Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Terrain Mod: Country Roads For Grass Neighbourhoods

by Stev84 Posted 29th Dec 2006 at 7:53 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2007 at 1:06 PM by Stev84 : Added two matching floor files

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 7:59 PM
Your county road looks great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:18 PM
Gosh! I just love you for these!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:19 PM
The screenshots look awesome! Good work.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:22 PM
This is a great Mod and I really like this a lot better than the regular roads! You did a wonderful job!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:24 PM
cool !
great idea and thank you for sharing this nice job

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:40 PM
What an amazing idea. Thank you!

Herald Between Two Lands
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:43 PM
I absolutely love your pictures. The third one is funny, how needs a garbage truck in the country. :P

Nice job get the color right, would there be a possibility to upload these with .zips, and maybe add mud to them in some spots?

Best regards,

~Chris

There are many myths about planes. Not many people know them. My favorite one is the propellor one: The propellor is on the front of the plane, it cools the pilot, because when it turn off, the pilot starts sweating.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 8:47 PM Last edited by noeidog : 29th Dec 2006 at 8:56 PM.
Nice job. Very well done. Will be a welcome addition to my country neighborhood. In a country scene it is far more nice to look at back roads than a highway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poopedapple1
I absolutely love your pictures. The third one is funny, how needs a garbage truck in the country. :P

Nice job get the color right, would there be a possibility to upload these with .zips, and maybe add mud to them in some spots?

Best regards,

~Chris

Did you ever ask yourself where the garbage ends after your sim put it into the trash can? Yes, these nice garbage trucks dump it in the next wood. Nobody said sims were very ecology-minded.

And no, I'm not going to upload these as .zips. Rars are smaller and you can get WinRAR easily on the net.

I may upload some different road-textures in the future, but I won't promiss anything.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:28 PM
Very nice, great idea!
Instructor
#12 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:35 PM
Very nice, great idea!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:40 PM Last edited by SimSpore : 30th Dec 2006 at 3:08 PM. Reason: missing word
Great looking job on these, Stev84, thanks

I'm torn as to whether I want to use them or not, though I'm definately going to download them!
Love the country look for sure, so I guess if I really need asphalt I can remove the asphault neighborhood or just remove this one to a holding folder outside of the game till it's needed for my backwoods/country neighborhood
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:54 AM
Would it be possible to update this to replace the roads in the dirt terrain (and make the dirt terrain actually look like the grass terrain?). That way, we could have modern suburbs with grass and regular roads AND country neighborhoods!

(I've already deleted the snow terrain replacement for dirt in anticipation of Seasons coming)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:03 AM
Ooh, these are very nice. I've always liked country stuff.

*downloads*

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:32 AM
Finally somebody made these roads! I'm waiting since nearly 1 year for this and for sure had done it by myself if I'd had enough time to do all I wanted. Thank you very much. If these roads only look in my game a little bit like shown in your pictures, then you did a really great job for me! Thank you very much!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:11 AM Last edited by chimp78 : 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:07 AM.
I love country very much. It'd be very nice to have this one for my Sims families. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BFIrrera
Would it be possible to update this to replace the roads in the dirt terrain (and make the dirt terrain actually look like the grass terrain?). That way, we could have modern suburbs with grass and regular roads AND country neighborhoods!

(I've already deleted the snow terrain replacement for dirt in anticipation of Seasons coming)

I thought of it myself. I'll see what I can do. But it could take some time.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:01 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This will be so wonderful for when I tire of playing typical suburban neighborhoods and start up the fantasy/medieval neighborhoods I've been planning.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#20 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:37 AM
BRILLIANT!!!! My medieval neighborhood never quite looked right with the modern asphalt streets running through it... a thousand thanks! :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:43 AM
Yes that's my idea too. Is it possible to replace the Dirt or the Cement terrian for thhis instead of Grass so that the Cement or Dirt looks like Grass, because it'll be ace if we can have countryside and modern city. Thank you , they look great!
Instructor
#22 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 11:02 AM
I think a dirt replacement would be lovely too! Well done

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:30 PM
Great looking job on these, thank your very much!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:45 PM
Danke, danke!

No more blacktop road going past my mad scientist's remote castle high in the mountains.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stev84
Quote: Originally posted by BFIrrera

I thought of it myself. I'll see what I can do. But it could take some time.

It would also be nice to have these roads just for dirt terrain, no need to replace dirt with grass.
Page 1 of 3