Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 20 [NL+OfB] -- Two houses

by plasticbox Posted 11th Feb 2007 at 12:26 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 10:13 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 9:38 AM
coooooooooooool
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:55 AM
i luv all ur houses thx so much

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 11:14 AM
awesome house as always!

(O_o)/") hi!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 12:46 PM
Fantastic....thanks for sharing!

Everything I ever created is FREE for use. Use it as you wish, you can even include the CC with your lots. If you want to give credit please link to http://www.elitesimbuilders.com/.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 12:46 PM
Very nice home.
Thank you,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 5:10 PM
Another must download! Love the backdoor lane house set!
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:12 PM
I love the backdoor homes!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 11:55 PM
I am really loving this set. I've downloaded all your houses and are using them to make up my urban downtown.

Do you think that at one point, you would release screen shots of your neighbourhood (beyond the glimpses the house pics show you). I'd even like it if the screen shots had a legend showing which houses are which. However that might be getting just a tad demanding

You obviously put a lot of care in arranging these houses "just so". You also obviously have a vision, which us lesser mortal do not

In any case this is an awesome set. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:42 AM
Angelyne: I'm not actually playing this hood (the one I use for building -- because I can't have any hacks installed when I want to package lots). The houses don't have a fixed position, i move them around all the time ... they are meant to fit together in many ways, not just one. I'm happy to hear that it looks like I "put a lot of care in arranging these houses 'just so'", because I didn't =): for the overview screenshot above I really just grabbed the next best lots and put them around, et voilà, they seem to have arranged themselves. And that's how it's meant to work, which is why it's important that they all have the same overall measurements -- not really a modular system, more like a puzzle, but one with many many solutions.

Anyhow, on the screenshot above (NHoodView.jpg) the houses are, clockwise from top:

-- #21 or 22 (unreleased), the one on the street corner with the white/red/black cars in front
-- Rodney's Radio Shack (#13), the yellowish one with the blue awning
-- Hotel Ampersand, directly opposite to that
-- Abandoned Factory (#12 I think), the brick one in the top right corner
-- Public Toilet (part of the "five small complementary lots"), on the corner below the factory
-- #10, three row houses, sticking out/in from the right side of the pic
-- the one sticking in from the bottom is probably #16
-- the one in the middle is this one, the one above that (on the corner) is #08
-- on the opposite side of the street (on the very left of the pic) I only recognize "Look Upon The Orient", whatever number that was, that's the one with the red awning. Red bunch of pixels, respectively (I really wish there was *some* way to get proper neighbourhood pictures out of this game! I'd render them overnight if it had to be). The other ones I think are unfinished/failed anyway.

And I'd like to post more neighbourhood pics too, but i keep running into the 8-picture limit =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 12:19 AM
Thanks a lot for this info PB!. It does give me a good idea about the placement of your houses. Also makes me realize I'll need to find or create a new neighbourhood map with a smaller grid of roads.

Maybe one day if you are satisfied with your neighbourhood you can post pictures at one of those free picture hosting sites and share your "vision" with us. In fact it might be fun if more people starting posting pics of what they have done with your houses in their neigbourhood.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 10:38 AM
Angelyne ("In fact it might be fun if more people starting posting pics of what they have done with your houses in their neigbourhood") -- yes, that would be fun! I would love to see that =). If anyone wants to post pics, feel free to do so (please be nice to modem users and attach them to your posts if possible .. not as huge inline pics).

As for a "vision": I don't have one, sorry =). This isn't about a One Great Masterplan ...

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:54 PM
Thank-you Love
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:50 PM
Hi There, I really love your Backdoor Lane neighbourhood, such beautiful houses. I will certainly download them all. Very pleased with the 1 bed houses I've downloaded already
I did notice on this house though that the floor to my basement is bright blue and if I try to re-cover it with other flooring, they all turn blue too. Any idea what causes this, cheers!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:23 PM
Are you sure that that's flooring and not simply water coming in? (If you put houses too close to the shore, the basements will be flooded)

Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:17 AM
Hi, Thanks for your speedy reply I have moved the lot to a different location and all works fine now. Thanks for the help

Best Wishes!
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:11 PM
Has anyone tried to convert it under appartments to actually have 2 parties living in it?
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 11:15 PM
i LOVE all your houses, you are really talented! i love how you dont make everything so glammy, i cannot staand that! but ya, i download ALOT of them. its just a shame it takes so long to install them into the game; having to do them one by one ):
Scholar
#19 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 4:23 AM
I like the colors!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 7:52 AM
As usual this house is just great - thank you!