Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*New Object - Moneypile* All Versions *UPDATED for BV*

by smithycpl Posted 1st May 2006 at 8:13 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2007 at 12:55 PM by smithycpl : Updated

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st May 2006 at 9:04 PM
Cool,thank you.It automatically made me think of this.

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Money"

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.
Money it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack.
Money it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bull****
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet
Money it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away

"HuHuh! I was in the right!"
"Yes, absolutely in the right!"
"I certainly was in the right!"
"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!"
"Yeah!"
"Why does anyone do anything?"
"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"
"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking
why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and
screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely.
It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st May 2006 at 9:38 PM
This is great Thanks.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:04 PM
How cool! I will test this for you, I have original and nightlife, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:31 PM
Thanks for liking it!

$$$$ I love that song PinkFloyd, made me grab for "the best off" cd again
Btw best show ive ever seen was by them, the light and laser effects are still printed in my mind.

Quote: Originally posted by conage
How cool! I will test this for you, I have original and nightlife, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening..

Thanks, it's hard to get feedback afterwards so i appreciate that.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:39 PM
Sweet! Now Gabriella can pay the ransom for Dakota! (my sim soap in writing still lol) Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:33 AM
Wow cool! Hey do you think you could make another version of this? Basically the same thing but like...a messy pile of gold for pirates or something? I think that'd be pretty neat ^_^
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd May 2006 at 2:21 AM
Thank you this is a great idea! This will certainly help the expensive business that can't make a profit! And my worried Sim who can't make a buck! I guess I could give them money to help them out.... but then again....seeing them like this does provide some entertainment
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:21 PM
I love it! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd May 2006 at 10:08 PM
This is a great creation!! Works just fine w/ University installed along w/ Insimenator and Inteeminater (latest versions). Hats off to you!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2006 at 6:13 AM
Thank you all im glad you like the moneypile, since it looks like it seems to work fine for all, im planning this object to put into good use into my next project As a career award.
Im planning to use the red texture for that if it is ok for you HChangeri, let me know otherwise.
It will be a stand alone with his own guid and not conflicting with any other object in the game.

The Banker Career, this project is almost finished now, and should not overwrite the maxis careers, although the job levels, wages, workinghours and workingdays look like their real lifelike counterparts (long and boring), the Chance cards and job descriptions are hillarious and sure gonna make you sick to the stomic from laughter :D
The Moneypile wil be a Job-award in that new careertrack im planning to award when you reach level 7.

I'l give a little preview here for the 2 first jobdescriptions (they are the least funny) the other 8 Jobs you will have to find out while playing when it is released and for one chancecard and outcome .

lvl 1 Trainee - wage 175 - start 9am end 5pm mo-fri
description : Here you are then, all dressed up in a nice suit taking notes and serving your future collegue’s coffee.
These are the fun parts, but as you soon will learn, in banking there isn’t much time to relax, after all time is money.
Before the Assistant Treasurer even let you look at money, you will have to convince him that you do know that 1+1=2.
Long hours, long days and the payment is lousy, but these are the first steps and they are always the hardest.

lvl 2 Accounting Clerk - wage 225 - start 9am end 5pm mo-fri
description : The Assistant treasurer has noticed by now that you do know that 1+1=2 and decided that it was time for a promotion.
Your job is to do the basics that are required in the banking world, and that is to transfer and work with money from the clients.
You also have to make sure that the clients are served on a professional level, so don’t forget that smile at home.
Still long hours and long days but the payment is a little better now.
Practice your charismatic skills and you be talking to stock-brokers soon.

The chance cards are hilarious heres a preview of the level 2 chance card, and only 1 outcome from the possible 4:
Let's assume your sims name is John

John's been given a large amount of money to transfer anonymous to 20 different accounts. Normally he's used to having strange requests, but now all of a sudden John feels that this client looks familiar only he can't bring up from where. When John has transfert the amount to the 19th account the client has asked for, the picture comes back in his head "Franky Stilletto" the man the police is searching for last night in "Bust a sim yourself" on tv. Should John just finish the transaction or should he try to hold up the man and contact the police.

his chooises : Finish or Hold Up

John looks at Franky that looks back at him and tells him that he has to get new printingsheets for the printer for this last transaction. Franky is starting to look nervously around but replies with a “Hurry will ya!” While on the way towards the closets in the backside of the bank John happens to see one of the new securityguards and whispers “he is wanted by the police.” The securityguard acts right away and walks towards Franky with a drawn gun pointed at him. Franky Stilletto who happens to be his name worthy reacts as a tornado and throws a knife towards the securityguard that hits him in the hand. John who sees it all happen is like struck by lightning and nailed to the ground and from fright he wetted his pants, this humiliation for millions of viewers who will see the securitytapes in the “Bust a sim yourself” show later tonight, will harm the good name of the bank and has cost John his job.

