Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Investment Silver

by worship4ever0227 Posted 31st Jan 2007 at 3:31 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:54 PM by -Maylin-

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:44 PM
This is bloody brilliant! Any chance of you making gold? Its value now is *much* better than silver - 652.00 USD vs. 13.51 USD, when the markets closed yesterday. (Yeah, I know. I'm most likely a giant nerd for knowing that, but hey - my brain is stuffed full with useless knowledge!)

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:46 PM
Thanks, it's great
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:47 PM
Wonderful, perfect for my Gringots Bank for my HP neighborhood...LOL I agree with FionaSkye, all we need now is a gold recolor, or perhapes a gold and bronze recolor, to really make some good banks....Love it!

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce."~~unknown~~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:53 PM
This is realy nice, Thanks
I think i will Build a Bank to house this in :D

Wow, Nice Idea.. A Sim-Bank...... :D

smaller,faster,better....
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:59 PM
This is very useful if you want create a bank! Thanks!
Instructor
#7 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:03 PM
hey thank you so much! This will help them out lots!!!
hugs,
skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:13 PM
woah, those are some HUGE poly counts. I will be wating for a lower version

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:15 PM
This is a really good idea. And I'd love to see gold versions too sometime. My computer should hopefully be able to handle the polys. Thanks. :]

You've been a fallen angel, ripped out of the sky.
But as your wings grew strong enough,
You left me, behind to die.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:50 PM
This would be great for banks! Thank you! I'm waiting for lower poly ones though, 196 faces is a bit too much for a coin...
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eliza Blaine
Wonderful, perfect for my Gringots Bank for my HP neighborhood...LOL I agree with FionaSkye, all we need now is a gold recolor, or perhapes a gold and bronze recolor, to really make some good banks....Love it!

this is brilliant!!
i'd like that too
i found some pics of hp coins:
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:04 PM
Very nice! Thanks

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:28 PM
Whoa...how very unique. This is awesome...mwhahahaha, I cannot wait to build a vault with silver.

You should make an Investment Gold aswell. Quite interesting. Good job!

I shall not go gently into that good night...
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:45 PM
Finally a investment plan for my legacy sims who have suffered so much in the past, and u cant call it cheating ... right? hehehehe (but stops to realise that his computer cant handle it at the moment) well im am definitely downloading it just to give it a try... thanks
Alchemist
#15 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:55 PM
Your silver coins look so real.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:13 AM Last edited by worship4ever0227 : 1st Feb 2007 at 6:27 AM.
Okay, the poly counts are fixed! Thanks for everyone's replies.

Gold is coming in the future, but not in the form of a recolor. Since the value of gold is a lot higher than the value of silver, I will be making some drastic changes... and due to the fact that I can not price anything higher than about §30,000, I will not be able to offer such high quanties of gold.. but it is coming!

Quote: Originally posted by FionaSkye
This is bloody brilliant! Any chance of you making gold? Its value now is *much* better than silver - 652.00 USD vs. 13.51 USD, when the markets closed yesterday. (Yeah, I know. I'm most likely a giant nerd for knowing that, but hey - my brain is stuffed full with useless knowledge!)

Hah, nah... I'm an investor myself so I don't find it unsual to know the gold and silver price. I don't keep track of it as closely as my dad does, but I keep 'in touch' with it. LOL

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:15 AM
Can I add a couple more ideas - property investment/rental - say represented by a "monopoly" house - would have a higher "buy in" price - perhaps a lower return. Plus, wonder if you can build in a slight random chance that the bottom falls out of the gold/silver market and get a lower return, or even lose out... The risk of speculating...

CG
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 1:52 PM Last edited by worship4ever0227 : 1st Feb 2007 at 1:59 PM. Reason: typo
Somewhere on MTS2 there is a renter hack, or something to that effect..

I honestly don't know how to add a chance in or anything. Causing this to appreciate was a pretty simple process.

Though, one of the reasons that I chose silver (which is also the reason that I invest in it) is because it has virtually no chance of bottoming out. Yes, the price fluctuates a lot and may be higher one day than another, but ultimately the course is up.

I HAVE on the other hand, had a report of the silver depreciating in value at some point, but based on what I have done to it, I can't comprehend how that possibly could have happened. :S

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 12:39 AM
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 4:06 AM
In the TS1 I would have Sims that were art collectors, because in the original game you could buy sculptures and they would appreciate in value. I really missed that. Great mod!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 11:55 AM
I just want to say thank you! There was somthing like this for the sims 1 it looked like a pot of gold. you never knew how much money you were goign to get but it cost a dollar. It was one of my fav items untill someone came up with somthing like this it was investment certificets that where int he decore section. they gained intrest really fast. I was hoping someone would make somthing like this for TS2. I thought it would be nice if wealther familys got them for there kids and when they left home they could put them in there inventory and cash them in after they get there own house. Thank you so much!

I can quit dowloading coustom content anytime I want, I just don't want to...and no I do not have a problem.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 1:31 PM
Cheers W4E, this'll be useful - thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 3:06 PM
Holy Moly, this is a fabulous idea! I can't wait to play around with it. Thanks a million!
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:03 AM
Fantastic work, I love it! I have quite strict rules on how my sims can use their money, so realistic investment objects like this are just perfect for my game. And they look beautiful, too. Well done!
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 1:36 AM
Thanks for making these, but I can't find them ingame, for some reason, and I've been searching all the catologues. You listed base game, but does it not show up unless there's an expansion?
Page 1 of 2