Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1326 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 5:52 PM
Try to remake Johnny_Bravo's The Square Hamster to "Falu Red" Hamster
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1327 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor

Nice, nice. Maybe it would work if you match the color of the white trim with the roof, or choose a different roof color? the colors don't really seem to harmonize that well. I'm not sure, something about the whole palette appears odd to me

I started this home a little while ago. I originally wanted to make a stone/Romanesque cottage. But here we are with a Queen Anne-ish again.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#1328 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 6:39 PM

Do build more houses from home. I do that a lot. I agree with Johnny though. A black or dark grey would work better I think.

Er du fra Sverige? Dere kaller det Falun rød? Jeg vet ikke hva vi kaller det, men i hvert fall ikke Falun
Theorist
#1329 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:45 AM
Johnny, this house is gorgoeus! You made a second level so way lower! I just remembered how much time it costs to make a custom ceiling height in TS3! Would you copy windows and doors from front to back facade? Think that would be better suit.

No, Volvenom. I know you are from Sweden but I am not. I am from Russia. The main idea was to remake Johnny's house using just Pets and Generations. Falu Red I got from Lisen there https://modthesims.info/d/409755/ty...sh-patriot.html
I was decided to refurnish Johnny's house shell in Ikea style inside and make it typical sweddish outside. Actually I am a bit disappointed by result but see it like a start to make it more... hmm. Maybe more russian inside. Thanks for suggestions anyways. I will recolour the roof and will replace white beam in second floor. But actually I am close to throw it now in dumpster.

Happy New Year everyone! I wish you a nice year upcoming. As for me I, hope it will better then 2019.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1330 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 9:48 PM
I've tried to make a high rising penthhouse.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1331 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:32 PM
That looks very interesting

I come in peace
#1332 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:33 PM
Definately very interesting.
Alchemist
#1333 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:36 PM
@Victor_tor
I've changed the rear windows of the house;

If you meant for the tall, rounded windows to be placed at the rear: I've chosen the smaller ones because there's a kitchen and bathroom at the back.

I've also added a double-garage with a spare room above it, and did some garden design.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#1334 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
@Victor_tor
I've changed the rear windows of the house;

If you meant for the tall, rounded windows to be placed at the rear: I've chosen the smaller ones because there's a kitchen and bathroom at the back.

Those you placed are exactly what I meant

I've also added a double-garage with a spare room above it, and did some garden design.

Garages are always a pain for historical buildings. But you made it suit very well here.

Was submitted today those one you called interesting. http://www.modthesims.info/m/2027131 My first home in this year.

Theorist
#1335 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 2nd Jan 2020 at 8:13 PM.
@Johnny_Bravo
I just leave it here. This is how I redisigned your Square Hamster interiors. Was tried to make a hommage to Ikea scandinavian style. :D

Alchemist
#1336 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 3rd Jan 2020 at 3:30 PM.
Looks very cosy.

Meanwhile I've switched some rooms around. I originally intended to have the Master bedroom downstairs, with an En-suite. It now is upstairs together with 3 small single bedrooms. The kitchen is no longer at the back, since I had a separate breakfast room and dining area directly next to each other I thought I might switch out 2 of the rooms, so now the kitchen is between the Dining room and Breakfast area.

I see a potential 4th bedroom with tower. I'm not sure yet.

Edit: Maybe no 4th bedroom. The tower would be the only source of natural light.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#1337 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 4th Jan 2020 at 8:23 AM.
Looks very cosy.

Meh. I don't like it. It was definitely made by influence of 2008 Ikea. It looks very outdated because ikea become more monochrome by now. This interior style is probably 10 years old.

Meanwhile I've switched some rooms around. I originally intended to have the Master bedroom downstairs, with an En-suite. It now is upstairs together with 3 small single bedrooms. The kitchen is no longer at the back, since I had a separate breakfast room and dining area directly next to each other I thought I might switch out 2 of the rooms, so now the kitchen is between the Dining room and Breakfast area.

I see a potential 4th bedroom with tower. I'm not sure yet.

Edit: Maybe no 4th bedroom. The tower would be the only source of natural light.

Aww. This turret made your house even much more in Queen Anne's. I like your way you search for plan desisions. And making special rooms like coupe at Evergreen Lodge and breakfast room at here is veery interesting.
I would like to have a direct access from breakfast room to veranda to make it serve for grill area. Also search for routes to make sims sit here just after making grill outdoors and tadaa! you has a really working room for breakfast.
One bath for 4 bedrooms is not enough. If you have enough space at 2nd floor (and you has it), you could make 2nd bathroom. One bath with private access from master suit, and second for all other bedrooms with door from 2nd floor hall.
You are mad person even more after I saw you rotated each tile of back to garage veranda floor. Insane!

