ID. Is there a easy way to do this I have worked on this World for months. It was a CAW World Sunlit Tides I have changed and added so many lots i fixed the routing after i did all the changes. Please some one help me . I really do not want to start over on a new world. There has to be a way to do this that is easier than pulling your hair out. I did reas that lots have to be in lot layers I went back and fixed all the lots i had accidently not paid attention to when putting them in.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:35 PM
What error message do you get when you try to export? How did you get Sunlit Tides into CAW?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
If you have too much custom content, worlds will not export from CAW.
What I do is make a different Windows user account for CAW. I call this account... "CAW". The CAW user account doesn't have a whole lot of custom content - just the stuff I use to make that world.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605155
This clue was given to me by @varpunen
It is a gift. All Hail Varpunen.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
I pull all CC out of my game when working in CAW but I use packages so that is easy.
I have played with almost all EA worlds in CAW. I use the edit premade worlds steps. And as I recall they have to be decrapified first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:37 PM
Emmett Brown
when you say too much custom content would that be trees waves things like that?
https://cawster.wordpress.com
Sunlit Tides Sunlit Tides Unpopulated Caw Files @mediafire Sunlit Tides Unpopulated Caw Files @box Includes Ini, Color Ramps. Textures & Roads available here at MTS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:40 PM
their were some lots fully done in the world should i delete them also?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM
No, custom content is user-made content which you installed via launcher or by putting the files in your Mods framework. Also you don't have to delete full lots. Maybe try to figure out first what the reason might be before deleting stuff? What happens if you try to export?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
No, custom content is user-made content which you installed via launcher or by putting the files in your Mods framework. Also you don't have to delete full lots. Maybe try to figure out first what the reason might be before deleting stuff? What happens if you try to export?

I get message Error!
Exporting world failed!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:02 AM
If i try to export this is what i get message
Error!
Exporting world failed!

and i have no mods
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:00 AM
Did you rename it? To what? I think they cannot be exported if there is any punctuation?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:31 AM
The Cawster world comes without a world picture. Did you add that before trying to export?
http://krrank.blogspot.com/2012/01/...it-in-game.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:46 PM Last edited by AuntMorticha24 : 24th Jun 2018 at 2:01 PM.
Yes I have a picture just a sims Image with the right size I found on line I just use it for all my worlds.
dodgy builder
#13 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:28 PM
Have you tried making a new sims3 folder, and set up a new one?

Also you have to separate between game changing mods and cc, and then you have ea content downloaded from their site. All these different types of content may need to be treated differently.

I guess when you say no mods, you use only what follows caw from ea?

Still caw also runs what you have in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:50 PM
It has worked I deleted some of the lots that were already in the world. I went to documents, electroic arts, the sims 3, i had 2 folders on my desk top one with dcc the other dcbackup. I moved everything from both files to the empty ones on my desktop. then. Tried to export the game at first my computer froze up i had to restart the computer them reopened Caw and tried to export the game again, it exported just fine. I opened the sims 3 game went to exports it was there I clicked on it to download into game it did. the only weird thing was when i then opened the sims game all my other worlds were gone i moved the dcc and dcbackup stuff back into the original folders and reopened the sims game everything is good and i am playing the game. I had done this before but it had not worked I don't know why it did this time but I would like to thank everyone for their sugestions and help. Hopefully it will work again next time but for now i would love to just build and play the game after months of making a world.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:54 AM
Yay!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AuntMorticha24
Emmett Brown
when you say too much custom content would that be trees waves things like that?
https://cawster.wordpress.com
Sunlit Tides Sunlit Tides Unpopulated Caw Files @mediafire Sunlit Tides Unpopulated Caw Files @box Includes Ini, Color Ramps. Textures & Roads available here at MTS

Well, I mean the size of your DCCache. My gameplay size is 2 gigs (it's on a diet) while the same disk under my CAW folder is less than 1 Gig.
I was building worlds with the same windows user that I played games. I had tones of stuff installed. My philosophy is install it and it's there even if I don't use it.
Then one day, it wouldn't export the world Everything checked out... png file, name, description... all good. Then someone told me to uninstall some of my crap excess custom content.

Sims are better than us.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#17 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:46 PM