Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated 12/26/07* 1 Birch Way (requested by mani_k)

by twoflower Posted 4th Apr 2006 at 4:04 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 12:51 AM by twoflower : removed from personal picks

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 7:36 AM
:clap: Great job! The house looks gorgeous, beautiful first upload.

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:19 AM
The house is stunning!

It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants...
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:35 AM
Very nice! Thank you!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 10:10 AM
Very well done! Thanks for the great download.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 10:19 AM
i love this... i love homes without custom content.... makes it 1000000 times better to play with. thank you.

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 11:43 AM
You have done very well for a first house upload - I must say that my first house upload was significantly simpler than this one!!

I do have one question though: How did you get the cone-roof to sit correctly on the observatory-like area? I am currently working on a house request now that has the same feature, and I just can't seen to get it to sit correctly! Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

~ Mere
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 12:51 PM
wow that's really fantastic.Not really my type of house but I'm deffinetly going to download it.
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 1:45 PM
Lovely house
well done

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 3:17 PM
Absolutely FABULOUS!!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 4:17 PM Last edited by twoflower : 4th Apr 2006 at 4:48 PM.
Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging comments. It is much more rewarding to upload things here on MTS2.
Quote: Originally posted by Merenwen

I do have one question though: How did you get the cone-roof to sit correctly on the observatory-like area? I am currently working on a house request now that has the same feature, and I just can't seen to get it to sit correctly! Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mere, I know exactly what you mean. That cone roof was the hardest part of the house. Until you let go of the mouse button you can't really tell how it will look. I must have hit "undo" dozens of times. What finally helped was to make a grid with floor tile on the top inside the edges of the roof. The grid will be a little smaller than the diameter of your "tower" On this house, the octogon has two sections of wall per side. The grid was I used was 4x4. I experimented a little, and it seems that octogons with an even number of wall sections would have a square grid, and octogons with an odd number of wall sections would have a rectangular grid. The smallest octogon (1 wall section per side) has a 1x3 grid, and an octogon with 3 wall sections per side would have a 3x9 grid. Start on one corner of the grid and drag the roof across to the opposite corner. I hope this makes sense.

Update:
Okay, well I played around with this idea a little more, and my idea is mostly true, but depending on the roof type and size the grid size will vary (of the new OFB ones). But the grid idea will at least keep it centered while you try to figure out how big to make it.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 4:26 PM
This is one heck of a first upload! The house is gorgeous and anyone who quotes anything from Discworld in their signature automatically gets an extra star! Thanks for sharing this with us.

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 10:34 PM
I am so glad you did this. After seeing it, I promptly entered my game and bulldozed my lot! You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing and I certainly hope we see more from you.

Just a regular person
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 11:34 PM
Amazing house, I love it!
#15 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 1:42 AM
that house is SWEEEEEEEEEEET!! fantastic job

If at first you don't succeed, then you shouldn't try skydiving
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 2:43 AM
wow looks very pretty.. thanks for sharing.. :D

~ * MaRiA * ~
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:54 AM Last edited by mani_k : 5th Apr 2006 at 4:16 AM.
thanks!! i really love the house!! the house is fantastic!!i think the house you build is more beautiful than the original foto that i gave u! i really love the house very much!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 8:48 AM
whi i can not find it in the section?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 10:41 AM
Mani k, try again. It shows up fine in my game.

Just a regular person
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mani_k
whi i can not find it in the section?

Have you installed OFB yet?

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 1:32 PM
This is very good. I've seen some big houses that look good on the outside, but aren't playable at all. Yours is built very well in terms of actually living IN it. Kudos!!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krayzieworld
Yours is built very well in terms of actually living IN it. Kudos!!

Oh, thank you. I'm glad to know that, because I didn't test it first. I tried to be reasonable and keep the house playable as I built it. I have tortured myself in the past by trying to play some of the houses I built, LOL. This one has some split-level walls, but it's only actually 2 living levels.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 9:38 AM
hay this may sound lyk a dumb question lol bt were do u save the files??
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 4:45 PM
awesome job! I love the decorating too. It shows that rooms can still look nice without CC. I also love the way the backyard is organized.

Color tags do not work in sigs
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 9:07 AM
I love it, it's a wonderful first upload! Thank you for sharing

Martine
Page 1 of 2