Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1126 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Which are the packs that offer magic and what's that like? Young 'un really liked magic in Sims 1.

Realm of Magic I think is called and has very cool art nouveau items. It is tedious to do things with the cauldron, but still a good pack.

I am going to bulldoze one of the lots and make a restaurant there as Iike doing them..
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#1127 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 7:36 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 25th Feb 2024 at 7:53 PM.
I would recommend the Jungle Adventures GP. It has a lot going on for it, especially when compared to the GPs and EPs these last few years.

A new, distinctive holiday world. Lovely jungle scenery and a remoteness that does become part of the game play more than just eye candy. When your sim goes there for more than just a vacation and wants to play Indiana Jones investigating the tomb quests, all alone in the vast jungle camping at edge of cliff with stunning views of the region beyond. Even a tomb guarding skeleton to befriend - or not.

Lots of collectible treasures to be dug up and worked on with the archaeology workbench. A hobby for sims to continue with when back at home. And as for magic, there are a series of magic totem relic objects to also dig up and collect that you can use to cast spells and curses on other sims - or backfire on your sim. Also worth a mention is a possible tie-in with upcoming crystal pack. Jungle Adventure also introduced a new way to cut raw crystals into unique gemstones of higher value on workbench for use with the magic totems. Perhaps those cut gemstones may find a new lease of life in upcoming pack? Even if nothing other than more nice gems to add to gem/jewelry storage/display cabinets. (Hmmm? Star Wars Batuu and its lightsabre kyber crystals. Could make some fine jewelery out of those too. Or is that "Forcing" the issue? )

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#1128 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I would recommend the Jungle Adventures GP. ....

I totally agree with your whole post. I want to send this new Sim on the jungle adventures and do so many of things in Realm and others also again. This new pack coming has actually gotten me back into playing 4.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1129 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 12:04 AM
Happy you guys see something good in this Not that it is of any of my interest (smth that would pull in a veteran), but nice to hear its adding something useful for yall

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1130 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Happy you guys see something good in this Not that it is of any of my interest (smth that would pull in a veteran), but nice to hear its adding something useful for yall

Only for amateurs!
I think that Sims 4, like Sims 3, is probably better when played with selected packs as opposed to having them all. Sims 3 was really a behemoth with all EPs and SPs, so much content and really heavy on resources (especially hard drive space!). So I think maybe Sims 4 is like that? What do others think, does anyone have everything and play with it all?
Sims 1 and 2 were much more compact, easy to play with everything, and it all felt cohesive.
Mad Poster
#1131 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 12:41 AM Last edited by daisylee : 27th Feb 2024 at 1:08 AM.
I have never checked but will guess I have about 1/2 to 2/3 of 4 and just 3-4 of the kits. Going back and playing I have forgotten most. I just did a lot of reading about the gems and crystals and metals and I basically have to start the game over. So sad as had done darn near all. Hmmmmm. I need to check one thing and see if by some miracle my legacy family is still there?

Anyway, I think we just have to focus on one thing or 2 at a time. In my families in all games I have pretty much just focused on what I wanted to do with one Sim the most, and one other somewhat. I pretty much ignore the others.''

edit: added to my other post that I hope some of you post in also.
Jackpot!!!!! Now to figure best way for my Sim to get this stuff?

Alchemist
#1132 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 12:10 PM
If I played the Sims 4, I would probably get the "Get Together" EP because the I will admit that Windenburg is beautiful town. I wish Sims 3 had a similar one. The Snowy Escape is another one I like because it just hits all the right buttons for me; snow, ski resort, asian style, etc. I actually do have Snowy Escape because my sister thought it might get me interested in playing the the sims 4, when the few other EPs she gifted me did not. Unfortunately it didn't work. Still, it is lovely nonetheless.
Field Researcher
#1133 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Only for amateurs!
I think that Sims 4, like Sims 3, is probably better when played with selected packs as opposed to having them all. Sims 3 was really a behemoth with all EPs and SPs, so much content and really heavy on resources (especially hard drive space!). So I think maybe Sims 4 is like that? What do others think, does anyone have everything and play with it all?
Sims 1 and 2 were much more compact, easy to play with everything, and it all felt cohesive.