Can't understand why does Tudorman is keeping silence. That's your property of style. Why don't you tell your opinion.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1338 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 12:01 PM
I don't think I'll keep the turret though. It looks pretty weird with the roof cutting into it. I have another bathroom downstairs. It might be far away from the rest but I think it should do it's job, considering the home isn't that big, and historical.

I come in peace
#1339 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 1:54 PM
Was listening for Chaikovsky today and made another refurnish of your Square Hamster in pure historical russian. Same items placement as ikea, but another style. Was added a bunk bed to chimney to make it look more like stuff we name Pechka. Look at this and maybe you'll find it for your interest.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#1340 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 12:39 AM
Hey Guys Sorry being so quiet the past couple weeks. Been Dealing with some personal issues.. but im back

Hey @Johnny_Bravo YOur Little cottage is very cute ANd yes nix the turret it doesnt go well with the overall design

C.T.HOLKO88
Top Secret Researcher
#1341 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 5:04 AM
Yay- Johnny Bravo is building again!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#1342 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 8:13 AM
@Victor_tor The russian interior works well, but I think the 'Pechka' won't work in actual gameplay.

@TudorMan23 you always seem in a hurry when posting, take it easy on yourself man
I'll leave the turret out and just skip the whole 4th bedroom.

@attuned But there won't be any finished products for a few weeks. I'll be at school without access to the Sims. I hope I can install it before the next period.

@Ferguson Avenue Where are you hiding? Haven't seen you around for a while

I come in peace
#1343 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 9:03 AM
The russian interior works well, but I think the 'Pechka' won't work in actual gameplay.

It works well for me. But I have ini file modified by Zebi from discord. Maybe that's the reason. He said me to make it for a while ago. You can have this info from steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1131162350. Step 5
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#1344 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 8:48 PM
But there won't be any finished products for a few weeks. I'll be at school without access to the Sims. I hope I can install it before the next period.

School- that sounds both exciting and terrifying. Best of luck!!!

@Ferguson Avenue Yes, I miss you too!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#1345 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 8:08 PM
@Ferguson Avenue Where are you hiding? Haven't seen you around for a while

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
@Ferguson Avenue Yes, I miss you too!

Be careful what you wish for...

It's been almost a year since I last came here, so I've got a bit of catching up to do...

@attuned But there won't be any finished products for a few weeks. I'll be at school without access to the Sims. I hope I can install it before the next period.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I've found that the other side of school/uni there's hardly anytime for sims, life kinda gets in the way.
But I have totally devoted my life to stately homes; immersing myself in them 9 to 5, 5 days a week... I moved 350 miles just to live and work in one and then a further 350 miles just to work in another.
I've missed you guys too though! I promise I'll try to stop by more often, and maybe upload the occasional finished creation every once in a while. Emphasis on try.
dodgy builder
#1346 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 10:37 PM
Uh, the gangster is back Nice to see you Do pop in once in a while.

I just have to sort out a misunderstanding which has annoyed me the past week. @Victor_tor I'm not Swedish I'm Norwegian. Not quite the same thing. Bloody arrogant Swedes pop up everywhere. So now it's been said.

I've been making a castle style house with Tudor and Versailles objects from felixandre on patreon. It's on a 50x50 lot

What do you think about this place?
Screenshots
Scholar
#1347 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I've been making a castle style house with Tudor and Versailles objects from felixandre on patreon. It's on a 50x50 lot

Wow, that's very intriguing, I really like the use of the patterned brickwork, it's very Tudor indeed, but then your use of all the bay windows gives a hint of Elizabethan/Jacobean form to it too. It certainly looks like it could easily grow into a 60 by 60 lot as well.
Are you just teasing us or will we get to see the front as well?
Scholar
#1348 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:45 PM
I've tried to make a high rising penthhouse.

That's such a cool looking building! The interior is very stylish too.
Scholar
#1349 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:57 PM
What do you think about this crazy thing? You who don't like mixing styles

Wow, that's an awful lot of everything! But it totally works, especially with all the different colours. Does it have an equally crazy interior?

What was that about not mixing styles?..
Currently the interior of this place is Craftsman meets Mock Tudor, but I might gut it and give it one more in-keeping with its busy exterior.
Screenshots
Theorist
#1350 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 7:31 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 16th Jan 2020 at 8:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
What was that about not mixing styles?..
Currently the interior of this place is Craftsman meets Mock Tudor, but I might gut it and give it one more in-keeping with its busy exterior.

With such layered placed sloped roofs it looks like norwegian church, isn't it @volvenom? Sorry to call you Swedish. Thank you for make it clear.

It's nice. I have a great interest now where does such diagonal wall brick pattern come from. I'd like to ask for this my friend who is a bricklayer.

Page 54 of 98