Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ATS4 Beer Made Drinkable

by icemunmun Posted 24th Oct 2018 at 9:20 PM - Updated 8th Apr 2020 at 10:29 PM by icemunmun : Added a new version

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#51 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 6:19 PM
Hello, I am helene912. I want to confess that, a while ago, I downloaded your work and forgot to say thank you. I simply forgot. But I think that appreciation is very important and worthy nowadays - no, always. So I tell you now, late, but better than never: Thank you for sharing yozr creation!!! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 8:51 PM
Oh boy this looks amazing!! Hope the latest patch didn't break it! Thanks for posting!
Instructor
#53 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 12:25 PM
Still not working via the cooler.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 1:24 PM
has this been updated yet??
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Still not working via the cooler.

Its not available via cooler yet.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kpop4eva83
has this been updated yet??

This does not require any update for the latest patches.
Instructor
#57 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 7:02 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 20th Dec 2019 at 6:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Its not available via cooler yet.

Never mind. As much as I liked the idea of your mods, I had to delete all your drink, harvest and food mods since they are full of bugs and missing menue serving details.
The beer does show for the cooler, but not working for cooler? Then why not deleting it from the cooler options?
No, I had no other food mods installed.
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 1:56 AM
Broken Mod
I downloaded this mod and it broke The Sims 4, had to reinstall the game.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:09 AM
Never mind. As much as I liked the idea of your mods, I had to delete all your drink, harvest and food mods since they are full of bugs and missing menue serving details.
The beer does show for the cooler, but not working for cooler? Then why not deleting it from the cooler options?
No, I had no other food mods installed.

Because everything is a WIP and will remain this way. Same for the missing menu items. I am one person and do not have unlimited time to work on free mods. Also 'full of bugs' is really really vague. If you could point out which objects have bugs ( apart from the ones already mentioned by me in the relevant posts), it would be constructive criticism
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oldfxshioned
I downloaded this mod and it broke The Sims 4, had to reinstall the game.

Can you be more specific ? Do you have an LE to share ? What exactly happened ? I need more info to recreate the issue since the latest versions are not causing any issues in my game. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 2:15 PM
First of all I love all your mods, they add so much to the game in many creative ways.

I actually am interested in hearing more about how you made the beers compatible with BM? For my personal use, I've been wanting to make Leniad's custom alcohol recipes (if you're familiar with their mods at all) compatible with BM in the same way you have, but I can't figure out how to go about it. I downloaded each version of the beers and compared the packages but couldn't find a difference between the two. Can I ask how did you do it? I understand there's probably a big difference between the two since one is a beverage mod and the other more of a recipe, so if it's not doable or it's a difficult process then never mind lol, I give up already.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eemie
First of all I love all your mods, they add so much to the game in many creative ways.

I actually am interested in hearing more about how you made the beers compatible with BM? For my personal use, I've been wanting to make Leniad's custom alcohol recipes (if you're familiar with their mods at all) compatible with BM in the same way you have, but I can't figure out how to go about it. I downloaded each version of the beers and compared the packages but couldn't find a difference between the two. Can I ask how did you do it? I understand there's probably a big difference between the two since one is a beverage mod and the other more of a recipe, so if it's not doable or it's a difficult process then never mind lol, I give up already.

I just added the 'generic_consume_drink_nonbar' OR 'generic_consume_drink_bar' to the affordance mapping in object tuning ( instead of my own custom affordance). If Leniad's drinks don't use a custom object tuning, they may already be compatible with BM!
Instructor
#63 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 4:21 PM
Because everything is a WIP and will remain this way. Same for the missing menu items. I am one person and do not have unlimited time to work on free mods. Also 'full of bugs' is really really vague. If you could point out which objects have bugs ( apart from the ones already mentioned by me in the relevant posts), it would be constructive criticism

I did last year on some of your mods, but my posts / bug reports never received any attentions. Same one your non MTS site.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 2:35 AM
I did last year on some of your mods, but my posts / bug reports never received any attentions. Same one your non MTS site.

Last year I was MIA for a period of time because I had terrible morning sickness . I may have missed that! Very Sorry! I would look into it if you report it again/link me to the report
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 10:17 AM
I just added the 'generic_consume_drink_nonbar' OR 'generic_consume_drink_bar' to the affordance mapping in object tuning ( instead of my own custom affordance). If Leniad's drinks don't use a custom object tuning, they may already be compatible with BM!

Turns out the drinks were compatible as you said, but they weren't working for me because of an outdated BM version. Thanks for your help!
Test Subject
#66 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 12:26 AM
Can you be more specific ? Do you have an LE to share ? What exactly happened ? I need more info to recreate the issue since the latest versions are not causing any issues in my game. Thanks
when I tried to open the game it said that the mod was corrupted. I took it out and it still said it was in my game. Tried repairing The Sims, reinstalling it; nothing.
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 6:19 AM
This mod is AMAZING!!!! It is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Thank you very much!!

PS: 02/16/2020 and working perfectly fine
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 5:37 AM
The animation on it is awkward. My Sim impales the opening of the bottle into his forehead.

See picture.

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/..._11-42-06PM.png
Screenshots
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#69 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CalFaltovic
The animation on it is awkward. My Sim impales the opening of the bottle into his forehead.

See picture.

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/..._11-42-06PM.png

Yeah..that is because of the length of the bottle. I did not want to change Sandy's (Around the sims) mesh so i kept it at that. maybe i would change the bottle length in future
Test Subject
#70 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 5:16 AM
I love this mod. Does it still work?
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 6:06 PM
Thank you for that!

PS: Isn't Budweiser is a beer from Czech Republik? The Description says it is from the United States!?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:55 PM
This is AWESOME
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 8:33 AM
Out of curiosity, does the BM version work with Basemental Alcohol or is it just meant to work with the Basemental Drugs mod?
Instructor
#74 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Garry Boutier
Thank you for that!

PS: Isn't Budweiser is a beer from Czech Republik? The Description says it is from the United States!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#75 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thedoctor8ahorse
Out of curiosity, does the BM version work with Basemental Alcohol or is it just meant to work with the Basemental Drugs mod?

It is meant to work with Basemental alcohol
Page 3 of 4