I have a good chunk of the Sims 3 expansions, while I've almost every pack for the Sims 4. However, Sims 4 takes up more hard drive space than Sims 3 for me. I'd wish Sims 4 had the option to just play with a few packs like the Sims 3 does. The stuff in the Sims 4 is overwhelming and some stuff feels like doubles. Like, we have both social media and the Social Bunny (which I despise. I usually disable it.). It has both Trendi and that other eBay kinda thing. Cross-pack functionality is lacking in the Sims 4.

Sims 2 wasn't all that better with all its things... like the influence meter, the liftetime ambition, all the hobbies. I feel like Sims 3 kept most of its functions more compact. It wasn't overwhelming or taking up a lot of GUI space. On the other hand, Sims 2 at least tried to keep the GUI simple by placing stuff in tabs. In Sims 4 all Sims related stuff is just piled onto the same tab, making it a pain to find what you're looking for. Why is traits, famous/reputation, NAPs and parenthood under the same tab? I have to spend too much time scrolling through that to find what I'm looking for.

That said, the Sims 2 was great at cross-pack functionality. You didn't have 5 different selling stands for 5 different things. No, you just made a business and there could you sell whatever you wanted to sell. I miss how adaptable Sims 2 business were... and for things that was lacking there were mods to fill out the gaps. Sims 4 business are just... clothes and decor. Blue Lagoon had so many pre-made business. There was a bakery, a flower shop, furniture, toy store, clubs. I miss that a lot. City also had so many different pre-made lots. Not only clubs but restaurants and bowling alleys too. There isn't a bowling lot trait in the Sims 4... and unless a lot is per-defined as a certain thing, Sims don't show up.
Field Researcher
#1134 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 10:18 PM
Huh. I noticed something odd. I thought all Occults had unique tombstones. But it seems like the mermaids don't. I wonder if any other Occults also share the regular Sim tombstone?
Theorist
#1135 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 10:22 PM
EA has totally lost it (awful Sims 4 News)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x1kocVD2NU

Quote:
I love how they can't make their packs work well, but they can ensure their advertisements work perfectly!

A throbbing shopping cart!

Side note: I don't know what Satch is talking about regarding ads in TS3. I don't have any ads, but then again my game is a disc install so maybe that's why. I said fug off to the Origin now EA App.

It could be worse. The ad could take up all the whole page so a player can't see the screen. EA has done that before.

https://hothardware.com/news/ea-apo...een-in-game-ads
Scholar
#1136 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
EA has totally lost it (awful Sims 4 News)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x1kocVD2NU

Side note: I don't know what Satch is talking about regarding ads in TS3. I don't have any ads, but then again my game is a disc install so maybe that's why. I said fug off to the Origin now EA App.

It could be worse. The ad could take up all the whole page so a player can't see the screen. EA has done that before.

https://hothardware.com/news/ea-apo...een-in-game-ads

This is a good read: [OPEN] Pulsating Shopping Button

Many planning on Qutting
Many refusing to Update game every again.
Many stating it's causes them epilepsy, seizures, headaches, Migraines and including the risk of death.

It's complains are growing tremulously, and they going to keep whining until they are blue in face, besides it's already getting lots of attention, so great marketing strategic from EA.
Theorist
#1137 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 10:45 AM
I agree with Pixelade; this kind of stuff isn't going to stop. It may not be a throbbing shopping cart, but EA wants their infinite profit and what better way to do that than to rub FOMO in the faces of those that for whatever reason can't say no. I'm not bringing up anything new here, we've been talking about this stuff for years.

The amount of money people waste on in-game spending is no joke. There was no reason for this so-called 'test'. TS4 already has FOMO built into the main screen reminding people what packs they haven't bought.

People insist that EA cares what they think.

People have been threatening to stop buying / playing for years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mad Poster
#1138 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 11:20 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 28th Feb 2024 at 1:35 PM.

