Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mafia Career v2.0 - now includes TEEN career + custom clothes!

by teknofobe Posted 7th Sep 2006 at 12:49 AM - Updated 7th Sep 2006 at 4:22 AM by teknofobe : female mobsters

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 12:55 AM
Wow this is great! Your model there, looks just like Vito Corleone! haha...I'm pretty sure that was on purpose! lol.

"No puedo respirar...
Me mata la ansiedad...
A veces desespero y siento que me ahogo..."

--Cruzito--
--Dejame entrar en tu corazon--
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 12:59 AM
Whoops, almost forgot to give credit to moononsun for that Vito Corleone model! Thanks for reminding me
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 1:47 AM
I'm always afraid to add careers to my game, since I'm afraid that they might mess it up. (I've heard of that happening a lot) Is there any kind of mod detection conflict utility out there? I would really love to download this career.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by serrastone
I'm always afraid to add careers to my game, since I'm afraid that they might mess it up. (I've heard of that happening a lot) Is there any kind of mod detection conflict utility out there? I would really love to download this career.

Not sure about a "mod detection conflict utility", but my advice would be to download one mod at a time, make sure you know where it's saved, and try it out in game. If it messes up you're game, just delete it and you should be fine. Otherwise, have fun! (Of course, I dont follow my own advice--I download a gazillion things all at once-oh well)

On a seperate note, what about females? Don't they get new outfits too, or what? Can't sim women be mobsters too? Sexual equality and all that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 2:48 AM

As tgtgcgirl said, any problems this career causes can be fixed simply by removing it from the downloads folder. I've tested the career and haven't had any problems, or complaints from anyone else who's tried it.

Quote: Originally posted by tgtgcgirl
On a seperate note, what about females? Don't they get new outfits too, or what? Can't sim women be mobsters too? Sexual equality and all that?

Sure they can! I used Maxis outfits for female mobsters since I couldn't think of a good custom outfit (and had plenty of trouble getting the male one working), so I've uploaded a screenshot to illustrate. These outfits are custom in that they aren't typically assigned as career uniforms, but they aren't original.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 2:52 AM
This is awesome! Thanks for using Don Vito in your screenshot!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:57 AM
Can't be a real world without a few of them.. LOL

Thank you for sharing,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:25 AM
Thanks to y'all for your replies, I shall try this one out soon. Mods are like Pringles, you can't download and install just one!
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:25 PM
It's great! I tried it in my game and it is awsome.
Big Thanks teknofobe.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:36 PM
Nicely done, teknofobe.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 2:51 PM
Works perfectly with all expansions and stuffs
10x man this mod works perfectly with all expansions and stuffs. I would just like to recomend that it could be inhereted, for example the whole family when searching for jobs will always find the mafia carrer available. 10x
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 5:22 PM
Technofobe: Great idea for a career, and from all I can see at this point (not having yet tested it) quite nicely done...I only wish all career makers were as thorough, but as a beggar, I certainly shouldn't be a chooser or a complainer. Kudos on the custom content as well, it's a rare treat.

Serrastone: I wanted to add, that I've Numerous custom careers. I've only encountered problems a handful of times and, but for one exception, that resulted in my permanently losing the teen athlete career option, all have been reversible by simply removing the offender (should anyone out there have any suggestions on how to correct this sad state of affairs I'd certainly be grateful to hear them)...

...Allow me to offer a two bits of advice which are little more than common sense...be choosy when DLing careers, if the creator makes a slipshod impression then you're probably better off avoiding their DLs, regardless how intriguing they may seem...and lastly, keep exacting records of those mods you add to your game. It makes it so much easier to backtrack should you need to track down a possible offending hack.

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:17 PM
For some reason this career won't appear in my game. :/
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:30 AM
thanks for the great career and the link to don vito.
one question: do all four files need to be in the same folder? i have my career folder with subfolders for teen and adult careers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 1:15 PM
I'm actually not sure. I'm not organised enough to have subfolders. :D

Anyone else know?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 3:51 PM
cleaner, my best advice is to place the teen carer in your teen subfolder, and place all the other files (the adult career, the texture file and the clothing reference file) in your other adult career folder

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 6:38 AM
how do iget rid of stuff like this cause i think it overwrite another carrer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:34 AM Last edited by teknofobe : 17th Sep 2006 at 9:25 PM. Reason: package
Quote: Originally posted by kincaid
how do iget rid of stuff like this cause i think it overwrite another carrer

This career has a unique GUID so it doesn't overwrite any other careers, but to get rid of any .PACKAGE custom content simply delete it from your 'downloads' folder.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 9:37 PM
its awesome i love the mafia
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 6:54 PM

Or you could do a searh of your entire computer (keyword: "mafia" or "career")

It worked for me and the hacker career.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
cleaner, my best advice is to place the teen carer in your teen subfolder, and place all the other files (the adult career, the texture file and the clothing reference file) in your other adult career folder

thanks superfly will do that
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 4:32 PM
Excellent. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the download.
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:14 AM
is there a certain mesh to get for the custom clothing? because when my sim goes to work, she changes into a dark pink polo and light pink pants that were maxis created. if there is a mesh, can you tell me where to get it? unless that's really the uniform, then nevermind^^.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:15 AM
oh! never mind, i re-read the thing. =p stupid me
Page 1 of 3