Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 11:43 AM Last edited by korini : 19th Mar 2020 at 12:20 PM.
Duplicate Group in TSRW?
Hey y'all,
I've been trying to add a (mesh) group to my top and doing it manually just isn't working out.. I attempted to follow this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445332 and i'm pretty sure that I did everything correctly but the group just doesn't show up in TSRW. I saw that a user said that TSRW once had the ability to duplicate groups and I digged up some earlier versions that date back to 2011.. and right clicked everywhere on that god darn Mesh Tab but nothing comes up when I do so. I did also find an swimsuit that came with 3 groups but I need more groups than that. Is there some kind of group limit?
Can anyone please chime in and help me
The desperation is starting to get to me that's why I decided to ask folks that actually know what they're doing

Also sending love to everyone! Stay safe (and inside) ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♥
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:18 PM
You can add as much groups as you want/need by right clicking on the Group name in the Mesh tab and selecting "Duplicate", but as far as I know it works only for objects, not CAS stuff. I've never seen anything CAS with more than 2 groups I think, let alone more than 3. Why do you need that many, what are you making?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 2:27 PM Last edited by korini : 19th Mar 2020 at 3:44 PM.
I was under the impression that the morphs wouldn't explode if I split a high poly mesh up into enough groups? Am I wrong here? I did see that custom "Jessi" high poly body by Bloomsbase that they use as an example to show of the mesh toolkit here:http://modthesims.info/d/481950/mes...12-20-2018.html. I read that Bloom used like 6 groups or something to make that? That body also seems to have morphs that dont explode? I am really annoyed at the fact that there's this poly limit in S3.. Like I just wanna convert Sims 4 CC Clothing without having to decimate it. Sims 4 doesn't seem to have a limit since I've seen clothes (bottoms specifically) that have up to "35000" vertices.
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 10:20 PM
I'm really not an expert on cas stuff but I can't see any way in which a 35k v mesh will work in TS3... even if you do manage to get it in, it will probably cause major issues/crashing. The game is old, terribly optimized and just not meant for that kind of detail. Hopefully someone here can come up with some alternative idea to help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:25 PM
Oh I haven't seen that you responded. It seems like this vertex limit only applies to morphs and you can circumvent it by just not assigning any morphs .. Which is pretty limiting in terms of customizability since one would have to create 4 seperate tops that represent the morphs. The only reason why I am even sticking with S3 is really the flexibility it offers in regards to texture sizes. (With the HD Mod of course) The HD Mod for S4 seems to not be able to handle different texture sizes like S3 does or has that changed? Having to convert everything to bigger sizes kind of sucks. I believe that if you're using one 4K or even 8K texture in S4 you're forced to use that size across the board and that's just ludicrous.