Sims 3 was arguably worse and better at the same time.

Towards the end of the Sims 3 life cycle, they implemented an in game Sims 3 store. You can shop the store directly from build/buy.

The first items in the catalog were direct ads for store items. There was a glowing store symbol at the tail end of the UI. IIRC, you can purchase entire sets directly from the build/buy collections menu (please bring back collections btw).

Worst off? All of this would bloat your hard drive space and ruin your play experience, but you could turn it off!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#1139 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 28th Feb 2024 at 12:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Sims 3 was arguable work and better at the same time.

Towards the end of the Sims 3 life cycle, they implemented an in game Sims 3 store. You can shop the store directly from build/buy.

The first items in the catalog were direct ads for store items. There was a slowing store symbol in the tail end of the UI. IIRC, you can purchase entire sets directly from the build/buy collections menu (please bring back collections btw).

Worst off? All of this would bloat your hard drive space and ruin your play experience, but you could turn it off!

With legal disc copies of TS3, a person can use the No CD NRAAS mod. This allows a player to not only load the game without a disc, but also skips the obnoxious launcher. There is a loading screen which then goes to the world menu screen.

I've been using this mod for years. The only time I've seen the launcher was last year when I was having a problem with the game starting. Long story short, the problem wasn't the game. It was a Microsoft update that wasn't installing properly. Anywho...

Supposedly the new shopping cart wasn't supposed to blink or pulsate. I call BS since EA loves to put things in games that look and act exactly like a slot machine.

EA is Killing The Sims! (HUGE Backlash Addressed!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqA0nk5m2w

EDIT:

FUT Spins are a FIFA thing.

Video is obnoxious. Consider yourself warned.

FIFA Slot Machine Decides My Team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGjXDgLxc44
Smeg Head
#1140 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 2:57 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 28th Feb 2024 at 6:47 PM. Reason: K
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
This is a good read: [OPEN] Pulsating Shopping Button

Many planning on Qutting
Many refusing to Update game every again.
Many stating it's causes them epilepsy, seizures, headaches, Migraines and including the risk of death.

It's complains are growing tremulously, and they going to keep whining until they are blue in face, besides it's already getting lots of attention, so great marketing strategic from EA.

Wow, it's quickly developing into a protest march! I've got the perfect rallying chant for the march.

"Blink, blink, EA stinks
Fire the nitwit who didn't think..."

And that one quote about it being a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I totally agree. Better call Saul.

I didn't even get the For Rent patch yet. I don't see any reason to change that until this flashing "off your blinking trolley" icon is removed. Shame, as I was interested in the upcoming crystal jewelry pack. Silly EA.

"Off your trolley" being UK slang vernacular for being drunk or more typically high on drugs. Because it's true, they shoot horses and all shopping trolleys - carts - eventually go mad. A sad, sad world. Such that hearing a Londoner say, " aw, mate, I was totally trollied last night." being the abbreviated version of original parlance. That now also strangely applies to EA's in-game marketing strategies, too. A sad, sad, mad, mad world indeed. Ah, Saul Goodman just answered the phone. Time to get that class action underway. So ditch the neck braces, swear hand on heart that flashing icon has brought on a stutter to your speech and sign up if you want some payback, too.

(BTW - I'm not poking fun at those folks who do have such things as epilepsy and how that idiotic flashing icon is a genuine cause for health concern and, in turn, right and proper litigation against the greedy and reckless lack of due diligence. It's one thing that TS4 is one of the few remaining games of present era that does not have an epilepsy warning splash screen during load, but it now implements features in game that can and will actively cause it. Take EA to the cleaners. Somebody, please. Elon, wanna join in with this, buddy? )

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#1141 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 7:15 PM
I know a sales table when I see it!

