Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Missing Majors Uberpack!

by Nysha Posted 1st Oct 2007 at 4:53 PM - Updated 29th Sep 2011 at 4:19 PM by whiterider

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 10:48 AM
I want to keep track of this thread and read what people in game experience. Custom careers seem to crash in my game all the time, but I would really like to download these...
Scholar
#102 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 12:20 PM
It's a super pack ! University is quite boring in the game but with these new majors it's get a lot better ! I like the humour of the different semesters. It's a !!
You deserve this featuring WhiteRider, bravo and many thanks !

Edit : A translation in French like The_French_Sim one would be cool.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Theorist
#103 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 1:16 PM
awesome
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 2:21 PM
Thankyou Frenchie! A thought - to avoid adding unnecessary scrolling to the thread, could you email me the next lot? You're wonderful *hug*

Mariskasim, majors are generally a lot more stable than careers; they have less capacity to break your game, conflict with far less things, and EP compatibility is never an issue - so long as you have Uni, they'll work. And if they don't, all the files are named whiterider_whatever, so they're easy to find and delete in your downloads folder (and don't cause problems when doing so like careers sometimes can). So give it a go and see what happens.

bassist_bitch, I'll keep it in mind, though I can't promise I'll ever get round to doing it

Thankyou again to everyone who's left comments, and to all those who've hit the thanks button.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:06 PM
Well am going give this try thank you for all wonderful new Majors :D
Test Subject
#106 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 5:14 PM
LMBO MickyMouse.
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 8:30 PM
Oh. my. god. What a fabulous job! I especially loved the title of the first course for Genetics and the overall description of Chemistry.

You're amazing! You're also insane -- take a sedative and go lie down. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#108 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsandwhich2
Tu ne parle pas les francais?
Are you... trying to sound French? Because it's very incorrect French there, like someone attempting and failing to say something.

The correct sentence is "Tu ne parle pas français?", or "le français". Not "les francais".

(and so the Frenchman leaps back into the darkness)
Test Subject
#109 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 9:13 PM
I. love. you.

I've never d/led any custom majors, but yours are just too funny ^.^
Thank you, you're awesome :D
xox
Field Researcher
#110 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 9:30 PM
Something special

More Power !!!
Field Researcher
#111 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
Are you... trying to sound French? Because it's very incorrect French there, like someone attempting and failing to say something.

The correct sentence is "Tu ne parle pas français?", or "le français". Not "les francais".

(and so the Frenchman leaps back into the darkness)

All right, all right no need to be so cheeky about it. Some people write bad english on this site but people don't correct them to harshly. It's not nice.

Great upload again!!!

More Power !!!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:51 AM
WhiteRider, luv ya!!!!!
Thanks! Je t'aime! Amo você!!! Te amo!!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Test Subject
#113 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 4:15 AM
this is awesome! im downloading it as we speak!! err type =).

D-Qwon: Welcome to D-Qwon's dance grooves, are you ready to get your groove on?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes.
D-Qwon: All right then, let's get started!
Forum Resident
#114 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kramnaols
All right, all right no need to be so cheeky about it. Some people write bad english on this site but people don't correct them to harshly. It's not nice.
I'm not pointing out the French mistake as such. I'm pointing out the fact that someone from New Zealand was apparently trying to *pose* as French. What would you say if I tried to pose as a Scot by speaking English gibberish and adding "That's a sin, wee scrounger, och I the noo!" ?

It's just that someone asking whether she speaks French could have pushed her to make a French translation for someone who doesn't speak French anyway.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:33 AM
I thought this should be featured, congratulations!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Test Subject
#116 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 12:58 PM
Just Brilliant! BRILLIANT!
Alchemist
#117 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:58 PM Last edited by verenaheu : 4th Oct 2007 at 2:22 PM.
This was twice-overdue. You´ve outdone yourself! Cool stuff, and thanks a ton,

Advantages Of E-Business 2: Malaysian Servers ....I like that one.
Test Subject
#118 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 3:09 PM
I assume you cloned the original majors, so all of yours are linked to certain careers: which are these? For example, in creating Chemistry major, which major did you clone? To which careers is it linked? How can I know this? Thank you.

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" - Murphy's Law
"Anything that can go wrong, will go worse" - Cicciograna's Law
Field Researcher
#119 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:28 PM
Haha, awesome thanks! I love your course descriptions too, very funny!
Test Subject
#120 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 8:03 AM
Holy crap. You're absolutely brilliant! I'm downloading them all! Kudos for all the hard work!
Field Researcher
#121 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 1:31 PM
Looks interesting, I am gonna try it :D
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 4:18 PM
Nice. If I study something like that.....what happens?????
Test Subject
#123 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 5:02 PM
Hey, awesome set of majors, definitely adding these to my game. I have sims out there these would be perfect for!

Now let me know if this sounds stupid, but I have a few ideas for future majors. I was thinking, maybe a sort of rebel forces/how to overthrow the government type major. (In a neighbourhood ruled by evil and fear, such as I have, the local freedom fighters gotta study something!) Or an NPC major that teaches sims how to do the random jobs NPCs do. Your unique sense of major humour would be great for that. :D
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 5:28 PM
This is absolutely amazing! I let all my Sims go to college and therefore I'm quiete bored of the Maxis majors.

I have a suggestion: I can translate this to German if you want. Would take 3 days or so. Send me a PM or so if you'd like me to do it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Mariskasim, majors are generally a lot more stable than careers; they have less capacity to break your game, conflict with far less things, and EP compatibility is never an issue - so long as you have Uni, they'll work. And if they don't, all the files are named whiterider_whatever, so they're easy to find and delete in your downloads folder (and don't cause problems when doing so like careers sometimes can). So give it a go and see what happens.

I will!! Thanks for the extra info and of course, for making these
Page 5 of 12