Don't worry there aren't much ways to loose the job, this happens to be just one of them.

I hope you will like it when completed, currently i only have to do the chance cards for the last 5 joblevels, and then the hardest part adding the award object and the testing of it.

That's it for now, laterz all!
Cheers!

PS Hey Demon001, Thanks for the feedback m8 , i knew you would liked the object, im still planning to put some animation in the object, also thanks again for the feedback on the former object, before you know it i have that work also for other versions, im a very stubborn man. cu around.

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th May 2006 at 10:11 PM Last edited by cindybubbles : 4th May 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: missed some stuff
This object is great, but it produces an error message after adding the money to the household's account. I just press "Reset" and everything else will be fine.

I have the following expansion/stuff packs installed: University, NightLife, Open For Business and Family Fun Stuff. Maybe this object isn't compatible with one of these packs.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th May 2006 at 10:40 PM
Thanks!

"The grass is not greener on the other side you just need to water your lawn".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th May 2006 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cindybubbles
This object is great, but it produces an error message after adding the money to the household's account. I just press "Reset" and everything else will be fine.

I have the following expansion/stuff packs installed: University, NightLife, Open For Business and Family Fun Stuff. Maybe this object isn't compatible with one of these packs.

Probably FFS i have the other 3 and it works fine with them, I have FFS but wait to install it yet (reason: we modders have to know what every expansionpack has brought new into the game the progrees in that , until then i can't/won't install FFS).

What file did you download?
Do you have other money-cheats?

I suggest you try the other file than the one you've used, one of both should normaly work fine.
And please let me know afterwards how it worked out for you.
Even if it worked just let me know wich one worked, so i can make better objects in the future.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:06 PM
I downloaded the CPL file.

Anyways, I know the "motherlode" cheat very well, so I'm fine.

Thanks, I'll download the other one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cindybubbles
I downloaded the CPL file.

Anyways, I know the "motherlode" cheat very well, so I'm fine.

Thanks, I'll download the other one.

I'm sorry, it was "Do you have other downloaded objects that add money or money hacks?" i wanted to ask.

Don't forget to dellete the mallfunctioning one first.

Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:25 PM
Took a while to get back to you, because I unexpectedly went out three nights in a row, so I didn't get a chance to test it. Works brilliantly in my game. The only expansion I have is Nightlife.
Thanks for the great object
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:10 PM Last edited by smithycpl : 14th May 2006 at 4:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by conage
Took a while to get back to you, because I unexpectedly went out three nights in a row, so I didn't get a chance to test it. Works brilliantly in my game. The only expansion I have is Nightlife.
Thanks for the great object

Thank you Conage for the comment and feedback.
Wow 3 nights in a row without the sims 2, i dont think i could do that any more
Also i'm useless the day after a night out, even when i stick to soda.

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:04 AM
This is great. I've got sims who have way too much money and I just don't ever know what I can do to put that money into the value of their home...

So I built a basement....

And am now stuffing it with these piles. It looks great because they're all criminals. Hahahaha.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th May 2006 at 10:56 PM
Thanks for this. It's nice to have the lower denominations of $100 and $500 to add. And if I want to add $20,000 I don't have to input kaching 20 times or use JMP's money order to get rid of $30,000 after using motherlode. Very useful!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smithycpl
Thank you Conage for the comment and feedback.
Wow 3 nights in a row without the sims 2, i dont think i could do that any more
Also i'm useless the day after a night out, even when i stick to soda.

Cheers!

Not three nights out getting pissed. Two nights were going to the theatre and I can't remember what the other night was.. I think it was dinner..
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:45 PM
Dude this rocks! I've been trying to make a bank and this'll be perfect for it...now i just need nightlife for the ATM:D

I am Carl the Monchilla...lord of all monkeys and chinchillas!
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st May 2006 at 7:20 AM
That is amazing. Wish that we all can have that kind of thing in the real life!!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 6:29 AM
Oh lovely object~ once again, my friend!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 4:28 PM
Thank you all!
Its always nice to have money around in the house! :D

Hey Phantasy, great you like it!
You will be needing this object when your sims want to bye all those beautifull outfits that you make in the game!

Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2