Also, I wish they included a basic covered floor jewelry display case to show off and sell jewelry with retail stores.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1142 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 10:14 PM

Well dUH! What else you guys expect, to animate car and shopping cart when they can’t even create them digital BB objects oppose to logos

(It’s not an attack to you Gargoyle or anyone pointing EA’s bullshit. It’s just my bullying jab at the notorious greedy corporation, that can’t make virtual pixelated operated grocery stores or malls, but they know how to entice it as a Surprised Mechanics. It’s surprising, because you using the shoping trolley cart to buy packs, which no matter you buy you won’t get the depth of usuable carts, grocery baskets, the which you can push past the absent sliding store doors or non-existing escalators that TS4 has yet to expand on Get To Work expansion Even my cousin back during early 2012 days TS3 lied that she saw a tv gaming review chanel that features/teased as I was a naive preteen Still, its no excuse TS2 and TS3 is still surprasing it in many ways.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#1143 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well dUH! What else you guys expect, to animate car and shopping cart when they can’t even create them digital BB objects oppose to logos

(It’s not an attack to you Gargoyle or anyone pointing EA’s bullshit. It’s just my bullying jab at the notorious greedy corporation, that can’t make virtual pixelated operated grocery stores or malls, but they know how to entice it as a Surprised Mechanics. It’s surprising, because you using the shoping trolley cart to buy packs, which no matter you buy you won’t get the depth of usuable carts, grocery baskets, the which you can push past the absent sliding store doors or non-existing escalators that TS4 has yet to expand on Get To Work expansion Even my cousin back during early 2012 days TS3 lied that she saw a tv gaming review chanel that features/teased as I was a naive preteen Still, its no excuse TS2 and TS3 is still surprasing it in many ways.

After reading the article about EA laying off another 670 people, I decided to look at their financial charts. I don't know how accurate the following is, but if the chart is showing up to date info regarding where EA stands money wise, maybe they should invest in a better accountant or accountants as there is a whole lot of red ink for a multi-billion dollar company.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investi...cials/cash-flow

Lay offs: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ea-cutting-5-of-workforce
Mad Poster
#1144 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 4:19 AM
Iron Seagull suggests bands are coming because music related skills broken social interactions, which needed an emergency patch, and I can see that.

Mad Poster
#1145 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 4:23 AM
Iron Seagull suggests bands are coming because music related skills broken social interactions, which needed an emergency patch, and I can see that.

Theorist
#1146 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 12:31 PM
Put a big enough metaphorical fire under Maxis' butt and magically things get done. Who would have thunk it.

The following video came out yesterday. It is about the emergency patch that was put in place because Maxis. Maxis thought it was a good idea to mess with pulsating shopping carts before uploading a new pack that was supposed to go up for sale 24 hours later AKA today.

The Sims Just Dropped a NEW EMERGENCY Patch Update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVnl6sqtFM
Mad Poster
#1147 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

That is making sense as my current Sim Alondra could play the guitar and now cannot. She can play the piano. She cannot write music even though level 8 and I would think she should be able to by now. She cannot play a new violin. Her fiance can do all. That must tick her off! LOL I changed her career as she was stuck as could not do the guitar requirement as needed.
Inventor
#1148 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 2:04 PM
I haven't played the game for some weeks now but I was curious if the new patches eliminated all the bugs or bring new ones. Now seeing major sims youtuber who are afraid to play the game due to new bugs give me little hope that the game will ever function properly. What I know now is that I'm not going to update so I won't get new packs or anything until major bugs are fixed and the blinking shop sign is gone.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Mad Poster
#1149 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 3:11 PM
My Sim can play the string instruments again. I do not have any bugs that are making my game unplayable. I do not have a blinking shop sign, thank goodness. I am sure I have bugs but none so far that are affecting what I have been doing.
Theorist
#1150 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 12:36 AM

We took your money, but don't play with the pack you paid for right now. Okay, besties?

For those that haven't seen or dealt with the body distortion thing, it looks like this after putting on / taking off jewelry a few times. Some say this only affects teens, others say it also affects adults.

Bruh!

Screenshot credits:

THE SIMS TEAM FINALLY RESPONDS TO THE DISASTER (The Sims 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6F4z16qC4E

This is the BUGGIEST The Sims Has EVER Been! | The Sims 4 News & Updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1bNkQckig
Screenshots
Page 46 of 49