Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Alienware computer updated for Pets

by jordi Posted 11th Dec 2006 at 6:26 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 3:01 PM by -Maylin-

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#2 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 4:52 AM
yes! i have been waiting for this! thank you for sharing!!! >^.^<

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:49 AM
Thanks! I love that computer but i couldn't use it since a lot of options didn't show up...

Ow en je bent nederlands zie ik Naja bedankt he
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 8:38 AM
Lovle, missed this... Now to hope for the recoulours, they are sweet
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 9:06 AM
Any existing recolours should still work, asides from the altered pie menus it is the same object found at the Exchange.

PS: if you find yourself submitting a "thanks" post by mistake, you can now edit it to make it a normal post. No more need to delete.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 12:05 PM
is the uni options on here too( lan party and hack grades)? or were they there already?

Hope is a good thing, Maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies..

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your sigature.

Get Busy Living or Get busy dieing
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 1:50 PM
Per the Post:
"All Uni and OFB options are of course also included."

I was wondering how to find the maxis Alienware to delete it though since the maxis objects are generally named by what seems a bunch of random letters and blah blah?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 2:36 PM
You can use the Clean Installer to find the existing alienware PC.
Or enter the game, delete it from the catalog, and only then place this one.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:40 PM
Easier said... I have a lot of downloads (understatement) and tend to crash the Clean Installer unless I'm only scanning an individual folder. Is anyone aware of the name of the file? Then I could just do a file search.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:54 PM
If you have it from the official exchange and did not use the clean installer, it has a random filename.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:05 PM
Very useful updating for other EPs! Thanks a buch!

nothing there
shiny!
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
If you have it from the official exchange and did not use the clean installer, it has a random filename.

Well that's certainly unfortunate.. any ideas on how to find it? If I delete it from within my game will it delete all the recolors too?
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 9:47 AM
It should leave any recolours you have alone. Really your best bet is try the Clean Installer or the Categorizer tool, but if this fails to find it, delete from in game.
shiny!
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 3:17 PM
Thanks I think I found it.. *crosses fingers*
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 7:14 PM
hi i know i probably not meant to ask this but i once had an alien ware that maxed skills personalities and moods does anyone know how i can get hold of it again?
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:22 PM
Um...will it work without pets?

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone who has been affected by cancer or knows someone who has been.
^ ^
0o
. .
¬ Suprised Piggy.

GERARD WAY IS THE HOTTEST EVER I LUV HIM SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 7:51 PM
First of all, let me just say a BIG Thank You for updating this for Pets. It is still my favorite computer in the game.

However, I have run across a problem with it. On community lots, it's not showing up in the catalog. I looked under Electronics -> TV's and Computers, but it's just not there.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 12:54 AM
dadditude: that's because I did not change the catalog options. Since OFB you have access to the normal and community catalogs on comm lots, so I did not bother to change it.

leo700: probably. Let me know if it does.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 8:34 PM
I know that you have access to normal and community catalogs on comm lots, but it wasn't showing up in the normal catalog on community lots (for me, at least). I used SimWardrobe's categorizer to give it a community sort option and it started showing up in the normal catalog on community lots for me.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:23 AM Last edited by DocFX : 15th Feb 2007 at 1:47 PM. Reason: ...Error in line 10, sub-script out of range?.
Thanks for the 'Uni/Pets' update...
Thanks for the 'Uni/Pets' update - this was one of the more useful add-ons from our friends at 'EA' !...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:19 AM
I've used this in a few uni lots (rentals not dorms -haven't tried it in dorms). The option to write term paper is there, but when they try they just jump out of the seat every time. Has anyone else had this problem?
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:45 AM
Thanks a bunch for the update; I've always loved this computer, but I've been annoyed that is doesn't show the EP interactions. Would it be possible to write a how-to about this? My Sims and I would surely appreciate it
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:34 PM
I'm not that good with tutorials. You could fix any custom PC as long as it uses the PC globals (all of them I know of), by extracting the Pie Menu and Pie Menu Strings resources from this computer, and adding them to the custom PC you want to update. Delete the original (outdated) strings and you're set to go.
That reminds me, I need to update the Weirdo Zone PC in my game ;-)
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, it worked perfectly! Now I can get my Sim's quadruplet daughters those MacBook Pros they've been asking for, and know they'll be useful in college.
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 5:35 PM
thanks much...what a great job you did!!!
hugs,
skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Page 1 of 2