Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Father Time Beards for Adults and Young Adults. Now with *new* colors! Needs Holiday Pack

by dewshine Posted 28th Nov 2005 at 4:05 PM - Updated 17th Dec 2005 at 8:21 AM by dewshine : removing extra mesh file until it can be fixed...

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 7:32 PM
They look great but I'm a little confused, they don't requiere the holiday pack?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 7:51 PM
If you have the mesh made by Motoki they don't need the holiday pack. I hacked them to work with that mesh. However, you do need the grey color for the elders.

They also work with the mesh in the holiday pack.

If you have the holiday pack you don't need motoki's mesh or the grey color because they also work on the santa mesh included in the holiday pack and the original father time beard shows up in elders already.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 8:03 PM
I'm loving this,thank you Dewshine.

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 8:57 PM
Well since the add-on holiday pack isn't available here (only the full game with the holiday items in it, version), I don't have the beard mesh. So I guess I can't use this. Looks nice though.

netseeker2
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 9:04 PM
Cool.......ZZTOP!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 9:22 PM Last edited by dewshine : 28th Nov 2005 at 9:34 PM. Reason: spelling...duh
Quote: Originally posted by netseeker2
Well since the add-on holiday pack isn't available here (only the full game with the holiday items in it, version), I don't have the beard mesh. So I guess I can't use this. Looks nice though.

netseeker2

Not true... you need the mesh made by motoki for this to show in your game if you don't have the holiday pack... *sigh*
I'll add the mesh folks.

Let me say this again:
If you have the holiday pack download the first rar file. You don't need the mesh or the grey color because you already have ones that match.
If you don't have the holiday pack these beards are "soft linked" to the mesh by motoki... Download all 3 files for them to show in your game.
Okay? Are we clear now?
This will work without the holiday pack. You must download the grey elder color and mesh rar files to them to show up in your game.

Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2germany
Cool.......ZZTOP!!!

"Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"

I am the Dark Underlord, the Prince of Doom, the King of Eternal Torment! I am Fear! I am Evil! They call me...Peaches!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 11:49 PM
Is there any way to have the grey one for an adult? It would be perfect for certain wizards who are grey but not elders (in my game anyway.)
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2germany
Cool.......ZZTOP!!!

Durn! You beat me to it!

My father used to say, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - until the accident.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 3:57 AM Last edited by dewshine : 29th Nov 2005 at 12:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
Is there any way to have the grey one for an adult? It would be perfect for certain wizards who are grey but not elders (in my game anyway.)

Yes... it involves changing the age numbers. Would you like me to make a grey for Adults and Young Adults too?

How are these?

I made an extra grey that is Adult/Young Adult and added Pale Blonde (greyish), White, and Dark Grey too for all 3 ages.
(Okay fixed)

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BadLuckBlackie
Durn! You beat me to it!

Yeah, me too so I'll yell "Rasputin The Mad Monk! Howard Hues (if we had some long fingernails to go with it)! Riker from that one Star Trek episode! Rip Van Winkle! A homeless guy!"

... Linux rules and Windows drools.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 7:54 PM
Thanks a lot, just what my biker dude needs!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 5:15 PM
I love this beard. Santa Claus!
Inventor
#15 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 3:56 AM
woh it's a rather big beard thanks for shaing.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 5:54 AM
Finally, now I can make Wizards that look like, ...well Wizards.

thankyou.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:58 PM
when will the mesh come out? my Gandalf has only short beards for the time being :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 1:01 PM
\o/
I just need these beards! I have so many wizard ideas...
By the way, repeating Avarampawen's same question, when will the mesh come out? =D

--VVD
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 2:52 PM
There's "Father Time Beard mesh fixes" that should use this. I don't know if you'd need the holiday pack for those or not. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4548.0.html
This mesh says it needs the holiday pack for the textures. My textures need the holiday pack for the meshes... try them together?

Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:27 PM
Hum... Might be quite useful... I shall try that, Thank you!

--Lord D.K
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:56 PM
Amazing! It actually worked! Thank you very much ^^

Lord D.K
Forum Resident
#22 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:34 AM
LMAO Reminds me of ZZ Top. xD

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:46 PM
The link for the beard mesh was deleted by the uploader, I also came up nada when searching for the person's member name, so I'm guessing they left MTS awhile back.

Update links please?